• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

You People!
GR3BFPo.jpg

The Browns won a game?

squicken

Top 10 QB's according to Kurt Warner for those that care and for the sake of non-murder football discussion.

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. Peyton Manning
5. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Eli Manning
7. Matt Ryan
8. Joe Flacco
9. Phillip Rivers
10. Tony Romo

My opinion? Swap Brady and Rodgers. Swap Eli and Ben. Move Romo up to 9.

Drop Rivers entirely at this point in his career but I don't know who would replace him at #10?

Why isn't Russell on this list? Flacco? lol I'll take both RG3 and Luck

Colasante

I don't think it's even a question at this point that Aaron Rodgers is better than Tom Brady. If you concede that both have extremely high football IQs, Rodgers still has a much stronger arm and is considerably more mobile.

Top 10 QB's according to Kurt Warner for those that care and for the sake of non-murder football discussion.

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. Peyton Manning
5. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Eli Manning
7. Matt Ryan
8. Joe Flacco
9. Phillip Rivers
10. Tony Romo

My opinion? Swap Brady and Rodgers. Swap Eli and Ben. Move Romo up to 9.

Drop Rivers entirely at this point in his career but I don't know who would replace him at #10?

I'd drop Flacco and Rivers. Add HoFlynn and RG3 or Wilson.

TheFatOne

Good point. I do like Bedard, and I'm glad he's doing the thing with Peter King. About the only good thing I've heard about it, really

Bedard is a good writer. I really loved his breakdowns of the Patriot games, and preseason stuff. I'm sad that he isn't going to be writing that stuff for the Pats, but I'm happy he has moved on to bigger things. What is he doing with Peter King?
I don't think it's even a question at this point that Aaron Rodgers is better than Tom Brady. If you concede that both have extremely high football IQs, Rodgers still has a much stronger arm and is considerably more mobile.

Agree 100%. Anyone who doesn't put Rodgers at number one is crazy. He is clearly the best QB in the NFL.

Talon

AGod is the best passer in football bar none. Better ball placement than Brees. Quicker release than Manning. Much more athletic than Brady. Strongest arm in the league (magically after coming out of Cal with a blah arm). Avoids turnovers better than any QB in history.

Only thing you can criticize him for is occasionally waiting too long for big plays.

squicken

Bedard is a good writer. I really loved his breakdowns of the Patriot games, and preseason stuff. I'm sad that he isn't going to be writing that stuff for the Pats, but I'm happy he has moved on to bigger things. What is he doing with Peter King?

SI gave Peter King a Grantland type thing, only it will be all football. Bedard is on of the writers he hired. I think he also hired Andrew Brandt to cover the business side of things

AGod is the best passer in football bar none. Better ball placement than Brees. Quicker release than Manning. Much more athletic than Brady. Strongest arm in the league (magically after coming out of Cal with a blah arm). Avoids turnovers better than any QB in history.

Only thing you can criticize him for is occasionally waiting too long for big plays.

Agree with all of this, especially the magic part. But he has been criticized for his leadership. Don't hear a lot about him running things like you do with Manning and Brady. Not all guys have that kind of personality, and I'm not too sure it matters much

That's true. If the O Line degrades at some point he will be punished for holding the ball too long. Wasn't he leading in being sacked last year? And still put up ludicrous numbers

Talon

That's true. If the O Line degrades at some point he will be punished for holding the ball too long. Wasn't he leading in being sacked last year? And still put up ludicrous numbers
A sack is better than a turnover, though, and it's not like Green Bay has trouble getting chunk plays.

I just don't see how losing Hernandez, who is (was?) a great player, but not an irreplaceable one, suddenly turns the Patriots into a 6 win team. I certainly don't think they'll win 13 or even 12 games, but they still have one of the best QBs in the league, one of the best offensive lines in the league, the best coach, and one of the most creative offensive coordinators.
I agree. People are overreacting but anyone who is familiar with the Pats knows that if there is one thing Belichick is good at it's using the players available to him to win consistently (especially in the regular season).

Also, I don't care what happens in the offseason, until the Pats actually go out and start losing a bunch of games they are the undisputed class of the AFC East. Winning in the offseason (go Dolphins, dream team 2013 baby!) means little to nothing once the start of the season rolls around, and the same can be said about losing in the offseason, especially when you're a team that has consistently dominated your division for the past decade or so like the Pats.

