• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Posting so we can move on to a new page and never see those disgusting images again.

You don't like Uggs? Here are pictures without the Uggs.

500x305-brady-press-20130103.jpg

tom-brady-lg.jpg

dm_130409_nfl_PatsDraft_BradyBill.jpg

bf8c659485_ltp080608esquirebrady.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Damnit, that's not what I wanted to see right before bed.

Agreed. Too many douchey, Hollywood QBs like Kaep and Brady in this thread. The NFL needs more regular guys like Stafford promoting the overall league image. Staff will be giving the Packers nightmares this upcoming season, and decade, but for tonight you can sleep easy.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Matthew-STafford.jpg

Pimpwerx

AFC wild card is wide open. Pats and Denver are locks, but otherwise, it's pretty open. I'd say Indy will likely make the playoffs, but it might be as a WC. I'd like Miami's chances a lot better with Martin as RT. As a LT I feel like your line is going to be a liability all year. If Tanny is really good then you could maybe get to 10 wins. It's hard to know how the AFC works out b/c of all the bad teams. KC/HOU/IND have an edge b/c they will get an extra 2 games vs bottom feeder teams this year within their divisions

I'll say this, I think highly of Tanny after seeing him in person. I feel like he was forced to make some really tough throws last year because his receivers were all trash. I still believe Hartline is a slot receiver masquerading as a 1st/2nd option right now. He runs really excellent routes, and would be unguardable by a nickelback IMO. I really feel Martin has improved at LT. I'm not sure if it's to Long levels, but Jake was always injured anyway. He should be at least as good as hobbled Jake was last year.

I think Sherman will utilize Tanny's wheels a bit more this season. He's good throwing on the run IMO, so if we get him on the move more this season, it should be good. I hope Miller allows this, but we'll see. I'm not that certain his hands are good enough. I have confidence Philbin is assisting Ireland in making the right personnel decisions, at least for his system. I have confidence in the coach now, so I just hope the GM is supplying him with the requisite talent. I have a lot of confidence for this season. Maybe misplaced, but we'll see. PEACE.

Seanspeed

Banned
You are uniqe.

I'll say this, I think highly of Tanny after seeing him in person. I feel like he was forced to make some really tough throws last year because his receivers were all trash. I still believe Hartline is a slot receiver masquerading as a 1st/2nd option right now. He runs really excellent routes, and would be unguardable by a nickelback IMO. I really feel Martin has improved at LT. I'm not sure if it's to Long levels, but Jake was always injured anyway. He should be at least as good as hobbled Jake was last year.

I think Sherman will utilize Tanny's wheels a bit more this season. He's good throwing on the run IMO, so if we get him on the move more this season, it should be good. I hope Miller allows this, but we'll see. I'm not that certain his hands are good enough. I have confidence Philbin is assisting Ireland in making the right personnel decisions, at least for his system. I have confidence in the coach now, so I just hope the GM is supplying him with the requisite talent. I have a lot of confidence for this season. Maybe misplaced, but we'll see. PEACE.
Pats are a lock.

Milchjon

Agreed. Too many douchey, Hollywood QBs like Kaep and Brady in this thread. The NFL needs more regular guys like Stafford promoting the overall league image. Staff will be giving the Packers nightmares this upcoming season, and decade, but for tonight you can sleep easy.

That's not regular. That's more like Venti.

BigAT

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Jonah Hill has done pretty well for himself.

"Dolphin's Future in Miami Uncertain"

Regarding the team’s future in Miami, Dee said, “I wouldn’t want to prognosticate what the future holds, but it’s clearly bleak.”

Although Dee said Ross won’t move the team, Dee said the next owner could move the team, possibly to Los Angeles. Ross has said he won’t sell the team in his lifetime, but Dee didn't rule out a sale during Ross’s lifetime.
If the Dolphins move to LA I guess I'll just become a Browns fan or something.

"Dolphin's Future in Miami Uncertain"

If the Dolphins move to LA I guess I'll just become a Browns fan or something.

Never in a million years would the NFL leave the Miami market. That is crazy to even think about. This is just posturing because they ant the city/state to pay for improvements to the stadium. Just like the NFL tried to dangle a potential SB for the Fins if they improve the stadium. Miami is one of the most important NFL markets.

squicken

Rams don't have a stadium. Chargers don't either. Now Miami. There is nothing in LA to move in to. None of the cities worry b/c there aren't any non-NFL cities waiting in the wings. Phins will stay where they are

Edit: now Denver wants to host a Super Bowl? Insane. Such a bad precedent having it in NY this year

brentech

You'd think Kastrioti was dating Stafford himself. Has to be the biggest human shill I've ever seen.

