• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Nori Chan

No wonder you need to take out your frustration on poor Little Brownies :p

They're not poor. They deserve everything that happens to them. Kave's depression everytime the browns lose keeps my teeth white and blackghost and his stupid teehees frustrate me. wes is wildcard and batman, well you cant insult batman with that awesome avi

the browns to me is what tom brady is to bionic. unlike him i didn't marry the enemy and have my son named after the person i hate the most. #noballs

squicken

Who wants to read a really good article about how the Vikings have changed their team mentality since the Childress era?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ough-draft-under-rick-spielman-leslie-frazier
The GM did allow that "we're expecting a step forward from Christian (Ponder)," but quickly added that he felt like the quarterback's growth in December sparked the team's surge: "I give him just as much credit for getting us in the playoffs as Adrian." Spielman added that it was made clear to new backup Matt Cassel, who's still just 30 and has quarterbacked 10- and 11-win teams in five seasons as a No. 1, that Ponder is the starter.

Good luck

They're not poor. They deserve everything that happens to them. Kave's depression everytime the browns lose keeps my teeth white and blackghost and his stupid teehees frustrate me. wes is wildcard and batman, well you cant insult batman with that awesome avi

the browns to me is what tom brady is to bionic. unlike him i didn't marry the enemy and have my son named after the person i hate the most. #noballs
Nori<3 so silly
tehe

Good luck

Trust me, I'm as skeptical about Ponder as a lot of people but in the last 4 games he really did step up.

This year is his chance to prove he can take a step forward. It is his last chance, given, but I wouldn't be surprised if he improved quite a bit this year.

You're my favorite Browns hater! <3

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Good luck

w3voF.jpg

I dunno, I've missed using this. Lack of Bears news is depressing.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I feel like :kas has expanded beyond Kastrioti and/or Lions-only posts, whereas :bfp is still exclusive to the Jets.

The thing about :bfp to me is when somebody says something so idiotic that its a buttfumble.

So whenever ari posts some racist garbage, we call that a :bfp.

squicken

Gil Brandt &#8207;@Gil_Brandt 2m
Love Kyle Long pick by @ChicagoBears. Was told by several people @nflcolts (24) and @Packers (26) would have taken him had Bears not.

Trust me, I'm as skeptical about Ponder as a lot of people but in the last 4 games he really did step up.

This year is his chance to prove he can take a step forward. It is his last chance, given, but I wouldn't be surprised if he improved quite a bit this year.

He can't change his primary problem, which is his weak arm. He has to put a lot of air under even his intermediate throws. Greg Cosell has a line about the short passing game and WCO concepts, which I agree with. At some point it is 3rd and 7 and the QB has to make a stick throw into a tight window. Having a weak arm makes that much more difficult

I do like the way they are building the team, and they really couldn't do anything there this offseason anyway, but it feels like he will ultimately hold back the offense

cdyhybrid

Vikes should tank for Teddy. They'd rule that division until AD retired or every single one of his joints spontaneously combusted due to HGH abuse.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Gil Brandt &#8207;@Gil_Brandt 2m
Love Kyle Long pick by @ChicagoBears. Was told by several people @nflcolts (24) and @Packers (26) would have taken him had Bears not.

Packers? Ehhhhh I'm not sure about that.

Are you sure he doesn't mean in the 2nd round?

squicken

Dog-on-a-jetski_large.gif
[/QUOTE]

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland...ss-than-one-week-after-being-drafted-1.395427

Armonty Bryant arrested for DUI. Same guy who sold weed at his practice field as was arrested. On two different occasions.

According to the report, Pool pulled Bryant over at 3:46 a.m. Friday
because Bryant made a left turn after failing to signal until his vehicle had come to a stop at a stop sign near East Central University’s Norris Field, where he became a Division II college football standout. Bryant initially told Pool he was driving a friend home from a party and had not been drinking, but he later “stated that he had a few drinks earlier in the evening,” according to the report.

A passenger in the vehicle with Bryant, Ashley Robison, was arrested and charged with public intoxication.

Bryant posted $500 bail and was released from the Pontotoc County Justice Center at 10:30 a.m. Friday.

On April 27, the Browns drafted Bryant in the seventh round (No. 217 overall) despite his baggage. Bryant was suspended for three games last season after being arrested in October for selling $20 of marijuana twice to an undercover officer, both times in an ECU parking lot, according to the News. Because the transactions came within 2,000 feet of a school, he was charged with a felony.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Vikes should tank for Teddy. They'd rule that division until AD retired or every single one of his joints spontaneously combusted due to HGH abuse.

The Vikings aren't exactly known historically for developing quarterbacks. They tend to get older veterans with the exception of Tarkenton (started in Minn and then eventually came back to Minn so he fits the older veteran part) and Culpepper. Oh and Tommy Kramer too but he was supposedly injured a lot.

