• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

bionic77

I don't have the desire to finish Luigi. I think its time to trade in.
I keep waiting for the day when you are right about something.

I just want you to know that I am rooting for you Chan and hope that day comes before we all die in the next 60-70 years. A lesser person would give up but I believe in you and say fuckoff to all the evidence (past posts, statistics, IQ tests, etc.) that says it will never happen.

ChanHuk

Banned
I keep waiting for the day when you are right about something.

I just want you to know that I am rooting for you Chan and hope that day comes before we all die in the next 60-70 years. A lesser person would give up but I believe in you and say fuckoff to all the evidence (past posts, statistics, IQ tests, etc.) that says it will never happen.

So; we're friends?

ChanHuk

Banned
Of course bro!

It isn't you are a filthy Pats fan and are trying to get me to look at pictures of Tom Brady.

Steelers fans are slightly below Pats fans. Well they're not so bad anymore without James Harrison, so Bengals fans are worse. But the rapist is still there.

So far, the 3DS purchase was a genius move for me. It's perfect for my hotel time, plus I never played DS, so I'm buying up those as well. My shithole hotel TV doesn't have a way to switch inputs, so my PS3 would be useless, but I really wanted to give the Bioshock series a run though.

bionic77

Steelers fans are slightly below Pats fans. Well they're not so bad anymore without James Harrison, so Bengals fans are worse. But the rapist is still there.
Wrong again! And this one was dumb even for you!

I don't know why it still surprises me.

And yes we have a rapist but he served his time or paid those women off (whatev, same difference). He is rehabilitated and deserves the chance to earn a living. Let the man live his life and lets all work together as a community to keep dangerously drunk fat chicks away from him. No use tempting the dude.

Pimpwerx

What's the thread's thoughts on Miami's chances this season? I like the moves out FO has made. If Philbin has been working with Ireland to get the kind of guys he wants, then I'll feel even better. I think we might be in for a playoff run this year. Anyway, me and my pops re-upped on our season tix. We believe! :D PEACE.

What's the thread's thoughts on Miami's chances this season? I like the moves out FO has made. If Philbin has been working with Ireland to get the kind of guys he wants, then I'll feel even better. I think we might be in for a playoff run this year. Anyway, me and my pops re-upped on our season tix. We believe! :D PEACE.

Maybe a longshot for a wildcard until Brady retires

bionic77

AFC North, as a whole, is a classy division.
The best division in football in the last 15 years. And really it isn't even close.

And as much as I hate the Ravens, regardless of where we are in SB contention, Ravens/Steelers has been the one true must see rivalry for that time period. The hatred between the two is so genuine and pure. Sadly I think that may kind of wane now that the Ravens are about to fall off a cliff, but it was good times when it lasted. Maybe the Browns can become the Ravens 2.0 and start a new rivalry.

Hunter S.

everyonefights_medium.gif
Haha, showing why hockey is the toughest sport out there.

I'm not a Miami fan, but I'm just not sure about the Rb situation. You guys didn't do much at the postiton besides Miller did you? Idk though miami fans have more insight then me, but is Miller really the future at Rb for the near future?

The best division in football in the last 15 years. And really it isn't even close.

And as much as I hate the Ravens, regardless of where we are in SB contention, Ravens/Steelers has been the one true must see rivalry for that time period. The hatred between the two is so genuine and pure. Sadly I think that may kind of wane now that the Ravens are about to fall off a cliff, but it was good times when it lasted. Maybe the Browns can become the Ravens 2.0 and start a new rivalry.

Ravens/Steelers really is the only rivalry in the NFL over the last decade worth a damn. You couldn't be more wrong about us falling off a cliff though. We've improved everywhere except QB, and filled in all our losses except Boldin. Ravens will win the division next year.

Pimpwerx

I'm not a Miami fan, but I'm just not sure about the Rb situation. You guys didn't do much at the postiton besides Miller did you? Idk though miami fans have more insight then me, but is Miller really the future at Rb for the near future?

Well, I'm certain he's better than Daniel Thomas, because DT has been extremely underwhelming for us. Miller looked to have potential in his carries last year. I wish we'd kept Reggie, because he's very dynamic. However, I'm fine with Miller. I figure we're going to air it out a lot this year...a lot. I think the running game is just there to supplement the passing attack. I like that we've made some changes on the o-line too. I think there's potential there, and I feel like the AFC East is somewhat weak with the Bills and Jets somewhat in disarray. I also feel like the Pats are getting gradually worse, but I could just be delusional. PEACE.

i hate to rain on your parade, but no one outside of ravens/steelers fans gives a flying fuck about that "rivalry". the games are boring as fuck and a shell of what a TRUE rivalry is. part of it is the fact that both pittsburgh and baltimore are human garbage dumps. the other part is that both teams have been pretty boring for as long as they've existed.

so you guys can continue to jerk each other off (i would never object!) but just realize that no one outside of pitt/bal fans cares

bionic77

Ravens/Steelers really is the only rivalry in the NFL over the last decade worth a damn. You couldn't be more wrong about us falling off a cliff though. We've improved everywhere except QB, and filled in all our losses except Boldin. Ravens will win the division next year.
If 6 wins was enough to win the division I might agree with you but I think next year it will take 8+. The ravens used up a decades worth of good luck last year. I expect you guys to suck massive balls and finish under .500.

Flacco and co. will pretend to be pissed when they are losing to shit teams, but deep down they will be fat and satisfied with last years championship. Someone like Suggs will be ruined. Girls will actually want to sleep with his ugly ass because of that ring and without his innate evil and hatred I don't see him being better than average. The bitches and money are going to kill your team. Happens to every champ.

