• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Greg

C9LHJ.jpg
:)

mr2xxx

Banned
Another two surgeries? Got damn, his infections got infections. Pretty soon his arm is gonna look like one of those Russian Krokidile junkies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You just known that Gronk probably isn't doing some sort of clean living to help the infection clear up.

All that partying isn't exactly good for the recovery process.

Godslay

Banned
Apparently I may have a chance to meet Orlando Franklin. He's the god father of one of my cousin's kids. My cousin found out I'm a football fan and says next time he's in town she'll introduce me.

Nice! He's a Toronto native iirc. Introduce him to Gaf, so he can see his own face in action.

I LOVE THIS. I am now using this. PFM!

It originated as Peyton 'Freaking' Manning, because it was used on the radio. But the other version works as well.

Started to unbutton the sleeves and top button. Didn't make it all the way down.

I should know by next week on their decision. The interview seem to have went well.

Whenever I think I do well I end up not getting it. When I feel like I tanked I end up surprised and get it. Hoping you have better luck, in this case, of course.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Don't you go to Lambeau more often than the Cleveland Browns stadium?

No no, I'm going to Lambeau this year for the first time. But at the same time I've never seen a Browns game in person yet.

I've been to terrible Ralph Wilson stadium once though and to whatever Detroit's stadium is called.

No no, I'm going to Lambeau this year for the first time. But at the same time I've never seen a Browns game in person yet.

I've been to terrible Ralph Wilson stadium once though and to whatever Detroit's stadium is called.

Browns GAF needs to meet up for a game! Let's do this guys :D

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Whenever I think I do well I end up not getting it. When I feel like I tanked I end up surprised and get it. Hoping you have better luck, in this case, of course.

Haha this is so true.

I attribute it to the interviewers being more critical of the person that they're actually considering whereas when they are just going through the motions they have a good time with it.

My advice is also to continue to applying to everything you can while you're waiting to hear back. Never put all your eggs in one basket.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So while BG had his terrible run as fake king of Browns-GAF we had our 7th round pick Armonty Bryant charged with a DUI. Since Wes has returned Armonty has already apologized for what he's done and vows to pretty much lock himself indoors and just play video games.

squicken

So while BG had his terrible run as fake king of Browns-GAF we had our 7th round pick Armonty Bryant charged with a DUI. Since Wes has returned Armonty has already apologized for what he's done and vows to pretty much lock himself indoors and just play video games.

Long live The King!

JABEE

Wes is a man of diplomacy. He is welcomed by the Eagles brotherhood.

Alligator I know you aren't a fair-weather fan. You just hate the snow and root for a team 1000 miles from where you live that has had tremendous success over the past 12 years.

You are a good Patriots fan though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
New Niners' stadium will be called Levi's Stadium.

Yep. Levi's wins naming rights agreement for Niners new stadium.

One of San Francisco’s most widely recognized companies, the clothing outfit Levi Strauss & Co., will pay $220 million over the next two decades to put its name on the San Francisco 49ers’ new stadium in Santa Clara.

The naming rights agreement — which will help the Niners pay for their $1.2 billion stadium, scheduled to open for the 2014 season — was announced Wednesday in a statement by team and company execs.

The 68,500-seat venue will be called Levi’s Stadium.

“Levi’s Stadium will connect two iconic Bay Area brands that share similar values, a rich heritage and a pioneering spirit,’’ said Chip Bergh, CEO of Levi Strauss.

Bergh called the deal a “chance for us to engage with sports and music fans across the Bay Area and around the world.”

Team CEO Jed York noted that 49ers — as in the mining kind — have “worn Levi jeans since the Gold Rush era.’’ He called the company “the perfect partner.’’

San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee also weighed in, saying, “It is very fitting to see two of the Bay Area’s best-known brands coming together to showcase the best our region has to offer.’’

The announcement comes as the Bay Area Super Bowl Committee formally submits its bid to host the Super Bowl, either in 2016 or 2017, at the new Santa Clara stadium.

The naming rights deal is the last of four major pieces needed to finance the stadium — with luxury boxes, seat licenses and other corporate sponsorships helping to cover the tab.

The selection of an old-line San Francisco apparel brand over a Silicon Valley company is a bit of a surprise, given the emphasis the team has placed on making its new stadium state-of-the-art.

The deal is considerably less than the $330 million that the Niners were hoping to snag from a naming rights deal just a few months back. It’s also well below the $450 million that Met Life paid in 2011 to put its name on the new home in of the New York Giants and Jets in New Jersey for 25 years.

On the other hand, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, who opened Cowboys Stadium in 2009, is still holding out for bigger moniker money than he’s been offered so far.

And as long as we’re making comparisons, it’s worth noting that the San Francisco Giants are locked into a $50 million, 24-year contract with AT&T for their waterfront ballpark.

As for Levi’s, it had been rumored to be interested in the 49ers naming rights deal for a couple of months. As Chronicle business columnist Andrew S. Ross noted in March, the company can probably afford it — having posted $4.6 billion in revenue in 2012.

Levi's Stadium, your likely host for Super Bowl 50!

Top Bottom