• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Man between Eli, Nicks and Cruz that's going to be a shitload of cap space on three players.
I'm guessing Eli gets extended next season to significantly reduce that cap space hit for him and make room for some up and coming big name signings. Nicks isn't the only one due next year. Linval Joseph and JPP are as well.

eznark

Banned
pTdYxQC.gif

Reminder that no sports team has hired Timmy. Maybe he should start looking into different work.

Eh, he played amateur ball last year. May as well do it again this year.

bionic77

Eh, he played amateur ball last year. May as well do it again this year.
Fuck you ez.

I was an amateur athlete in high school. To compare what I did to what the Jets do is a disgrace and an insult to me and every person that every suited up for amateur sports. Whether it be running track in high school, playing college football, tiddlywinks during recess or a game of basketball at the Y.

We were hard working, carried ourselves with class and tried to win. Basically we were nothing like the Jets. To compare what we did to what the Jets do is just a low blow ez. Even for you.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Tim Tebow was a pretender. Russell Wilson is the prince that was promised. He's going to win a Super Bowl before he becomes a senator and receives all of the accolades that were once going to go to Tebow.
Where Russell goes wrong in this discussion is that he's humble with his faith. Only Tebow has the courage to openly admit every completed pass is an act of god.

ChanHuk

Banned
C. Woodson better come back home to Oakland, and he better do it on the cheap. I think Al gave him like 40 million already.

C. Woodson better come back home to Oakland, and he better do it on the cheap. I think Al gave him like 40 million already.

Eh, I can take him or leave him, but he's probably gonna sign with the Broncos. I honestly can't wait for the reactions on twitter from Raider's fans, gonna be amazing.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Shula Burger details national expansion plans:

It has been more than 40 years since Don Shula’s Miami Dolphins had their perfect season and Super Bowl victory, which means many of the young adults drawn to Shula Burger restaurants have little connection with the Shula name. Now, as the chain prepares for the opening of its first franchised location next month in Delray Beach, Fla., and for the beginning of national expansion, four-unit Shula Burger is anchoring its brand more on food than football.

The burger concept is being more closely aligned with its parent, the 31-unit Shula’s steakhouse chain with which consumers may be familiar. Shula Burger’s website proclaims, “If you love our steaks, you will flip for our burgers.”

“We’re carving out a niche for ourselves as ‘fast casual plus,’” Shula Burger President Scott Nietschmann says. “We’ve taken things we’ve learned from the steakhouses and applied them to fast casual, just with different pricing. With everything we do, we take it a step above what you would normally see in fast casual. We brand our buns to give our burgers a distinctive look. Food is served on plates, salads in bowls; there’s real silverware. Cooks wear chef coats not t-shirts, which shows how serious we are about our food.”

Burgers dominate the menu and made with a blend of Certified Angus Beef along with short rib, brisket and chuck. The menu has nine standard burgers plus one slot for a regional choice.

The signature Shula Burger is simply topped with American cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and pickles.

uPpHE3E.jpg

A nod to the coach is The Don, combining a beef patty and a hot dog topped with pickle, onion sauce American cheese and yellow mustard on a brioche bun.

rDf3ylg.jpg

The chain also has begun creating a Burger of the Month, which for May is the Three Little Pigs (beef patty topped with ham, bacon and pulled pork).
VP-Operations/Head Chef Peter Farrand oversees culinary matters.

A build-your-own-burger option is offered but Nietschmann says 80% of burger orders are for the signature choices.

The concept’s average check is roughly $10 at lunch and $11 to $14 at dinner. Six craft beers and a wine selection chosen by the Shula organization’s sommelier are available. Alcoholic beverages account for a small percentage of sales and Nietschmann is fine with that. “We want to offer quality beer and wine choices but we’re not really a bar concept,” he says. Still he says Shula Burger is considering instituting a “happy hour” program to draw more people during the 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. hours.

Shula Burger will be tracking sales results for the franchised unit opening in Delray Beach, Fla., to provide metrics for future franchisees. “We’ll likely begin [franchising] in the Southeast since the Shula name is strongest here,” Nietschmann says. “But by no means is this a regional chain.” Markets where Shula’s steakhouses operates—including Atlanta, Chicago, New York City’s Times Square and Phoenix—will be considered.

Two of the four Shula Burger units open are in airports and more nontraditional sites are possible. “We’ll look at all opportunities,” he says. “This is a great concept that fits many venues.”

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Grossi is an idiot with zero connections to anything really. I feel like he's only around because unlike the other Browns reporters he seems to interact with people a lot more on twitter...but usually to insult them or talk down to them because his football knowledge is so high...despite not having a single contact in the Browns anymore.

Tamanon

Banned
Heard on NFL.com that Palmer will be the 15th QB throwing to Fitzgerald. Surely that can't be right?!?

Arizona has been through a shitload of QBs.

Skelton
Kolb
Lindley
Hoyer
Anderson
Hall
Warner
Leinart
McCown
King
Navarre

Maybe they're counting college and high school?

MechDX

Grossi is an idiot with zero connections to anything really. I feel like he's only around because unlike the other Browns reporters he seems to interact with people a lot more on twitter...but usually to insult them or talk down to them because his football knowledge is so high...despite not having a single contact in the Browns anymore.

But the dog is so cute!

Top Bottom