Nope, you guys are out and this year we will strong contenders for this years fraud champion!

bionic77

i hate to rain on your parade, but no one outside of ravens/steelers fans gives a flying fuck about that "rivalry". the games are boring as fuck and a shell of what a TRUE rivalry is. part of it is the fact that both pittsburgh and baltimore are human garbage dumps. the other part is that both teams have been pretty boring for as long as they've existed.

so you guys can continue to jerk each other off (i would never object!) but just realize that no one outside of pitt/bal fans cares
:lol

It's always a marquee primetime game and it is marketed as such. Just like Bears/Packers and Cowboys/NFC East, except unlike those games ours are always competitive. And everyone in their division says they hate each other, but you can see the truth in Ravens/Steelers by the body count.

Your team plays in a shit division that no one gives a fuck about so you assume every division is like that. Not the case!

P.S. your team got handled by that garbage dump. If you had a real qb like Big Ben that never would happened!

Hunter S.

Yeah, who would really care about a rivalry involving defense snore feaster teams first other than rats and squeelers. Come on guys, real rivalries have offense. Peyton-Manpons Brady is were it is at. Or good guys on white horses vs. evil incarnate chokeland.

Says the fan of poop! You lost a SB to the Rats, go sit in the corner.

squicken

AFC wild card is wide open. Pats and Denver are locks, but otherwise, it's pretty open. I'd say Indy will likely make the playoffs, but it might be as a WC. I'd like Miami's chances a lot better with Martin as RT. As a LT I feel like your line is going to be a liability all year. If Tanny is really good then you could maybe get to 10 wins. It's hard to know how the AFC works out b/c of all the bad teams. KC/HOU/IND have an edge b/c they will get an extra 2 games vs bottom feeder teams this year within their divisions

squicken

The condition of the conditional pick that KC has to send SF is:

If KC goes 8-8 or better, they owe SF their 2014 2nd. If not, a 2014 3rd.

SF will have lots of ammo next year. TEN made a moronic trade with them, so: San Francisco will probably to have a first-, second- and four third-rounders next year. But if the Chiefs do well, it'll be a one, two twos and three threes.

SF will have lots of ammo next year. TEN made a moronic trade with them, so: San Francisco will probably to have a first-, second- and four third-rounders next year. But if the Chiefs do well, it'll be a one, two twos and three threes.

Yep and depending on the comp picks we could have 12+ again next year :D

God bless you harbaalke!

Long live the great Niners/Seahawks rivalry!

Hunter S.

Hmmm... I still think the Chiefs will be lucky to improve by 5 wins max. The entire system will be new, and Alex Smith has a lot to learn himself. The 49ers look to be good for some time, but the Cheifs should have at least two seasons to reach or surpass 8-8 even with a guy with the experience of Andy Reid taking over. He is not supernatural after all.

ChanHuk

Banned
Wrong again! And this one was dumb even for you!

I don't know why it still surprises me.

And yes we have a rapist but he served his time or paid those women off (whatev, same difference). He is rehabilitated and deserves the chance to earn a living. Let the man live his life and lets all work together as a community to keep dangerously drunk fat chicks away from him. No use tempting the dude.

Criminal justice system works!!!!1111

squicken

Hmmm... I still think the Chiefs will be lucky to improve by 5 wins max. The entire system will be knew and Alex Smith has a lot to learn himself. The 49ers look to be good for some time, but the Cheifs should have at least two seasons to reach or surpass 8-8 even with a guy with the experience of Andy Reid taking over. He is not supernatural after all.

The Chiefs had a decent team last year that was completely undermined by bad coaching and a bad QB. They get SD and OAK twice, plus JAX, CLE, PHI, TEN, and BUF. That's a lot of games vs some potentially bad teams

cdyhybrid

Highway robbery. Props to SF for pulling all that off but shame on everyone trading with them.

squicken

b. Many have said the Rams are going to have one of these risky high picks -- Janoris Jenkins, Alec Ogletree -- blow up on them, the way Pacman Jones and Albert Haynesworth blew up on Jeff Fisher in Tennessee. I didn't use it in the story for space reasons, but COO Kevin Demoff admitted to me that it was likely that one of these days they'd have an issue with one of the high-risk guys, and it was simply the cost of doing business when you take a talented player who has had issues.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nf...ing-monday-morning-quarterback/#ixzz2SUJaaEfp

Isiah Pead was talking about beating his dog on Twitter but has since deleted the Tweets, so my money is on him

Hunter S.

The Chiefs had a decent team last year that was completely undermined by bad coaching and a bad QB. They get SD and OAK twice, plus JAX, CLE, PHI, TEN, and BUF. That's a lot of games vs some potentially bad teams
Well, I am just assuming an average improvement of plus four wins when improving an organization like the Cheifs have done. Since it is not a quantifiable stat I am not going to give them much more. Most Cheifs fans seem pretty realistic about the improvement from what I've seen, and some call my 7-9 wins max proclamation too high. Hell, the only reason I would want them to improve is for healthier competition for the Broncos next year. Still the AFC West games are never easy.

squicken

Well, I am just assuming an average improvement of plus four wins when improving an organization like the Cheifs have done. Since it is not a quantifiable stat I am not going to give them much more. Most Cheifs fans seem pretty realistic about the improvement from what I've seen, and some call my 7-9 wins max proclamation too high. Hell, the only reason I would want them to improve is for healthier competition for the Broncos next year. Still the AFC West games are never easy.

Quick turnarounds are all about the schedule, QB, and/or coaching. The Colts turned around fast by getting lucky on all three. Their roster is still crap but they took advantage of an easy schedule with a franchise QB and non-incompetent coaching.

Chiefs have a cake schedule, better coaching, and a decent QB. Could see them going 9-7 if things go perfect

Top Bottom