• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Milchjon

I am such a nerd. lol

idiot-nerd-girl-meme-generator-i-m-such-a-nerd-lol-what-s-a-water-temple-bb87b2.jpg

Your love for the Dreamcast is commendable, though. Still the one.

Set up my personal room with all my old action figures. I am such a nerd. lol

Did fire up my Dreamcast though and damn that shit is still awesome!

I got a Dreamcast for Christmas once. The controller didnt work so I couldnt play anything until the stores opened again to buy a new one.

squicken

Bleacher Report Warning

What does Cincinnati need to do to improve on 2012?

strpowin_originalwgsd0.jpg

3rddown_originalbgsen.jpg

no1wr_original3fs7b.jpg

3qb_originalfhsuv.jpg

Maybe it’s fitting the Bengals have lost in the AFC Wild Card the last two seasons to the Texans. When they look in the mirror, they can see themselves in Houston. Throw in the Detroit Lions, and you have a NFL product that comes in three sizes: small (Lions), medium (Bengals) and large (Texans).

The Texans come in large since they have won playoff games and are 4-0 against Detroit and Cincinnati since 2011. Yet these three teams share many of the same problems that prevent them from reaching the upper tiers:

-They struggle to beat good teams. Part of this stems from a lack of great quarterback play and a suspect job from the head coach.

- They use an archaic offensive philosophy of having one dominant wide receiver. This no longer works well in the NFL, regardless of how great A.J. Green, Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson are.

-Their best defender is a defensive lineman who still needs more help around him. Geno Atkins, Ndamukong Suh and J.J. Watt cannot do it alone.

bionic77

Guys. I think I fell in love with this secretary. How do I creep on her?
What I would do is borrow your dad's BMW and ask her if she wants to go for a drive.

The German engineering will take care of the rest!

I am married but I have noticed that my Japanese cars don't get the same level of excitement in a woman.

If you have the car or money then rely on your good looks or amazing body. If you are as ugly as the average Patriots fan then all you have left is alcohol and your personality.

Milchjon

When I fired it up I played a round of Powesrtsone 2, Tech Romancer, Chu Chu Rocket, Crazy Taxi and Heavy Metal Geomatrix. While going through my 100+ games I found some still shrink wrapped and some I didn't even realize I owned.

Power Stone was amazing. Spent way too much time on it with my friends.

When I fired it up I played a round of Powesrtsone 2, Tech Romancer, Chu Chu Rocket, Crazy Taxi and Heavy Metal Geomatrix. While going through my 100+ games I found some still shrink wrapped and some I didn't even realize I owned.
100+ DC games?!

That's more impressive than the Texans' record against the Dolphins!

Also, Power Stone 2 is awesome.

Lunchbox

Banned
Random question:

To all of you non-Canadians who play/played sports.

After the games were over did you do the lineup and shake hands thing you see in hockey?

I've been doing that my whole life and just realized it may not be something everyone does.
no

we weren't girls

Spades

So many damn classics on that console, including my all-time favourite game - Phantasy Star Online. It was also my first real online game, shortly followed by my free copy of Chu Chu Rocket.

Gaming back then was so much fun.

Random question:

To all of you non-Canadians who play/played sports.

After the games were over did you do the lineup and shake hands thing you see in hockey?

I've been doing that my whole life and just realized it may not be something everyone does.

In football we did before and after a game.

Track and Field was the Wild West. You could do whatever the hell you wanted, it was awesome.

exarkun

I always feel bad for not posting much during this part of the year in nfl-gaf, but there literally is nothing going on in the world of football. The season needs to be longer.

Pimpwerx

Dolphins fans get hyped!

@OmarKelly 22m
Brian Hartline said his goal will always "be a 1,000 yards receiver. Obviously I want to make more touchdowns for the team."

‏@OmarKelly 18m
"Tanny is a competitive guy. People didn't notice how much he improved during the year," Hartline said."He's really just taken a huge step."

@OmarKelly 15m
"I couldn't ask for more. He's making every throw. His deep ball is awesome...he's got great touch," Brian Hartline said of Ryan Tannehill
I'm getting my hopes up again. :D Tannehill Future sounding good. I was not that impressed with his deep ball last year. He has enough strength to get it down the field, but his touch was off. He overthrew some guys early, but seemed to get better control later in the season. If he's improved a lot in that area, then great. I think his accuracy was underrated last season because he was fitting the ball into some really tight windows with our weak receiving corp.

Maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I see a nice little playoff run in the plans for this team. PEACE.

effzee

I always feel bad for not posting much during this part of the year in nfl-gaf, but there literally is nothing going on in the world of football. The season needs to be longer.

Same here but outside of made up controversies and reports from OTAs, there isn't much to talk about.

First few weeks with new coach hirings, combine, and draft tons of juicy stuff.

With the NBA finals over and nothing happening in sports until pre-season I plan all my other non sports activities, like paying attention to the wife, around this time of the year.

BTW any of you losers been to Greece? Heading out this Friday. Any tips or things to avoid?

effzee

Tell them Germans aren't that bad :-(

But I don't know that.

BTW the wife just realized her passport was expired. Called the agency and they claim you have to make an appointment and the next available is July 8th. We leave this Friday. Next available at the closest passport agency is in Connecticut on Thursday.

She goes to the agency here in NYC anyway, thanks to some yelp tips, super early in the morning (@ 6am) and they let her in, process the paperwork, and her passport will be ready by tomorrow.

Very frustrating rage inducing situation yet a surprisingly easy solution.

Dolphins fans get hyped!

I'm getting my hopes up again. :D Tannehill Future sounding good. I was not that impressed with his deep ball last year. He has enough strength to get it down the field, but his touch was off. He overthrew some guys early, but seemed to get better control later in the season. If he's improved a lot in that area, then great. I think his accuracy was underrated last season because he was fitting the ball into some really tight windows with our weak receiving corp.

Maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I see a nice little playoff run in the plans for this team. PEACE.
The potential is definitely there, and Hartline is right about Tannehill showing signs of improvement over last year's season. I hope he takes the next step, I really do.

squicken

Dear gaben, should I get my hopes?!

예측하지 못한 결과에 대비하라

Top Bottom