• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Tamanon

Banned
I think we need to have some sort of NFL-GAF alert system alerting folks which threads to stay out of.

I'm thinking an alert on the Penny Arcade cis/trans dustup is due. I can just feel that a batch of banhammers will be droppingthere.

squicken

When Vereen got knocked out by Pollard, I think the general vibe of the thread was "omg he got knocked out and fumbled!!". I remember Pats fans getting really upset by that, though it kind of seemed like false outrage like what that guy is doing in the OT thread. There's a point lost somewhere in his hyperbole

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt
Looks like Justin Smith got $600,000 extra this year and gave the 49ers two more years at reasonable, nonguaranteed salaries. Hmm.

Looks like Jed learned from Uncle Eddie about under the table payments

ChanHuk

Banned
I think we need to have some sort of NFL-GAF alert system alerting folks which threads to stay out of.

I'm thinking an alert on the Penny Arcade cis/trans dustup is due. I can just feel that a batch of banhammers will be droppingthere.

vXdKLhg.jpg

Bread

Banned
Hernandez is innocent
Obviously he didn't kill anyone. He was probably high as shit and he got paranoid about the feds watching him through his phone, security system, and kinect and just cut ties with them. And getting his house professionally cleaned? Paranoid about germs.

Dude was just high as shit, you guys should be jailed for spreading this shit about such a stand up guy.

JABEE

The moral of this story is to trust Squicken. He is the truth when it comes to things like this.

Hernandez is guilty as fuck.

Milchjon

The moral of this story is to trust Squicken. He is the truth when it comes to things like this.

Hernandez is guilty as fuck.

Jumping to conclusions, reminding everyone that you "called it", and expect everyone to forget about it if it turns out to be incorrect has always been a valid strategy.

And I'm not even being sarcastic here.

When Vereen got knocked out by Pollard, I think the general vibe of the thread was "omg he got knocked out and fumbled!!". I remember Pats fans getting really upset by that, though it kind of seemed like false outrage like what that guy is doing in the OT thread. There's a point lost somewhere in his hyperbole

Looks like Jed learned from Uncle Eddie about under the table payments

Yep!

JABEE

Jumping to conclusions, reminding everyone that you "called it", and expect everyone to forget about it if it turns out to be incorrect has always been a valid strategy.

And I'm not even being sarcastic here.

I'm holding Squicken to it. That's why I'm reminding everyone.

What is with all of the crying about Pats hate in the OT thread?

Pats fans were just getting pissy about it because they knew the game was over by that point.

What is with all of the crying about Pats hate in the OT thread?

Haven't gone in the thread since the first page but my guess is that mstsdc is in there.

Bread

Banned
everybody is just jealous of the Pats
Well of course, that goes without saying. No other team can say they've won 3 titles in the past 15 years, especially in such a noble way. They defeated villains like the Steelers and Eagles on their way to victory, all of America wishes their favorite team could say the same.

Talon

The feud between Warren Sapp and Michael Strahan took a fresh turn when the Hall of Fame defensive tackle of the Buccaneers said Strahan wasn't even close to former Tampa Bay teammate Simeon Rice as a pass-rusher, writes Ira Kaufman of the Tampa Tribune.

"Nobody ever talks about Simeon,'' said Sapp, who played three seasons with Rice in Tampa and saw the right defensive end average 14 sacks between 2001-03. "Simeon was a better rusher than Michael Strahan any day of the week and twice on Sunday.'' Sapp also said Strahan's 15-year career with the New York Giants didn't take off until he was moved from right end to the left side, where he faced less-talented offensive tackles.
:jnc :jnc :jnc

Simeon was better at being hated by everyone in the league, maybe. Reid dismissed him from the Pro Bowl for being a cock.

Also, Strahan didn't get to play next to the best 4-3 under tackle of his era.

Fantomex

Man, these Patriots are really messing up our upstanding Afc East. Maybe they can be moved to another division where they can cause less pr harm.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Is it wrong that I enjoy NFL Countdown with Keyshawn, Berman, Ditka and the other losers more than any other NFL coverage?

I am being shunned by people over here for having it as part of my Sunday morning ritual.

Talon

I'll say this last thing about the class of first year starters last year.

When Merriman and Gates exploded onto the scene, everyone took it as a given that Merriman would challenge Strahan's sack record at some point and that Gates would quickly surpass all TE records.

Merriman's all but washed out of the league and Gates hasn't eclipsed 65 passes or started a full season in three years.

Bread

Banned
Is it wrong that I enjoy NFL Countdown with Keyshawn, Berman, Ditka and the other losers more than any other NFL coverage?

I am being shunned by people over here for having it as part of my Sunday morning ritual.
anything with berman is automatically the worst thing on television, so yes it is wrong.

Hell no! It's the only coverage I watch on Sundays games. I think it's the best one.

Talon

CBS: Chucklefest with botox city and one depressed host.
Fox: Chucklefest with a seriously brain damaged ex-player and Terry Bradshaw.
NFL Network: Chucklefest with Rich Eisen and two illiterate ex-players.
ESPN: Chucklefest with a somber Tom Jackson, a gassy old man and Mike Ditka.

Fantomex

CBS: Chucklefest with botox city and one depressed host.
Fox: Chucklefest with a seriously brain damaged ex-player and Terry Bradshaw.
NFL Network: Chucklefest with Rich Eisen and two illiterate ex-players.
ESPN: Chucklefest with a somber Tom Jackson, a gassy old man and Mike Ditka.

I wish they would bring Tom Jackson to NFL Network. I actually like his input. I also like Darren Sharper for some reason.

squicken

I'll say this last thing about the class of first year starters last year.

When Merriman and Gates exploded onto the scene, everyone took it as a given that Merriman would challenge Strahan's sack record at some point and that Gates would quickly surpass all TE records.

Merriman's all but washed out of the league and Gates hasn't eclipsed 65 passes or started a full season in three years.

Injuries hit QBs less than any position (besides kickers), which is what did those guys in. Well, Merriman was all roids anyway, but the league clearly isn't going to ever suspend a QB for that crap if Brees and Rodgers have made it this far in their careers

squicken

EviLore owns the forum, and he has turned it into a business that provides him a comfortable lifestyle. Good for him, really. But saying that there are record posts and new members doesn't really make me more interested in slogging through the big threads on the gaming side. Every first page is people trying to be clever, some old meme, or a talking point. I don't know what's on the second page b/c I can't make it that far

Top Bottom