Hold the praise of a kid until he actually wins something. Especially coming off a shit ass season. Most 'great' QBs would never allow such a record to happen.

Rams don't have a stadium. Chargers don't either. Now Miami. There is nothing in LA to move in to. None of the cities worry b/c there aren't any non-NFL cities waiting in the wings. Phins will stay where they are

Edit: now Denver wants to host a Super Bowl? Insane. Such a bad precedent having it in NY this year

I think it is great. I know Lurie has said he will push for 1 in Philly if NY goes well this year. I would love to see the SB being held in cities where the fans care about football.

BigAT

I don't understand people that are against it, cold weather football is awesome and a big part of the game. I feel like most of the whining about it comes from media types that have to spend two weeks in these areas instead of getting a paid vacation to Miami, Arizona or Texas. Fuck 'em, maybe it will keep some of them away and make media day less of a farce. I hope the NY/NJ Super Bowl paves the way for many more cold weather locations in the future.

Draxal

I don't understand people that are against it, cold weather football is awesome and a big part of the game. I feel like most of the whining about it comes from media types that have to spend two weeks in these areas instead of getting a paid vacation to Miami, Arizona or Texas. Fuck 'em, maybe it will keep some of them away and make media day less of a farce. I hope the NY/NJ Super Bowl paves the way for many more cold weather locations in the future.

And more whining from Flacco.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Have to disagree. While she is hot she ain't no DDD.

Also what is more weird to see. A fat slob like Stafford with a super fine woman or an old skeleton like Lurie with a hot woman?

Chicks dig dudes with money, that's a proven fact. So if you're loaded, you can be as fat as you wanna be and still get hot sorority chicks.

effzee

Hmmm... I still think the Chiefs will be lucky to improve by 5 wins max. The entire system will be new, and Alex Smith has a lot to learn himself. The 49ers look to be good for some time, but the Cheifs should have at least two seasons to reach or surpass 8-8 even with a guy with the experience of Andy Reid taking over. He is not supernatural after all.

Well you guys did have 6 pro bowl players. Your defense was decent, it was just abused because the QB play and offense as a whole was horrendous.

I hate Andy Reid for the mess he created for the Eagles, but he can build a program. In fact I would say with very little pressure on him and starting from the very beginning is where he is at his best. You guys will compete for the wild card either this year or the following. All depends on how fast McCoy turns SD around.

Worry about Reid once you guys are established as a good team and the pressure mounts to take the next steps. Then all the poor play calls (LETS PASS ALL THE TIME!), terrible time management, and "goofs" in the personnel department will become evident and frequent.

The Chiefs had a decent team last year that was completely undermined by bad coaching and a bad QB. They get SD and OAK twice, plus JAX, CLE, PHI, TEN, and BUF. That's a lot of games vs some potentially bad teams

Chip is going to get all in that ass. That's our SB! We should destroy the Chiefs at home!

After the bears got rained on I couldn't care less about having a Super Bowl in less than perfect conditions. Denver? Fuck lets try Alaska.

And more whining from Flacco.

I dread the thought of all the whining from the losing fans who'll bitch about how their team wasn't built for rain or snow. And if it's a low scoring game, look out. All the whiners and defense haters will have Goodell killing the cold weather city idea the next day.

I'm not even that confident at this point. At this point, I'm just hopeful that they aren't awful like last season.

As long as the oline is healthy they will be much better then last year. They beat the Ravens and Giants back to back and were 3-1 before the injuries piled up. Vick was #5 in QBR in 2010, and #11 in 2011. That is more then good enough to win in the NFL, especially with how good of a rushing team the Eagles have been and should be going forward. I dont expect them to be a playoff team but 7-9 8-8 doesnt seem far fetched. They also play in a terrible division and that should help them.

Slo

Kluwe got got. Good night sweet prince.

Chris KluweVerified account ‏@ChrisWarcraft So long, Minnesota, and thanks for all the fish!

Chris Kluwe ‏@ChrisWarcraft 11m Thank you to all the fans, my teammates, and the Wilf family for the past 8.5 years. I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

bionic77

Apparently Steelers GM and OC have determined that our new running back is NFL ready and if I can read between the lines we now have the best running back in the division.

Now we just have to make sure he can stay healthy after the Murdermore games...

Top Bottom