• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Tamanon

Banned
They are kind of a QB meatgrinder, aren't they?

In that time, Cleveland had:

Weeden
Lewis
McCoy
Wallace
Delhomme
Quinn
Anderson
Gradkowskie
Dorsey
Frye
Dilfer
Garcia
Holcomb
McCown

3 more QBs! Although Cleveland seemed to focus on old and busted QBs for the most part. Weeden fits that mold perfectly.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
In that time, Cleveland had:

Weeden
Lewis
McCoy
Wallace
Delhomme
Quinn
Anderson
Gradkowskie
Dorsey
Frye
Dilfer
Garcia
Holcomb
McCown

3 more QBs! Although Cleveland seemed to focus on old and busted QBs for the most part. Weeden fits that mold perfectly.

This post is old and busted! And so are you!

Nope. We started Max Hall, man of moxie ffs. Derek Anderson was supposed to be our post Warner salvation? When you are forced to start a late 6th round pick his rookie season without all of the guys ahead of him being injured, you know you're in trouble.
"But But he had that one pass in the Super Bowl"

? You mean he got a pass because of the SB appearance? If so, yes, this was sadly why he lasted so long. Just like Mike D couldn't coach for shit without Steve Nash running the show, Whiz was exposed when Warner left.

Milchjon

Google is becoming scarier everyday. But also more convenient.

tumblr_mgamj4vDJH1s1ggico1_400.jpg

squicken

Mark Long ‏@APMarkLong
Worst day of QB play I've witnessed at Jaguars practice in years -- and that's saying a lot. ... O-line not much better

So basically Mclain would rather retire then play for the Ravens? Your team sucks Larry!

Basically he is saying "all this NFL nonsense is cutting into my grinding, and with this new contract, I'm actually losing money. I would be doing a disservice to myself, as well as the Ravens organization by playing out this contract without my heart and mind in it. With a heart of regret, I must take my leave."

Something like that

ChanHuk

Banned
Its worth double that at least.

You are crazy not to pick it up at that price.

I just beat Luigi, gonna go trade that piece of shit in for Fire Emblem.

Eh, I can take him or leave him, but he's probably gonna sign with the Broncos. I honestly can't wait for the reactions on twitter from Raider's fans, gonna be amazing.

Woodson could be serviceable at FS for a season a two, not to mention he can mentor Hayden and the other young DBs on the roster.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
McClain went a totally different direction from where I thought he'd go after College. Just a shame.

We need to wall off Decatur from the rest of America. You know, for the kids.

bionic77

I just beat Luigi, gonna go trade that piece of shit in for Fire Emblem.
I never played Luigi so I can't comment on that. Everyone here seems to love it but I was lukewarm on the cube game.

But as far as Fire Emblem if you don't love that game I can safely say that there is something deeply wrong with you. And may Tebow have mercy on your soul if that is the case.

squicken

wtf why is Sony releasing Gran Turismo on the PS3? Did they learn nothing from God of War 2? Games sell consoles. Don't ship a new console with a flagship IP launching on the old one

Tamanon

Banned
wtf why is Sony releasing Gran Turismo on the PS3? Did they learn nothing from God of War 2? Games sell consoles. Don't ship a new console with a flagship IP launching on the old one

I'm sure it'll come to PS4, and they also probably didn't want to step all over Drive Club.

Fantomex

Because they knew that I already have a car seat, steering wheel and a nice area for my ps3 already. They didn't want me to shop for all those items again.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

It takes them like 5 years to make a Gran Turismo so I'm not surprised....

I feel like developers were still expecting another year or two of the HD twins!

I won't buy GT6 anyway if it has load times anywhere as bad as the ones in GT5.

ChanHuk

Banned
I never played Luigi so I can't comment on that. Everyone here seems to love it but I was lukewarm on the cube game.

But as far as Fire Emblem if you don't love that game I can safely say that there is something deeply wrong with you. And may Tebow have mercy on your soul if that is the case.