My prediction as of right now is 10 wins for the Pats and another AFC East title. I don't see them winning more than 11 games but I do see them winning a minimum of 9. Anything less than that requires way too much history-defying speculation.

Bedard was always great when he covered the Packers. Although having to cover the Pats was a step down I'm glad he was able to bounce back so quickly

Don't forget about this

AARON-RODGERS-FALL-DOWN_zpsdbaf1a42.gif

eznark

Banned
Holy shit that he is actually being arrested. Reading more of the reports, that he actually was probably there for the murder...Hernandez is fucked.

Talon

It's ironic that in their quest for an all digital future, this entire fiasco has seemingly done more harm in furthering that cause mainly due to how extraordinarily bad Microsoft's handling of their messaging has been.
Microsoft has fucked up messaging so badly over the past decade, they might as well hire the Ministry of Information guy from Baghdad.

It's ironic that in their quest for an all digital future, this entire fiasco has seemingly done more harm in furthering that cause mainly due to how extraordinarily bad Microsoft's handling of their messaging has been.

Historically bad messaging caused what could've been a positive for gamers (assuming that they'd make the minor adjustments which clearly were needed) into complete stagnation in the digital library space. A shame they couldnt get it right here.

I think it's ironic that MS is still probably fucked even though they made the right decision in scrapping this system.

squicken

SI.com obtained a Providence police report that detailed an incident in which police found a gun disposed under a car after a Jets fan confronted Hernandez at 2:26 a.m. on May 18 on Thayer Street in Providence. The report stated: "Brown Police observed a black male, heavy set wearing a stripped (sic) shirt, discard (sic) a firearm under a vehicle in front of the Karta Bar." There's no evidence the gun belonged to Hernandez.

In 2007, Gainesville police interviewed Hernandez about a shooting that took place late after Florida's 20-17 loss to Auburn. Hernandez was not considered a suspect in the case. His mother confirmed to the Orlando Sentinel that Hernandez and a friend from Connecticut were in a nightclub near where the shooting took place.

On Tuesday, the story emerged of a Hernandez's alleged involvement in a civil lawsuit. Alexander S. Bradley alleges that Hernandez shot him with a gun Hernandez illegally possessed, leading to Bradley losing the vision in his right eye. The alleged incident occurred on the way home from a strip club. "Hernandez shot him," said Bradley's lawyer David Jaroslawicz in a phone interview with SI.com. "It's either a negligence case or a deliberate shooting. We'll see if Hernandez wants to come in and raise his right hand and tell us what happened."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130620/aaron-hernandez-new-details/#ixzz2Wm85lFmk

lol Jets fans

I think it's ironic that MS is still probably fucked even though they made the right decision in scrapping this system.
Yep.

I said it before that if both of them didn't jump, then it wasn't happening. Sony completely surprised me at E3 in taking advantage of Microsoft's DRM strategy. After that, it was a given that Microsoft would reverse course but realistically, the DRM wasn't going to cause the long term issues the One has. That $100 price difference is the killer.

Luckily he's still more mobile than Favre was, the latter who was more than happy to get blown up on a frequent basis just so he'd have enough time to launch a bomb downfield.

Talon

Agree with all of this, especially the magic part. But he has been criticized for his leadership. Don't hear a lot about him running things like you do with Manning and Brady. Not all guys have that kind of personality, and I'm not too sure it matters much
Meh. I've become numb to those type of stories. There have been a few times when he's opened up about X's and O's, but he keeps a quiet profile. Just because it's not being (over) reported doesn't mean it's not happening. He commands the huddle, he makes adjustments. Basically, he does what every quarterback is supposed to do.

Seems like his teammates respect him, and that's enough for me as a casual observer.

Josh Freeman was watching film a week after his first season. So much dedication! Ton of good it did for him. Mike Vick got Michael Jenkins and Roddy together for passing sessions during the offseason in his second to last season in Atlanta. Again, ton of good it did for them.

squicken

Wesley Lowery ‏@WesleyLowery 6m
NO ARREST IMMINENT in murder investigation involving Aaron Hernandez. All other reports (currently) "absolutely untrue," per state police

This guy is the Boston Globe's political reporter fwiw

I got roasted for implying this last year.

Fantomex

He's not getting arrested. It was one of those no fact checking lets get the news out first reports. At least that's what the Boston Globe and Cnn are saying.

Top Bottom