• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Fantomex

New logo, new unis, new winning ways. Believe Dolfans. I'm at a wedding and this setup is taking too long. No horde oeuvres, bunch of savages!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Don't know if this was posted but our future Offensive Guard stud, Larry Warford, was a first round target by the Rams:

larrywarford.jpg

In a good sign for Lions fans that Detroit got good value from third-round draft pick Larry Warford, it turns out that Warford was viewed as a player worthy of a first-round pick by at least one other team.

Peter King of Sports Illustrated was inside the Rams’ draft room, and he reported (as pointed out by ESPN.com) that when the Rams moved down from the 22nd pick to the 30th pick in the first round, Warford was one of the three players they were hoping would still be on the board at No. 30.

When the Rams decided to trade down, they were hoping to draft either Warford, UCLA defensive lineman Datone Jones (who went 26th to the Packers) or Georgia linebacker Alec Ogletree. As it turned out, both Ogletree and Warford were still available at No. 30, and the Rams decided to go with Ogletree.

The Rams didn’t have a second-round pick, so they didn’t get another shot at Warford before the Lions took him early in the third round, at No. 65 overall. Warford is expected to start at right guard for the Lions as a rookie, and the word out of Detroit is that the Lions think they got a steal in the third round.

The Rams would have to agree.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nd-pick-was-a-first-round-target-of-the-rams/

Warford is going to be one of the steals of the draft, considering how high offensive lineman got drafted this year. He helps shore up the interior of our line for a long time to come. We just need Jason Fox or Riley Reiff to step up and take over the Left Tackle spot.

Don't know if this was posted but our future Offensive Guard stud, Larry Warford, was a first round target by the Rams:

larrywarford.jpg

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nd-pick-was-a-first-round-target-of-the-rams/

Warford is going to be one of the steals of the draft, considering how high offensive lineman got drafted this year. He helps shore up the interior of our line for a long time to come. We just need Jason Fox or Riley Reiff to step up and take over the Left Tackle spot.

the rams are great at drafting offensive linemen so this is really good news for the lions that the rams considered this guy a first round pick. thumbs up lions!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
the rams are great at drafting offensive linemen so this is really good news for the lions that the rams considered this guy a first round pick. thumbs up lions!

If you're referring to Jason Smith, the current management had nothing to do with that pick. That was one of the many draft flops of the Steve Spagnulo regime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Smith_(American_football)

Jeff Fischers regime has actually been pretty damn decent at making picks and turning the Lambs around with the bare cupboard they were given.

If you're referring to Jason Smith, the current management had nothing to do with that pick. That was one of the many draft flops of the Steve Spagnulo regime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Smith_(American_football)

Jeff Fischers regime has actually been pretty damn decent at making picks and turning the Lambs around with the bare cupboard they were given.

definitely. brian quick and isaiah pead set the world on fire. how did the rams not make the playoffs with such an incredible coaching staff/talent they infused!?

Fantomex

You take that back right now!

As a graphic Designer that has NBC and Sony on my résumé, I can't Red. Our colors are great at contrasting, but we're not Karl Kani. One of the bright colors has to go, I'd prefer the Orange to go away and be replaced with a more neutral color, even Gray!

As a graphic Designer that has NBC and Sony on my résumé, I can't Red. Our colors are great at contrasting, but we're not Karl Kani. One of the bright colors has to go, I'd prefer the Orange to go away and be replaced with a more neutral color, even Gray!
You're responsible for the spider-man font, aren't you?

I like the two bright colors, it seems appropriate for a beach city like Miami. I actually wish the new unis had more orange.

did you draw the peacock?

if you did it sucks

Fantomex

You're responsible for the spider-man font, aren't you?

I like the two bright colors, it seems appropriate for a beach city like Miami. I actually wish the new unis had more orange.

One bright color is enough in my opinion. ButI understand that people are attached to them already.

did you draw the peacock?

if you did it sucks

The Peacock logo has been around for over 60 years. Why you so stupid, stupid?

definitely. brian quick and isaiah pead set the world on fire. how did the rams not make the playoffs with such an incredible coaching staff/talent they infused!?

Still whipped your asses up and down the field! You should be thanking us for being the catalyst for Kaep's meteoric rise anyway you ungrateful son of a bitch!

squicken

Givens is legit, and I do think in time Quick will be a solid player, but probably will never justify his draft position. Pead is probably a lost cause but who knows? At least 8 positions on offense will have new starters. It can't be worse

Any free agent news? Randy Moss? Brandon Lloyd?

Teams have mini camps this month. They won't start looking at free agents again until they have a first look at their rosters and see where they need more bodies

squicken

Hmm who else is still available? Quinton Mikell, Charles Woodson, Dwight Freeney, and a slew of RBs?

Brandon Moore, who was the butt in buttfumble, is a pretty solid guard. He is a bit older but I'm surprised he is still out there. Probably is asking for more money than teams want to pay. He'll wait until training camp and someone gets an injury

Hard to tell what the Rams interest in Mikell is. McDonald is the same player. What they don't have is a free safety. Or rather the FS is a guy who couldn't beat out Craig Dahl last year

Just got Kid Icarus because of you kids. Do you all play it with the touchpad? I haven't tried yet, but I always seem to lose interest in touchpad heavy games.

bionic77

Just got Kid Icarus because of you kids. Do you all play it with the touchpad? I haven't tried yet, but I always seem to lose interest in touchpad heavy games.
Play it with the touchpad. Start on easy.

And stop being a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch.

P.S. the controls and game can be hard at higher levels. That was the reasoning behind the bitch comment. It's a great game though. Pretty much perfect gameplay, graphics, voice work and writing. Also it can cramp up your muscles if you are a pussy. So if you are pussy do some kegels before you play!

Top Bottom