• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

Farooq

Banned
Dallas Cuts.

BwT5QPoCcAEp0mK.jpg:large

Nothing too surprising. Cowboys traded a conditional pick to the Titans for Lavar Edwards.

RB Ryan Williams played well this preseason, unfortunately he was injured and did not play in the last preseason game (he has a history with injuries). With the injuries/suspensions on defense, the Cowboys could not afford a 4th running back and a FB. I guess the Cowboys decided a FB was better use of that roster spot. Well at least for now still expect a few waiver pick ups.

Both LaRon Byrd and Jamar Newsome had really strong camps. Both receivers also played well in preseason games when giving the opportunity. In my opinion both of these players outplayed rookie Devin Street. Again the numbers do not allow the luxury for a 6th receiver, and I doubt the Cowboys give up on Street right after drafting him.

Kenneth Boatright getting waived was surprising. But it makes more sense after considering the trade for Edwards. I hope he makes it to PS. He made some plays in preseason, and the Cowboys need help at right end(I have said this too many times).

Edit: The Cowboys can still improve their depth along the offensive line, linebacker, and defensive end. I expect the Cowboys to target these positions through waivers and trades.

Giants full moves list:

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blog...n-roster/59195932-a148-4595-bd15-f71dafdbeed1

Reserve/Injured:
WR Trindon Holliday
WR Mario Manningham

Waived/injured
OT Rogers Gaines

Reserve/Suspended
Guard Eric Herman
CB Jayron Hosley

Contract Terminated
FB John Conner
TE Kellen Davis
DE Israel Idonije
QB Curtis Painter

Waived
OT Mark Asper
RB Michael Cox
DB Chandler Fenner
LB Dan Fox
RB Kendall Gaskins
DB Thomas Gordon
OT Adam Gress
DB Bennett Jackson
G Jamaal Johnson-Webb
LB Terrell Manning
DT Kelcie Quarles
DE Jordan Stanton
WR Julian Talley

UDFA DE Kerry Wynn made the roster which was the biggest suprise for me. He played well but apparently the Giants really liked his work ethic.

10 OL, 10 DL, 6 WR, 2 QB, 3 RB, 6 LB's, 9 DB's, 1 FB and 3 TE's.

MechDX

Mallet is safe. Pats carrying 3 QB on the roster

Right ...Bill holding out hope Texans offer a pick. Won't happen

Mech, the Texans pick anyone up yet?

Won't announce waiver claims till Monday. Basically anyone the Texans want they get though. McClain expects around 10 pick ups. Same number Colts and Chiefs did last couple years.

Sam will nitt be picked up by the Texans. good at DE and I don't believe Sam is big enough for OLB

Bowser

I could see the 49ers picking up Sam. Might not be ideal at OLB, but the 49ers have depth issues and Sam having knowledge of the Rams playbook (not that the 49ers need that to beat them) is a plus

HawkeyeIC

I could see the 49ers picking up Sam. Might not be ideal at OLB, but the 49ers have depth issues and Sam having knowledge of the Rams playbook (not that the 49ers need that to beat them) is a plus

Nope. Lynch came on during preseason. They'll be fine there.

Colasante

Looks like Chris Barker will make the Patriots' initial 53. Interesting thing about him is that he was active for all 16 games last season, but played zero snaps. He was the worst graded member of the Patriots' offensive line this preseason, according to PFF. Yet he has made the roster again, somehow.

Raxious

Pretty excited, this is gonna be my first season I'll be following. Jumped in somewhere near the end of the season and had no clue what was going on on the field xD ( Still don't know everything, but I'll manage ). Ended up watching the Super Bowl at 3 AM ( Netherlands ) and I fucking loved it. It's the first sport I'm actually pretty excited to see.

I like the Lions roster cuts. I came in expecting the worse, specifically Kris Durham making the team over Corey Full or Ryan Broyles. But we shit canned him and some other logical cuts, while keeping the guys I wanted to keep.

This is definitely the best WR core Stafford has ever had. Now let's see if he live up to expectations.

Narag

Pretty excited, this is gonna be my first season I'll be following. Jumped in somewhere near the end of the season and had no clue what was going on on the field xD ( Still don't know everything, but I'll manage ). Ended up watching the Super Bowl at 3 AM ( Netherlands ) and I fucking loved it. It's the first sport I'm actually pretty excited to see.

Feel free to ask questions as they come up.

Doomsayer

Even without Aldon we have an excess of OLB - Skuta, Lemonier, and the Rookie Lynch (who looks like a monster). We'll be fine.

Awesome! Welcome to the thread.

Godslay

Banned

Welcome.

Have you picked a team yet?

Greg

welcome, good sir

ShaneB

Welcome! It's neat seeing new folks come aboard, and I suppose I was the new entry into NFL-GAF last season after deciding to get into the sport more seriously after my years of casual enjoyment! It's definitely a great sport to get sucked into, where every game is a big event!

Chiefs Cuts...

Kansas City Chiefs

Cuts to 53: K Ryan Succop, OT J'Marcus Webb, S Jonathon Amaya, S Malcolm Bronson, FB Jordan Campbell, DL Dominique Hamilton, WR Mark Harrison, G Ricky Henry, LB Alonzo Highsmith, LB Nico Johnson, DT Kyle Love, CB Justin Rogers, DL Kona Schwenke, CB DeMarcus Van Dyke, LB Devan Walker, RB Charcandrick West, WR Fred Williams

Ryan Succop!? Guess I need to get a new kicker in the SiF league! Other then that, nothing jumps out, looks like all the names that piqued my interest are still on the Roster.

jakncoke

Banned

Become a Steelers fan.

Euro-Gaf taking over!

Welcome! It's neat seeing new folks come aboard, and I suppose I was the new entry into NFL-GAF last season after deciding to get into the sport more seriously after my years of casual enjoyment! It's definitely a great sport to get sucked into, where every game is a big event!

Chiefs Cuts...

Ryan Succop!? Guess I need to get a new kicker in the SiF league! Other then that, nothing jumps out, looks like all the names that piqued my interest are still on the Roster.
Dolphins need to give Succop a call!

Go Bengals.

jbug617

Banned
Roster Breakdown for the Pats.

@BenVolin

#Patriots roster right now: 3 QB, 5 WR*, 10 OL, 3 TE, 4 RB, 1 FB, 8 DL, 5 LB, 5 CB*, 5 S (* = suspended player at that position), 3 ST
good kickers got cut today.

Connor Barth, Ryan Succop and Alex Henery

Top Bottom