• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Tamanon

Banned
I think the Jags could be a playoff team in a couple of years

Short term, 2013 will be a tough year for JAX. And long term, they will be stuck in a division with Andrew Luck. But they could also get Bridgewater next year, and I think they've really upgraded both coaching and GM. It also seems like Kahn is out of the way as far as player personnel, though his son and his PFF account is something to worry about

I have no fear whatsoever of Andrew Luck. We'll see how the next two years roll out for the Jags.

Fox318

pTdYxQC.gif

Reminder that no sports team has hired Timmy. Maybe he should start looking into different work.

Former Detroit Lions wide receiver Titus Young pleaded not guilty in an Orange County, Calif., court Tuesday to three felony charges and five misdemeanor charges, a spokesperson for the district attorney's office told Yahoo! Sports. He was still being held on a $25,000 bail as of Tuesday evening. Six of the eight charges stemmed from an incident last Friday in which Young allegedly broke into a home in San Clemente and then fought with police as they apprehended him.

Titus Young had 33 receptions and four touchdowns for Detroit in 2012. (Getty)
However, two felony charges were added as a result of Young allegedly later being caught on video stealing water, candy and cigars from a gas station convenience store in Laguna Hills on May 4, according to the court filings. The Laguna Hills incident was earlier reported by The Detroit News.
All of that comes on top of Young being arrested twice on May 5 in Moreno Valley. The first was for suspicion of driving under the influence. The other was for Young allegedly breaking into a tow yard where his car had been taken. Young has been cited, but has yet to be charged by authorities there.
Young was a second-round pick by the Lions in 2011. He was cut at the end of last season after continued erratic behavior. That included punching teammate Louis Delmas during an offseason practice last year and intentionally lining up in the wrong spot during a game late in the season.
After Young was cut by Detroit, the St. Louis Rams claimed him on waivers. However, the Rams cut him only 10 days later. Team sources have indicated that Young's behavior continued to be erratic.
On Tuesday, Young's father Richard said his son was suffering mental issues which are the aftereffects of a concussion he suffered while playing for Detroit. Young has never been reported to have a concussion in his career and the Lions declined to comment on the situation.
"He had a concussion," Richard Young said. "He got hurt. He got to get fixed."
The elder Young said his son has been in a mental institution this offseason and was planning to undergo further evaluation. In addition, his son has been taking medication for mental disorders, including bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.

"and the fix is suing the NFL for not telling him that concussions are bad!"

I think you're conflating '09, which was a statistically good defense with no CB depth that got completely demolished by good QBs, with '10, which was a great defense despite a myriad of injuries.
I'm just seeing not very many good QBs playing the Packers in either 2009 or 2010*.
You can say oh look at points, well no shit, look at who they were playing.

Whenever they played an average-to-good QB/offense, though, they were pretty pedestrian.
As I said, the Giants game confuses me. Eli threw some shitty balls that I'm pretty sure Nick Collins picked off and the Packers cashed in with touchdowns. Also, if you'll remember, they let the Giants back into that game.

So I don't know, I think they were average to above average, but maybe that's all you need to be.

But yes Jenkins and Collins were key players.

Jenkins opened things up for Clay and Walden.
Collins opened things up for Woodson and Williams.

* Except when Warner went God mode on them in the Wild Card.

Godslay

Banned
pTdYxQC.gif

THIS POST HAS BEEN REDACTED FOR THE PROTECTION OF FOX318'S ETERNAL SOUL

"He's a winner at life, and as long as you're a good guy and have all your morals in the right spot, good things will happen, and I think that'll go well for Tim, he has a lot of great things in store for him." - Von Miller

I'm just seeing not very many good QBs playing the Packers in either 2009 or 2010*.
You can say oh look at points, well no shit, look at who they were playing.

Whenever they played an average-to-good QB/offense, though, they were pretty pedestrian.
As I said, the Giants game confuses me. Eli threw some shitty balls that I'm pretty sure Nick Collins picked off and the Packers cashed in with touchdowns. Also, if you'll remember, they let the Giants back into that game.

So I don't know, I think they were average to above average, but maybe that's all you need to be.

But yes Jenkins and Collins were key players.

Jenkins opened things up for Clay and Walden.
Collins opened things up for Woodson and Williams.

* Except when Warner went God mode on them in the Wild Card.
Bolded for WTF. The final score was 45-17.

The '10 defense was the strength of the team. The offense was good, but not great. The defense was great. Don't insult them by comparing them to '09 or (god forbid) '11.

Compare what Ben did to the '09 defense (hint: about 8 billion yards passing) VS what he did to the '10 defense in the Super Bowl. Likewise with Brent. It wasn't just Warner in '09, it was a theme that year.

Or: just go back and watch the games. Battle of First Minnesota 2010 is pretty exciting, I highly recommend it!

Bolded for WTF. The final score was 45-17.
It was 14-0, then 14-14 in a blink of the eye.

It's not even a question that the D was better than the O in 2010 I'm just saying it's not like they were worldbeaters.
It was a down year, they took advantage, and good on them for it.