Okay so Minnesota isn't known for developing quarterbacks in over a decade.

He can't change his primary problem, which is his weak arm. He has to put a lot of air under even his intermediate throws. Greg Cosell has a line about the short passing game and WCO concepts, which I agree with. At some point it is 3rd and 7 and the QB has to make a stick throw into a tight window. Having a weak arm makes that much more difficult

I do like the way they are building the team, and they really couldn't do anything there this offseason anyway, but it feels like he will ultimately hold back the offense
You got me curious so I looked up a highlight video of Ponder to see what his best throws were in terms of arm strength. As expected, the vast majority of them were lobbed touch passes, with more highlights of Ponder tucking and running than attempting to put some zip on it. The hardest throw I saw was probably this one:

ponder.gif

We play in the toughest division and have a rough schedule but you guys honestly believe we'll be bad enough to get the number 1 pick? jnc jnc jnc I expect us to be close to .500 with the potential to do better. Our defense would have to completely fall off a cliff. That said, I'm terrified we could lose D Wash with this crazy baby mama drama. We can't lose the best ILB in the league, we just can't :( I just bought his jersey last year and over Peterson's ffs.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
We play in the toughest division and have a rough schedule but you guys honestly believe we'll be bad enough to get the number 1 pick? jnc jnc jnc I expect us to be close to .500 with the potential to do better. Our defense would have to completely fall off a cliff. That said, I'm terrified we could lose D Wash with this crazy baby mama drama. We can't lose the best ILB in the league, we just can't :( I just bought his jersey last year and over Peterson's ffs.

:kas

If the Titans didn't play Jacksonville and the AFC West, I'd think differently.

NawidA

Banned
My guesses are the Titans, Cardinals, Buffalo, or Tampa Bay.....maybe the Chiefs or Jaguars.

Chiefs are a stretch because Andy Reid usually wins a number of games with questionable talent. Jacksonville is a hot mess in good division although they play the Titans twice.
Cardinals are my guess since Horton left and that D was everything. Though hey, maybe it will stick together, and Arians/Palmer will make some kind of offense happen and you'll have a decent team. I always like how any NFL season has unexpected success and failure.

I don't think we're getting first pick in the 2014 draft. It's just too obvious and I have a good feeling about Flynn and Hayden.

What's the QB situation like for the Cards right now? I haven't really seen anything about it since Kolb left.

Colasante

I can see the Jaguars, Raiders, and Cardinals being the teams most likely to pick #1 overall. Like always, it comes down to the quarterbacks. I like the way the Jaguars and Raiders are rebuilding, but there isn't enough talent on offense or defense for either team. My only problem with those two are that they play in weak divisions, so it's possible they can get some wins that way, while the Cardinals are in the toughest division so they may struggle the most.

What's the QB situation like for the Cards right now? I haven't really seen anything about it since Kolb left.

Carson Palmer, Drew Stanton, Brian Hoyer, and Ryan Lindley.

Idk I can't see the cardinals being number 1 pick bad, I think they'll be better then people expect. Maybe not playoff good but I just can't see them tanking that bad. Palmers no Blaine Gabbert.

Colasante

Idk I can't see the cardinals being number 1 pick bad, I think they'll be better then people expect. Maybe not playoff good but I just can't see them tanking that bad. Palmers no Blaine Gabbert.

Yeah, I could easily see the Cardinals being a 7 or 8 win team if things go well for them. They have done some smart things in the offseason, like drafting Cooper and restocking their running back corps, but going from Ray Horton to Todd Bowles could be a big downgrade, especially with Daryl Washington out at least 4 games and probably more. I don't see the Cardinals being the worst team in the league because they should have a half decent offense, but they do have a fairly tough schedule.

NawidA

Banned
Yeah but the Jags could always start Henne if he tanks and grab a few wins that way.

squicken

cmon man .500? I think you are better than a last place team, but your brutal schedule may get you. If you can stay within 20 of STL Week 1 then maybe things can go well the rest of the year

edit: Just saw this on Twitter. Washington was the first player since Bruce Smith to have 9 sacks and 100 tackles

http://www.pro-football-reference.c...pos_is_db=Y&draft_pos_is_k=Y&draft_pos_is_p=Y

That is a list of very good players

Raiders? Oakland is definitely in the Clowney race

I really don't think we are. We have a better roster with more depth and a better coaching staff than last year. I expect to win 6 games at least.

If Clowney or a franchise QB is consolation prize, I guess I can live with it tho.

cajunator

Banned

But...Manti Teo

see now how can you hate at this?
image.php

see now this you have to hate and ridicule doesn't it piss you off just by looking at it
image.php

yeah but you live in ohio. you have a reason to drink, it sucks there and you suck for living there greg

You cant hate the best girl in K-On. Its true.

Top Bottom