• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

Vyroxis

Banned
So how many teams are without a starting QB now? Rams, Raiders are injured, Manuel looked like flaming garbage for the bills.

Eleuin

Need a fantasy player for the Straggler's league. Get in and win!

Might need more, sent out some pm's to the non-joined.

Figuring out what to do with the cat.gif league. I'll do something tonight...

Picked a bad time to get serious with a girl, cramping my football time!
I'm in if no one else is interested.

The Sanchize doesn't want to go to St. Louis.

The Rams may be interested in trading for Eagles backup quarterback Mark Sanchez, but the feeling isn't mutual. The former Jets passer doesn't want to be traded from Philadelphia, according to USA Today's Tom Pelissero. The report indicates that there is "no chance" that Sanchez would prefer to be in St. Louis this season. Several media outlets have made the connection between Sanchez and the Rams, following Sam Bradford's ACL injury. Bleacher Report's Jason Cole even reported that the Rams "want" the backup quarterback. Sanchez knows the Rams offense well due to his time with offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer in New York. The two were together from 2009-2011 with the Jets. The Rams are likely looking for a solution after losing Bradford for the season. The team currently has career-backup Shaun Hill along with Austin Davis and Garrett Gilbert on the roster. The Eagles play the Rams during Week 5 of the regular season. As noted earlier on BGN, it would likely cost the Rams quite a bit to acquire Sanchez. If he doesn't want to go elsewhere, the move would make little sense for a Rams team that has done everything it can to avoid using premium resources to acquire a quarterback. Despite having five first round picks over the last three years, the Rams haven't selected a quarterback prior to Day 3 in any draft during that time period.

Strange that he would rather be a back up.

dionysus

Yaldog
I've been to a Green Bay game. If you like small towns, which I do, it is probably an awesome place. What small town can boast an NFL team? However, I'd imagine that a significant portion of NFL players like the glitz and glamor of major metropolitan areas.

If I was an NFL player instead of a nerdy engineer, Green Bay would totally be my number one destination. I'd buy a ranch and raise cows and pigs and ride horses. Heaven.

Rookie wide receiver Jordan Matthews leads not only the Eagles this preseason, but the entire NFL with 15 receptions. He's gained 134 yards receiving working out of the slot. As the Eagles prepare for their final preseason game, it remains to be seen whether Matthews will play. Matthews said that he's treating the week like a regular game watching some film of the Jets' defense, but is also looking ahead and starting to prep for the regular season opener.

Of course, he took at least half of his snaps with the 2s, so that doesn't say too much, but it's still very promising.

bionic77

I've been to a Green Bay game. If you like small towns, which I do, it is probably an awesome place. What small town can boast an NFL team? However, I'd imagine that a significant portion of NFL players like the glitz and glamor of major metropolitan areas.

If I was an NFL player instead of a nerdy engineer, Green Bay would totally be my number one destination. I'd buy a ranch and raise cows and pigs and ride horses. Heaven.
Are you talking about the girls of Green Bay or the farm animals?

These terms are often interchangeable in that part of the country...

Fox318

So how many teams are without a starting QB now? Rams, Raiders are injured, Manuel looked like flaming garbage for the bills.

kSO990x.gif

ez requires a rise out of a certain number of people per day for sustenance. I'm thinking he was a little behind on his quota today so he posted that list as a last ditch effort to catch up.

jnc, that makes perfect sense.

Edit: images are blocked at my work, but I am going to guess that there is either a gif, or pic of J-Law in Dragons post.

cdyhybrid

jnc, that makes perfect sense.

Edit: images are blocked at my work, but I am going to guess that there is either a gif, or pic of J-Law in Dragons post.

Correct you are. Dragon posts only consist of one of two things (or sometimes both):

1) J-Law gif barely relevant to the conversation topic, or
2) Defense of Sony.

Fox318

That is the one with the 1440 screen right?

Can you tell the difference between that and 1080 or even 720?

What are the odds that the woman Dragon eventually marries looks exactly like this broad?

From 720 I can. I never had a 1080p phone but its fantastic. Text is super clear and the screen is really vibrant.

At the point in his life I bet you he is liking the backup role.

No pressure, no media, and you get only good press.

Philly probably has hotter 17 year old girls. Also not that surprising that a person of color would not want to willingly go to St Louis right now. The police would probably try and deport him.

Farooq

Banned
The Cowboys have no one at RDE that can generate a pass rush. My hopes at right end hang on a rookie coming off a broken foot, and a OLB who played one game at LDE before having surgery to repair his knee. Even if Spencer is put on the active roster, he won't be available until week 3-4. Lawrence will most likely be put on IR (designated to return) which means he won't will be available until week 8.

I don't care to list the other concerns on defense, but the Cowboys may field the worst defense the league has ever seen.

Colasante

I would think playing at all would be infinitely preferable to sitting on the bench every week. His only shot at playing now is an injury.

Sanchez has shown enough this preseason that some teams could potentially be interested in him as a starter next offseason. His market will develop better as a backup in Chip Kelly's offense than a starter in Brian Schottenheimer's.

The Cowboys have no one at RDE that can generate a pass rush. My hopes at right end hang on a rookie coming off a broken foot, and a OLB who played one game at LDE before having surgery to repair his knee. Even if Spencer is put on the active roster, he won't be available until week 3-4. Lawrence will most likely be put on IR (designated to return) which means he won't will be available until week 8.

I don't care to list the other concerns on defense, but the Cowboys may field the worst defense the league has ever seen.

I am stunned that they havent traded for Graham yet. Clearly the Eagles dont mind doing deals in the division. Graham would flourish in a 4-3 and the Cowboys desperately need pass rush help.

Yeah, he is definitely a project type guy. As far as raw physical talent he definitely has it, he's cut from the same mold as a guy like Ben Roethlisberger in terms of size, strength, and arm strength. The problem is none of that ever translated very well to playing QB in college. His accuracy has always been wildly inconsistent and he struggles with decision making, on top of quite a few other issues.

I guess the hope is that his flaws are more of a product of bad QB coaching at VT (very possible) than his natural skill ceiling. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

Yeah from what I could see he had terrible coaching, a different coordinator every year in college, and complete trash around him for weapons. Hard to develop in that situation but his athleticism, size, and intangibles are ridiculous so if they can fix him he'll be a really legit franchise QB one day. His decision making and footwork are the issues right now and hopefully both can be fixed within a couple seasons when we are ready to move on from Palmer. He really could end up the steal of the draft but if he fizzles out, at least it was a 4th rounder and there wasn't any player I wanted badly that we passed on that round anyway.

bionic77

Zero. JLaw is awesome but I'm a realist.
What?

I feel like you would see 3 chicks who look just like her at any mall on a Friday night.

She has pretty common features. At least I think so.

The funny thing is you won't even realize that your girl looks eerily like Lawrence until someone points it out to you later on.

I am stunned that they havent traded for Graham yet. Clearly the Eagles dont mind doing deals in the division. Graham would flourish in a 4-3 and the Cowboys desperately need pass rush help.

Graham might take Trent Cole's spot as starter by the end of the year, if he keeps playing as well as he has in the preseason.

Top Bottom