• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

I really hope the cutting of Kluwe doesnt turn into a conspiracy about his activism.

He has really taken a massive downturn the last couple years.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Apparently Steelers GM and OC have determined that our new running back is NFL ready and if I can read between the lines we now have the best running back in the division.

Now we just have to make sure he can stay healthy after the Murdermore games...

I think the question is whether or not he can play ball with a stab proof vest.

All AFC North players have to deal with this handicap though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I hope the Jets sign Kluwe.

Considering our punter will probably see the most snaps in NFL history this year for a punter it'd be nice to see a guy I personally like back there.

ChanHuk

Banned
Do we have anymore room for Kluwe in the NFLGAF fort? I say we kick out snesfreak again to make room or was he ever apart of the fort?

MechDX

Darkside needs to invite GREATBLACKOTAKU to join us. The guy is into anime, internet meme's and wrestling. He was born to be here.

Narag

Lets go Texans!

I'll need to squicken some team this year since the Jets hopefully go 0-16. Might as well go with the team thats got a bunch of otakus and furries on it.

Texans have some likeable folk nowadays between JJ watt, Arian, AJ, #1 sonic fan, and the greatblackotaku.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Texans have some likeable folk nowadays between JJ watt, Arian, AJ, #1 sonic fan, and the greatblackotaku.

4xdLdIu.jpg

"I'm never on these lists"

bionic77

I think the question is whether or not he can play ball with a stab proof vest.

All AFC North players have to deal with this handicap though.
Stabbing was Ray Rays MO. It is the Predators team now. If I remember correctly his weapon of choice was a laser that could also shoot missles.

The only defense to that is to strip naked and cover yourself with mud so his alien eyes cannot see you. NFL will give us problems about the non-sanctioned uniforms, but if they write the teams name and a NIKE logo with a big enough tattoo they might let it slide for player safety.

Hunter S.

Well you guys did have 6 pro bowl players. Your defense was decent, it was just abused because the QB play and offense as a whole was horrendous.

I hate Andy Reid for the mess he created for the Eagles, but he can build a program. In fact I would say with very little pressure on him and starting from the very beginning is where he is at his best. You guys will compete for the wild card either this year or the following. All depends on how fast McCoy turns SD around.

Worry about Reid once you guys are established as a good team and the pressure mounts to take the next steps. Then all the poor play calls (LETS PASS ALL THE TIME!), terrible time management, and "goofs" in the personnel department will become evident and frequent.

Chip is going to get all in that ass. That's our SB! We should destroy the Chiefs at home!
:jnc I am not a Cheifs fan, but I pay strong attention to them as a rival of my team. Seems like a change is what the Eagles needed. Perhaps the team no longer listened and Reid was too complacent there. Sometimes new turf is good for a coach. That stated, I do not see the chargers turning it around very quickly. Cheifs should improve before chargers, Chargers more likely than the Raiders. 2 years for the Cheifs maybe. I hope so the fans were like brocken dogs last year when they are normally good thug fans.

squicken

Texans worried about 35 year old safety who had hip surgery a couple of weeks ago

Defensive coordinator Wade Phillips admitted he's a "little concerned" with Reed's surgery because of the timing. Reed didn't undergo surgery right after the season, presumably because it wouldn't be a good look as he searched for a new team in free agency. The delay could wind up costing Reed the entire OTA/minicamp season in addition to a chunk of the preseason.

Fantomex

They'll go 0-16.

On another note, I can't believe I used to read Peter Kings columns years ago. That dude serves no purpose. He doesn't provide breaking news, inside stories or predict anything that actually happens. I just went to glimpse his column and it's full of news and tidbits you can get anywhere else about 2 weeks ago. That dude is clownshoes. What is his role on the NBC Sunday Night Football? Just to relay what Schefter, Clayton and Glazer already discovered?

squicken

They'll go 0-16.

On another note, I can't believe I used to read Peter Kings columns years ago. That dude serves no purpose. He doesn't provide breaking news, inside stories or predict anything that actually happens. I just went to glimpse his column and it's full of news and tidbits you can get anywhere else about 2 weeks ago. That dude is clownshoes. What is his role on the NBC Sunday Night Football? Just to relay what Schefter, Clayton and Glazer already discovered?

He was in the Rams war room, and had info and quotes about that no one else had. Now that's not going to interest many people besides Rams fans, and I stopped reading him regularly as well, but he does have a lot of access wrt behind the scenes stuff

bionic77

One good thing about soccer is the worst few team are relegated and sent down into the lower leagues.

I would love to see that happen to the Jets. Then they would proceed to get their asses kicked in the CFL or Europe. There is no game they can't lose!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
He was in the Rams war room, and had info and quotes about that no one else had. Now that's not going to interest many people besides Rams fans, and I stopped reading him regularly as well, but he does have a lot of access wrt behind the scenes stuff

Was he acting as a spy for the Patriots or something?

Fantomex

I guess my thing is, he does offer behind the scenes stuff. But not on a "elway to marino" level of interest. It's more like things that a beat writer can pick up. Anyhoo, dude is clownshoes. He reminds me of the dude nobody liked in school, not because he was cool, stupid or a nerd but because he had that smug mentality.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
One good thing about soccer is the worst few team are relegated and sent down into the lower leagues.

I would love to see that happen to the Jets. Then they would proceed to get their asses kicked in the CFL or Europe. There is no game they can't lose!

Jets have never been anywhere near the worst team unfortunately.

Maybe this is the year. Hopefully. Would be nice to have the #1 draft pick.

Top Bottom