• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

Talon

So no benefit to practicing "throwing to spots" in the NFL, in your opinion?

Tannehill missed a wide open Mike Wallace on Saturday and he basically said it was his fault for throwing to the wrong spot. First time I've seen that terminology from him so I was just wondering how important that was in the new offense and what you guys' opinions were on it.
There's a difference between using it as an offensive concept and using it as a drill. The former is Mountaineer/Red Raider football.

I would bet (because Philbin doesn't strike me as an idiot) that it was being used as a drill.

Most of the time when you hear a QB saying "they threw it to the wrong spot," it's less distance and more the trajectory. For example, QBs can miss deep throws badly because they judge the receiver as straightening up the whole way, but the receiver flattens out a little to create distance from the defender.

JABEE

Sanchez is lucky to even be in the league, dude won't be cashing in shit.

He's a complete fucking scrub.

Sanchez gets to cash in a $2.5 million paycheck for playing 4 preseason games in front of one of the best lines in football. That's what this is about. He knows he will get his ass beat in St. Louis.

Crisco

Banned
Cam is MIA
Derek Anderson's wife is having a baby, meaning he's away from the team
Matt Blanchard has a concussion and hasn't practiced since New England

You know what all this means?
Webb.jpg

It's Time For the Joe Webb Experience baby

0mupEU7.jpg

There's a difference between using it as an offensive concept and using it as a drill. The former is Mountaineer/Red Raider football.

I would bet (because Philbin doesn't strike me as an idiot) that it was being used as a drill.

Most of the time when you hear a QB saying "they threw it to the wrong spot," it's less distance and more the trajectory. For example, QBs can miss deep throws badly because they judge the receiver as straightening up the whole way, but the receiver flattens out a little to create distance from the defender.
Makes sense! Thanks.

Tom Penny

They can also screw up by throwing inside or outside incorrectly based on the leverage the WR has on the DB or vise versa the WR can run the wrong route based on the coverage.

Bread

Banned
Kas picked Stafford 2nd overall in the Stafford Is Fat league, firmly cementing it as the 2nd best nflgaf league and a joke. Apologies to you poor shirt wearing bastards for having to deal with him!

gutshot

Sanchez is lucky to even be in the league, dude won't be cashing in shit.

He's a complete fucking scrub.

In case you haven't noticed, dudes like Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh McCown and Brian Hoyer are starting QBs in this league. There is a real lack of quality at the position. Sanchez is definitely good enough to be at least a backup QB in this league (as he is showing in Philly).

And I'm willing to bet someone will sign him to be their starter next season.

Kas picked Stafford 2nd overall in the Stafford Is Fat league, firmly cementing it as the 2nd best nflgaf league and a joke. Apologies to you poor shirt wearing bastards for having to deal with him!

I took Megatron #4 in my draft. And I got Reggie Bush and Joquie Bell, might even claim Ebron from waivers depending on how things go.

I'm in one super flex league, it's pretty much a 2 Qb league. But most the idiots in this league still don't realize this after multiple years.
I took Megatron #4 in my draft. And I got Reggie Bush and Joquie Bell, might even claim Ebron from waivers depending on how things go.
I think I saw you're draft yesterday. Your team looks similar to one of mine. Got Calvin at 7 in my 14 team ppr. Starting line up looks something like Brady, Calvin , Antonio brown, Andre Ellington, Joquie bell, Jordan Cameron, Jordan reed/sproles as my possible flex

jakncoke

Banned
I once did a 2 qb league with iirc 14 people . That was super dumb, had people just trolling and setting people up and some ended up with a starting qb and a back up on their weekly lineups

Tom Penny

I once did a 2 qb league with iirc 14 people . That was super dumb, had people just trolling and setting people up and some ended up with a starting qb and a back up on their weekly lineups

That's because they are idiots. Rule number 1 is to know the scoring system.

Bread

Banned
That might be the only time it's acceptable to draft Stafford in the first round

I think I saw you're draft yesterday. Your team looks similar to one of mine. Got Calvin at 7 in my 14 team ppr. Starting line up looks something like Brady, Calvin , Antonio brown, Andre Ellington, Joquie bell, Jordan Cameron, Jordan reed/sproles as my possible flex

Yup
sOR45oh.png

(plus Greg Jennings and Eli as my backup QB, Baltimore defense and Nick Folk for kicker)

In previous years I took a QB far too early, and missed out on adding decent depth to my RB/WR core. Last year was especially bad as my WR core was fucked big time (Roddy White...). I think I'm stacked at WR and RB this year. Bell and Bush should get at least 500yds rushing/500yds catching.

