• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Was reading a some post-draft stuff, and one of the reasons the Bills really liked Manuel was his hand size. Their research was that QBs with larger hands perform better in cold weather. Geno Smith has 9.25" hands, while Manuel has 10.375" hands. For perspective, additional info on other QBs. Biggest shocker was that both Brees and Russell Wilson have 10.25" hands, which is freakish. I've always wondered how much info is out there on fumbles and hand size. Romo and Vick would seem to match the idea that smaller hands fumble more easily

Kolb--9.25

Romo--8.88

Vick--8.5

Alex Smith--9.38

Favre--10.38

Landry Jones--9.18

Weeden-- 9.63

RG3--9.5

Average NFL QB has 9.25" hands, but teams prefer at least 9.5", but hand shape is important. Apparently Dante Culpepper had "webbed hands" where the fingers didn't easily separate.

Are you telling me Alex Smiths arent THAT small?

Was reading a some post-draft stuff, and one of the reasons the Bills really liked Manuel was his hand size. Their research was that QBs with larger hands perform better in cold weather. Geno Smith has 9.25" hands, while Manuel has 10.375" hands. For perspective, additional info on other QBs. Biggest shocker was that both Brees and Russell Wilson have 10.25" hands, which is freakish. I've always wondered how much info is out there on fumbles and hand size. Romo and Vick would seem to match the idea that smaller hands fumble more easily

Kolb--9.25

Romo--8.88

Vick--8.5

Alex Smith--9.38

Favre--10.38

Landry Jones--9.18

Weeden-- 9.63

RG3--9.5

Average NFL QB has 9.25" hands, but teams prefer at least 9.5", but hand shape is important. Apparently Dante Culpepper had "webbed hands" where the fingers didn't easily separate.

What an idiotic reason to choose a QB. Having a large hand size sure hasn't helped Mark Sanchez in cold weather in New York:

hand span of 10 1/2 inches at the combine.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/mark-sanchez?id=79858

I guess watching the tape and seeing that Manuel has no accuracy and only views half the field should be overlooked because he's got big hands...smh

squicken

Are you telling me Alex Smiths arent THAT small?

His hands are small given his height, but I don't know where it ever started that he had abnormally tiny hands

edit: I would imagine it wasn't the only reason BUF chose him. Simply part of the reason they liked Manuel over the others

jakncoke

Banned
His hands are small given his height, but I don't know where it ever started that he had abnormally tiny hands

edit: I would imagine it wasn't the only reason BUF chose him. Simply part of the reason they liked Manuel over the others

Here probably and ran into the ground like every other meme

Kolb--9.25

Romo--8.88

Vick--8.5

Alex Smith--9.38

Favre--10.38

Landry Jones--9.18

Weeden-- 9.63

RG3--9.5

Brent proves that handsize and penissize are not related. #Science

Also, how do they measure the handsize?

ChanHuk

Banned
God I love my job. I show up to work and find out they're starting this shift out of a different hospital across the county. So now I'm waiting here for my partner to pick me up. Gonna take 30 minutes, now to find a TV to watch.

squicken

Brent proves that handsize and penissize are not related. #Science

Also, how do they measure the handsize?

Tip of the thumb to the tip of the pinki with your hand stretched out

Dog-on-a-jetski_large.gif

*The Browns’ draft board was arranged alphabetically, which is very unorthodox and can make it difficult to make decisions on the fly. Front office men around the league were buzzing about the unusual board last week. Also noteworthy is that the Browns did not allow the majority of their scouts in the draft room. But they are not the only team that locks out scouts.

Idk how the Rodgers is short thing started? strange stuff happens in here. I mean a talking cat, bear, and gator all post in here. No one finds that strange?!

Idk how the Rodgers is short thing started? strange stuff happens in here. I mean a talking cat, bear, and gator all post in here. No one finds that strange?!

Bear?

Tip of the thumb to the tip of the pinki with your hand stretched out

I'm now reading they measure the hands differently, from the top of the middle finger to the end of the wrist.

I'm so confused, so much different sites telling different things :O.

Now I'm not sure if I have average NFL QB hands or super small midget hands.

Colasante

In an interesting bit for the Patriots, Evan Silva from Rotoworld projects Marcus Cannon as the starting right guard for the Patriots: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/43199/59/post-draft-nfl-lineup-rankings

I'm not sure if Belichick will let Cannon compete at guard instead of tackle, but it'd make sense with Svitek coming in as the swing tackle and Zusevics on the practice squad. I think Cannon could provide an upgrade over Dan Connolly, I'd like it if he became a starter.

In an interesting bit for the Patriots, Evan Silva from Rotoworld projects Marcus Cannon as the starting right guard for the Patriots: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/43199/59/post-draft-nfl-lineup-rankings

I'm not sure if Belichick will let Cannon compete at guard instead of tackle, but it'd make sense with Svitek coming in as the swing tackle and Zusevics on the practice squad. I think Cannon could provide an upgrade over Dan Connolly, I'd like it if he became a starter.

Connoly was the weakest link on the line last year for sure. He's a great back-up to have, but not a starter. Still, I read that Belichick said that Cannon his best fit is at RT, not guard. We'll see when camp starts.

Kolb--9.25

Romo--8.88

Vick--8.5

Alex Smith--9.38

Favre--10.38

Landry Jones--9.18

Weeden-- 9.63

RG3--9.5

Disproving racial stereotypes. How does Favre even find his pathetic pitiful puny penis in those massive man mits?

Rodgers is mocked in here for being a midget because he's unusually self conscious about his height in real life. They did an interview with him and talked about it. He hates when he meets fans and they say something along the lines of "I thought you'd be bigger/taller"

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I have an authentic Lemieux jersey from like 1994 (Starter brand!) so I guess the Penguins are my favorite team.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I remembered you were a Leafs fans only seconds after posting.

Us Sconnies are drunk earlier than Cuevas on Sundays.

All that Catholic guilt holding us down.

How do you drink before that which is always drunk?

Edit: happy birthday Banned you Viking bastard!

squicken

Eagles owner Lurie remarries

Last year, Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie and his wife, Christina Weiss Lurie, ended their marriage after 20 years together. The divorce occurred quickly and quietly and, fortunately for Eagles fans, had none of the ugliness and dysfunction that marred the Los Angeles Dodgers for multiple years.

Jeffrey Lurie now has a new Mrs. Lurie. According to Zach Berman of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Lurie and Tina Lai married in a private weekend ceremony.

Lai will have no official role in the Eagles organization. “I am happy and excited as Tina and I begin our lives together,” Lurie said in a statement.

The new Mrs. Lurie becomes a potential wild card in the Eagles ownership structure, either in the event of a future divorce or if Lurie, 61, does not sell the team during his lifetime.

050513_lurie_wedding_qkiat.jpg

Top Bottom