• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Patriots made the right move. It's sad to see, Hernandez is such a talented athlete, why throw your life away?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Can anyone summarize or point me to an article that breaks down exactly what has happened in this case that makes Hernandez a part of this?

Expect the worse, of course based on what has been revealed so far. It's incredible how these athletes continue to make the same mistakes over and over again. How can they continue to be oblivious to everything that has come before them? It's sad that they're given a gift like this and squander it based on stupid decisions and stupid individuals that they hang out with.

Tom Penny

Can anyone summarize or point me to an article that breaks down exactly what has happened in this case that makes Hernandez a part of this?

1) Someone he knows was murdered and he was seen with him that day
2) His rental car was found near the scene...and the body was a mile away from his house
3) He proceeded to then smash his cell phone, security system and then called in cleaners to scrub his whole house the next day
4) Spotted by neighbors entering his house shortly after gunshots etc..

All coincidence !!!

It's a trap.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm actually shocked they cut Hernandez, thought they'd keep him on an obstruction charge, since that most likely would've been time served. Wonder if it's going to be more than obstruction then....too bad the warrants are sealed.

Lunchbox

Banned
OZzbtLz.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
Hernandez will be arraigned at 2 PM today. They should make the charges public then. Maybe bump it up to Conspiracy to Commt Murder?

Lunchbox

Banned
More like best. Hopefully an asteroid hits Boston
history will remember us as martyrs to get unfairly prosecuted and still come out to dominate the league

filthy war criminals and dog rapists like ray lewis, rothlisburger, vick and kaepernicks of this world can walk free because they play in small market teams, but our players get thrown the book without any proof to make an example off because of our higher profile

The sting in he keester!

My tears are bitter and salty. I just hope the asteroid that hits Boston is small enough to have negligible effect on my area. If not, well I guess it is worth my sacrifice

We beat your ass and slapped the fuck out of the Lambs and they aint been right since.

Proof that walking the righteous path in the NFL holds no rewards, only a decade of darkness

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
My tears are bitter and salty. I just hope the asteroid that hits Boston is small enough to have negligible effect on my area. If not, well I guess it is worth my sacrifice

Proof that walking the righteous path in the NFL holds no rewards, only a decade of darkness

You should have said asteroid up your own ass then I would have laughed initially!

history will remember us as martyrs to get unfairly prosecuted an still come out to dominate the league

filthy war criminals and dog rapists like ray lewis, rothlisburger, vick and kaepernicks of this world can walk free because they play in small market teams, but our players get thrown the book without any proof to make example off because of our higher profile

628x471.jpg

suck down his clam chowdah you racist ass boston biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

Hey, Cheatin' Chip apologized to Oregon.

“Now that the NCAA has concluded their investigation and penalized the University of Oregon and its football program, I want to apologize to the University of Oregon, all of its current and former players and their fans. I accept my share of responsibility for the actions that led to the penalties.

“As I have I stated before, the NCAA investigation and subsequent ruling had no impact on my decision to leave Oregon for Philadelphia. I have also maintained throughout that I had every intention to cooperate with the NCAA’s investigation, which I did.

“I do expect the University of Oregon and its football program to continue to thrive at a high level. They are a talented and resilient group of coaches and players and I’m sure they will attempt to put today’s news behind them very quickly and move forward as they prepare for the 2013 season.”

Sure it didn't, Chip. Sure it didn't.

So. does Hernandez go on waivers now? Not keen on how offseason cuts work. Could anyone take a stab at him for the 1.2 mil or whatever he is owed? If for nothing else, maybe to stop him from potentially rejoining NE?

So. does Hernandez go on waivers now? Not keen on how offseason cuts work. Could anyone take a stab at him for the 1.2 mil or whatever he is owed? If for nothing else, maybe to stop him from potentially rejoining NE?

i think if someone picks him up on waivers then they are on the hook for his salary but i'm not sure if they would be on the hook for any of the guaranteed money. i can't imagine anyone would pick him up though

I don't think anyone is gonna touch him right now. He's gonna be suspended and will be a beggar if and when he comes back to the league. Maybe then some team will give him a one year deal with nothing guaranteed.

BigAT

Yes, he's on waivers now.

Patriots have absolutely nothing to gain by cutting him and are losing quite a bit, even if he re-signed with them. Hernandez is like $13.5M in dead money for their salary cap over the next two years, which is there regardless of if he were to make it through waivers and rejoin the team as a free agent.

Top Bottom