Colasante

The Arizona Cardinals are bringing in former Patriot Tommy Kelly for a visit. Belichick hasn't been burned too often by veterans he's released, but I think the Kelly cut was a mistake. He should still have something to offer the Cardinals.

The Arizona Cardinals are bringing in former Patriot Tommy Kelly for a visit. Belichick hasn't been burned too often by veterans he's released, but I think the Kelly cut was a mistake. He should still have something to offer the Cardinals.

Kelly has moments when he's great but lack of effort is a criticism that can be thrown his way. You never really know which Tommy Kelly is going to show up.

I'm not familiar with him, what position does he play? I haven't had a chance to catch up on Twitter, have nearly 100 new sport tweets but too busy to check them all atm.

cdyhybrid

Only 36 and last threw a regular season pass in 2010, line him up in a workout with Jeff Garcia, Jeff George and Tim Tebow. Get a 5th in here as well, Whats Warren Moon doing these days

He does commentary for Seahawks games on radio and apparently is also a consultant/confidant for a bunch of QBs out there.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Watching the preseason games on NFL Network just reminds me how terrible local announcing teams are. There's so much ball washing for the home team in every one of these games it's ridiculous. Thank god the NFL has network announcers for all the games throughout the season.

Colasante

I'm not familiar with him, what position does he play? I haven't had a chance to catch up on Twitter, have nearly 100 new sport tweets but too busy to check them all atm.

Pass-rush oriented defensive tackle, who would probably fill in for Dockett as a defensive end in your 3-4 scheme. Formerly of the Raiders, had a couple quite good games with the Patriots last season before being placed on IR with an ACL tear.

Watching the preseason games on NFL Network just reminds me how terrible local announcing teams are. There's so much ball washing for the home team in every one of these games it's ridiculous. Thank god the NFL has network announcers for all the games throughout the season.
Edmund Nelson shit all over Landry Jones against the Bills. He deserved it he was terrible.

Pass-rush oriented defensive tackle, who would probably fill in for Dockett as a defensive end in your 3-4 scheme. Formerly of the Raiders, had a couple quite good games with the Patriots last season before being placed on IR with an ACL tear.

He can actually play any spot at the Defensive line, but he's been mostly successful at DT

Just read that he's a DT and if he can pass rush that'd be amazing. Our D still looked great last night despite the losses, our run D still tops and our secondary should be money. Our only problem is pass rush which was hurt with Washington's absence. Our beefed up secondary should help with that a bit but definitely could use another body with that skill set if there's someone decent available.

MRSA

Banned
Just read that he's a DT and if he can pass rush that'd be amazing. Our D still looked great last night despite the losses, our run D still tops and our secondary should be money. Our only problem is pass rush which was hurt with Washington's absence. Our beefed up secondary should help with that a bit but definitely could use another body with that skill set if there's someone decent available.

He's a funny mother fucker too, all he is good for is pass rushing, he parts like the red sea against the run though.

Assuming cassel is competent I'd like Teddy to wait a year. Let Matt be the sacrificial lamb during that crazy ass gauntlet at the beginning of the year. Then maybe throw teddy in once the sailing is a bit more smooth.

He's been super promising but I dunno. I've never really experienced having a franchise QB so I don't want then to fuck it up. TB has a chance to be the Viking's guy, never been more optimistic about a QB prospect. The dude should gain like 30 pounds though, he's a twig. Go eat with fatford.

He's a funny mother fucker too, all he is good for is pass rushing, he parts like the red sea against the run though.

We're the top run D in the league so sounds perfect!

Minter and Cooper are supposedly playing Thursday and Honey Badger might to! Woooo! Cooper has turf toe though so a little nervous about how nagging that will be through out the year but thrilled that Minter didn't have to have surgery for his pectoral. Arians is saying Honey Badger has to play this game if he wants to play in the season opener. Also, it's now confirmed that Logan Thomas will play the entire game.

TheFatOne

I think it just means that the Pats believe Easley is ready for prime time, and that the injuries to the other DT aren't that serious.

Top Bottom