Traded in Luigi for Fire Emblem. My body will be ready after the gym.

Fox318

Nope. We started Max Hall, man of moxie ffs. Derek Anderson was supposed to be our post Warner salvation? When you are forced to start a late 6th round pick his rookie season without all of the guys ahead of him being injured, you know you're in trouble.

? You mean he got a pass because of the SB appearance? If so, yes, this was sadly why he lasted so long. Just like Mike D couldn't coach for shit without Steve Nash running the show, Whiz was exposed when Warner left.
I agree with you on whiz I just always found it funny when people talked about him they always brought up his time with the Steelrs.

Greg

you just made me check the gaming forum for the first time in I don't even know how long

effzee

Some chatter on twitter that David Garrard told teammates he is done with the Jets.

Not sure if he retired or has been released.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 11m
Just now, David Garrard told @JeffDarlington: "I'm not talking about that right now. Maybe tomorrow or the next day"

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 11m
QB David Garrard told 2 players he no longer plans to be with the #Jets, per sources. Nothing official from team. Unclear if cut/retired

Geno Smith will most likely start the season.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Some chatter on twitter that David Garrard told teammates he is done with the Jets.

Not sure if he retired or has been released.

Geno Smith will most likely start the season.

AdamSchein
Text from Garrard: "Having to call it quits. My knee is not holding up. Continuing to swell after practices. Limiting what I can do."

Colasante

What a bizarre past three years for David Garrard. Cut by the Jaguars right before the season in 2011, named the starter for the Dolphins only to be cut after sustaining an injury in 2012, and now retiring from the Jets in 2013.

ChanHuk

Banned
LOL Jets fans, it looks more like it Mark Sanchez is staying with the Jets and will probably start this season. Jets Fan Suicide Watch 2013.

Fire Emblem guys, do I play classic masochist mode or puny girly casual mode?

bionic77

LOL Jets fans, it looks more like it Mark Sanchez is staying with the Jets and will probably start this season. Jets Fan Suicide Watch 2013.

Fire Emblem guys, do I play classic masochist mode or puny girly casual mode?
Start casual for a beginner.

You are not ready for anything else.

bionic77

I'm no SRPG beginner but I am a Fire Emblem beginner, any pro tips other than don't die?
Beginner tips.

Pay close attention to stats and special abilities (i.e. Defense against physical attack or increased attack indoors, etc.).
Try to use the meat shield at the beginning of the game as little as possible. In every Fire Emblem game all of the good characters are weak as shit at the start. The game will also give you a few leveled up characters that are overpowered at the start. Try to minimize the use of those guys as much as possible because they will begin to suck massive dick within a few chapters. Often the characters that are shit to begin with become the best later on.
Get your support on. There is a huge benefit to putting characters together in terms of attributes, leveling up, and also to set up the hot sexing and kids that come with it later on in the game.
Know which weapons and classes strengths and weaknesses. Generally sword beats axe, axe beats lance, and lance beats sword. Also bows fuck up flying characters and so on. Try to have one beast in every class and with every weapon class.

That does for now.

Fantomex

Beginner tips.

Pay close attention to stats and special abilities (i.e. Defense against physical attack or increased attack indoors, etc.).
Try to use the meat shield at the beginning of the game as little as possible. In every Fire Emblem game all of the good characters are weak as shit at the start. The game will also give you a few leveled up characters that are overpowered at the start. Try to minimize the use of those guys as much as possible because they will begin to suck massive dick within a few chapters. Often the characters that are shit to begin with become the best later on.
Get your support on. There is a huge benefit to putting characters together in terms of attributes, leveling up, and also to set up the hot sexing and kids that come with it later on in the game.
Know which weapons and classes strengths and weaknesses. Generally sword beats axe, axe beats lance, and lance beats sword. Also bows fuck up flying characters and so on. Try to have one beast in every class and with every weapon class.

That does for now.

Homer-yells-nerd.gif

Top Bottom