• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Gators can't be king.

Plus you post more in the funny pics thread than here. I question your loyalty (even though we all know Pats fans will disappear the second Brady retires).

MALLETT! MALLETT! MALLETT!

Sanjuro is always drunk or something.

I crown myself King of the Patriots.

You're too small to bow down to.

Anybody ever tell you how brilliant you are? Because you are.

If you find him brilliant, he has a problem :(

Americans don't even know shit about kings.

The Dutch know about kings:

Germans know about kings

E-U! E-U! E-U!

Sanjuro it is

Your German king isn't even a real king. The Dutch know real kings.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Americans don't even know shit about kings.

The Dutch know about kings:

img_606X341_3004-newsplus-netherlands-new-kings.jpg

Germans know about kings:

Juergen_Drews_fitwidth_420.jpg

E-U! E-U! E-U!

Sanjuro it is

I thought this was the current king of Germany?

TPsZnWa.jpg

(I honestly have no idea what the old deposed royal houses do!)

Milchjon

Our kings song got pulled, I think. I never even really listened to it.

Also, I didn't even know you guys still had a royal family. Ours is still somewhat socially involved, but has very little to do with the actuall government anymore.

We don't. I had to google the guy wienke posted.

What are the best NFL-GAF player memes? I feel like NFL-GAF hasn't made a good one in awhile.

Fat Josh Freeman
Lady Brady
Ben Rothelisberger (Gray Ghost)

Nightz

Ronde Barber is retiring.

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 18m

Just got off the phone w Ronde Barber who told me he is officially retiring. "I've had a better run than I ever could've dreamed of having.

squicken

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/08/facing-eight-in-the-box/

PFF has an item up on which backs had the most rushes against 8 man fronts.

Khaled Elsayed ‏@PFF_Khaled
For those asking Frank Gore faced 8 men in the box 37.8% of time with Smith starter, 46.6% of time with Kaepernick starting

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF
Big reason Gore faced so many 8 in the boxes? 53.5% of rushing snaps with 1 or fewer receiver split out wide. Most in league

Joe Staley ‏@jstaley74
@PFF good thing we got away from the running game with all those 8 man fronts ha! We laugh at 8 man fronts

cdyhybrid

For those asking Frank Gore faced 8 men in the box 37.8% of time with Smith starter, 46.6% of time with Kaepernick starting

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF
Big reason Gore faced so many 8 in the boxes? 53.5% of rushing snaps with 1 or fewer receiver split out wide. Most in league

Joe Staley ‏@jstaley74
@PFF good thing we got away from the running game with all those 8 man fronts ha! We laugh at 8 man fronts

Surprised to see Beast Mode so far down the list. Our receivers were better than SFs, but Zach Miller was a much smaller part (until the playoffs anyway) of our offense compared to VD. And Russell and Kaep both kinda caught fire at around the same time.

squicken

Surprised to see Beast Mode so far down the list. Our receivers were better than SFs, but Zach Miller was a much smaller part (until the playoffs anyway) of our offense compared to VD. And Russell and Kaep both kinda caught fire at around the same time.

Supposedly SF is going to open up their passing game a bit. I think with their WRs and Alex, they had a team designed around Gore and that OL. Even with Kap, they couldn't completely overhaul the offense during the season. The stat is a little misleading unless given more context about offensive formation. Dunno how much SEA used heavy sets

Not surprised to see SJAX around the league average. There's been this national media sentiment that he'll finally go to a team where he won't be the focal point of opposing defenses. He's long since been a player teams feared. The Rams ran the ball on third and short about as infrequently as the Falcons did

http://www.pro-football-reference.c...in=&margin_max=&order_by=yards#tm_offense::14

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF

Joe Staley ‏@jstaley74

lmao at greene being #2 and powell at #4.

shows what everybody thought of sanchez.

squicken

Dog-on-a-jetski_large.gif

Several team officials are saying they believe it may be extremely difficult for Haslam to keep the Browns,
because he may be ensnared by a myriad of lawsuits and legal actions that could drain his finances and prevent him from keeping the club.

“This is more worrisome than people know,” said one team official who has familiarized himself with Haslam's situation.

The FBI has been probing Haslam's truck-stop company, Pilot Flying J, and has alleged massive impropriety.

NFL sources say they are concerned about the long-term viability of the Browns under Haslam's control and believe it may be only a matter of time before Haslam is forced to sell the Browns.

The reason: lawsuits. Several have already been filed. If Haslam can win them, then his future as Browns owner is more on solid footing. But if there are massive financial settlements or legal losses, it would prove problematic for Haslam.

The NFL is also concerned what the FBI investigation will do to Haslam's cash flow. There is fear it could be dramatically injured and that could hurt what Haslam spends on the Browns, again forcing him to sell.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/m...ral-probe-could-drain-haslam-undermine-browns

lmao at greene being #2 and powell at #4.

shows what everybody thought of sanchez.

Ground and Pound baby!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ha!

I was just about to make a move the Browns to LA so they can win a Super Bowl joke!

Serious question:

If in some bizarro world the Browns were moved to LA would us non Cleveland people (me, Wes and 90% of Browns-GAF) be allowed to squicken to another team without people shitting on us or do we have to be loyal to the new LA team?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Serious question:

If in some bizarro world the Browns were moved to LA would us non Cleveland people (me, Wes and 90% of Browns-GAF) be allowed to squicken to another team without people shitting on us or do we have to be loyal to the new LA team?

Typically when a team moves you get to squicken and then hate your old "new" team. Browns fans hate the Ravens for a reason just like people from Seattle hate the Thunder.

Top Bottom