In the Super Bowl, the offense played well and the D helped them to build a huge lead.

bionic77

So Iron Man 3 was really freaking good.
Pepper is so goddamned cute.
People are telling me it is the best of the series.

It is pretty damn rare that the 3rd movie is the best. Usually the 2nd is the best and the 3rd is the weakest. In Iron Man that appears to have happened in reverse.

I am more psyched about Star Trek though. I will probably wait for Iron Man on Blu Ray.

People are telling me it is the best of the series.

It is pretty damn rare that the 3rd movie is the best. Usually the 2nd is the best and the 3rd is the weakest. In Iron Man that appears to have happened in reverse.

I am more psyched about Star Trek though. I will probably wait for Iron Man on Blu Ray.

IM2 was fucking terrible. I really liked 3 I would put it just slightly below the 1st movie. I am so excited for Star Trek. I got to see 10 mins of it in Imax before the Hobbit and it looks like it is going to be even better then ST09.

bionic77

Gwyneth Paltrow is so goddnamned cute?
Sexiest woman today!

:lol

Never found her sexy at all. She is good looking, but cute is the correct way to describe her, not sexy.

IM2 was fucking terrible. I really liked 3 I would put it just slightly below the 1st movie. I am so excited for Star Trek. I got to see 10 mins of it in Imax before the Hobbit and it looks like it is going to be even better then ST09.
I have comic book movie fatigue. I can wait for blu ray for Superman and Iron Man.

Star Trek is the summer movie I am most excited for.

Also I refuse to see the Hobbit. It is inconceivable to me that they made that into a trilogy.

I have comic book movie fatigue. I can wait for blu ray for Superman and Iron Man.

Star Trek is the summer movie I am most excited for.

Also I refuse to see the Hobbit. It is inconceivable to me that they made that into a trilogy.

But they really didnt make the Hobbit a trilogy. They added stuff from the appendices, stuff from other books, and stuff that Jackson made up to fill in some of the gaps. It wasnt as good as the LotR movies but it was really good.

squicken

Has anyone who ever worked with, lived with, or given birth to Kobe Bryant actually liked him? Hard to argue with his success, but the dude seems like an all time asshole

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Has anyone who ever worked with, lived with, or given birth to Kobe Bryant actually liked him? Hard to argue with his success, but the dude seems like an all time asshole

It's that killer instinct that MJ had and Lebron lacks. MJ is known to be a horrible person but that translated well to his game.

squicken

Well I imagine those guys at least had moms who liked them, but I agree with you guys to a point. People love Brady and Montana and Elway and Barry Sanders. I don't think you have to be an asshole to win

edit: Maybe that's a football thing. In basketball, since one player controls so much of the game, leadership doesn't really matter. A great NFL player can't alienate his whole team

bionic77

But they really didnt make the Hobbit a trilogy. They added stuff from the appendices, stuff from other books, and stuff that Jackson made up to fill in some of the gaps. It wasnt as good as the LotR movies but it was really good.
The idea still kind of repulses me. The first trilogy was a labor of love by Jackson and it shows. Even though I did not agree with all of his choices I still thought he did a brilliant job and I am still shocked at how well he was able to recreate that world for a movie.

But the Hobbit is just a pure cash grab. Even with the extra shit like the stuff with the 5 wizards taking on Sauron it should be 2 movies max.

I have not seen it yet, and maybe I will find it good, but I still don't like the thought process behind it.

It's that killer instinct that MJ had and Lebron lacks. MJ is known to be a horrible person but that translated well to his game.
Life rewards winners not nice people. Sucks but tis the truth!

Ben gets away with raping fat girls. Rodgers gets away with KOing old bitches. MJ gets away with wearing leather suits. Tiger gets away with being a dick and a whore. As long as they keep winning people will forgive them.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Well I imagine those guys at least had moms who liked them, but I agree with you guys to a point. People love Brady and Montana and Elway and Barry Sanders. I don't think you have to be an asshole to win

Of those guys, only Montana led his team to legit championships. It's harder to be a total dick in football and win because there are too many people on a team. In basketball, one guy can be so much more talented than his team mates that everyone has to defer.

bionic77

Well, let's face it. Not everybody can be an all around awesome dude like Ben Roethlisberger!
The only person who was able to be a winner and great person off the field was Tim Tebow.

And the world was not ready for his greatness.

But that is what hell is for. Tebow haters and Pat fans.

Colasante

The only person who was able to be a winner and great person off the field was Tim Tebow.

Tim Tebow was a pretender. Russell Wilson is the prince that was promised. He's going to win a Super Bowl before he becomes a senator and receives all of the accolades that were once going to go to Tebow.

That's how the story goes, Tebow had to die for our sins. Though he also went to hell....the Jets.

bionic77

Tim Tebow was a pretender. Russell Wilson is the prince that was promised. He's going to win a Super Bowl before he becomes a senator and receives all of the accolades that were once going to go to Tebow.
Wilson might win some Superbowls but he is not the perfect human being that Tebow is.

Just look at his psycho girlfriend. Also he is really short and no one would pay money to see him run through the rain.

squicken

I like Russ and he is a good dude, but he is no Tebow.

Top Bottom