• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

Graham might take Trent Cole's spot as starter by the end of the year, if he keeps playing as well as he has in the preseason.

That sounds good to me. Cole is definitely on his way down. He is still really strong against the run, so hopefully this year they will have a rotation unlike last year where Cole got all the snaps.

I'm sorry, I laughed
Eli gotta eat!

iRHxHdhY7ptai.gif

Farooq

Banned
I am stunned that they havent traded for Graham yet. Clearly the Eagles dont mind doing deals in the division. Graham would flourish in a 4-3 and the Cowboys desperately need pass rush help.

I am just going to speculate that Graham is too expensive for the Cowboys. Aside from picking up an end through the waiver wire, to me it seems the Cowboys are content with rolling with what they have on the roster.

Dragon

Banned
What?

I feel like you would see 3 chicks who look just like her at any mall on a Friday night.

She has pretty common features. At least I think so.

The funny thing is you won't even realize that your girl looks eerily like Lawrence until someone points it out to you later on.

Perhaps. I think she's a good actress (even if I think the Hunger Games movies are shit) and she's easily giffable.

Perhaps. I think she's a good actress (even if I think the Hunger Games movies are shit) and she's easily giffable.

Wow, I am surprised you dont like those movies. I liked the first but I thought that the 2nd was really good. Its weird since I liked the 1st book better then the 2nd. I really didnt like the 3rd book at all so I have no idea what to expect from the movies.

Colasante

I am just going to speculate that Graham is too expensive for the Cowboys. Aside from picking up an end through the waiver wire, to me it seems the Cowboys are content with rolling with what they have on the roster.

There will be half decent options come cut down time. Will Smith was just cut from the Patriots because he didn't fit well in their new 3-4, but I think he could still provide some rush for a 4-3 team.

bionic77

My friend just told me that new comic movie about the raccoon is not very good.

Do you bros agree with this?

I was actually considering going because it has good reviews and everyone seems to love it. Though I might be one of the haters as I have severe Marvel fatigue.

Dragon

Banned
Wow, I am surprised you dont like those movies. I liked the first but I thought that the 2nd was really good. Its weird since I liked the 1st book better then the 2nd. I really didnt like the 3rd book at all so I have no idea what to expect from the movies.

I agree that the third book is shit, I think they got the look of the movies right, but just something about the characters just seems flat.

I was actually considering going because it has good reviews and everyone seems to love it. Though I might be one of the haters as I have severe Marvel fatigue.

I really liked Guardians of the Galaxy. But I'm a big movie fan so not sure my opinion holds any weight.

He is wrong. It's pretty good.

gutshot

Graham might take Trent Cole's spot as starter by the end of the year, if he keeps playing as well as he has in the preseason.

I doubt it. Graham can't play in space at all. Cole isn't great at it, but even at his age, he's athletic enough to be better than Graham.

Graham, like Curry, will get snaps as a DE in nickel and dime or whenever they run their 4-3 Under package.

Colasante

Guardians of the Galaxy is a typical Marvel film, only funnier. If you've grown tired of meaningless, mind-numbing Marvel third acts, you might want to stay away.

Talon

I don't think the league is ready for the offensive fireworks that Tebow and Schotty could produce together.

First negative scoring offense in history.

MechDX

Its a prototype, summer, popcorn flick. You'll laugh, you'll cry and then you'll go on GAF and bitch because it isn't Citizen Kane. "You're killing film!"

cdyhybrid

What do you guys think about this whole throwing to spots thing?

I think making the distinction is dumb/pointless unless you're specifically aiming to remove all traces of improvisation from the offense, i.e. "You throw to this exact spot at this exact time, no exceptions" (which is dumb in itself).

Edit: Sanchize's stock will be higher after the season if he plays well in mop-up duty for a good offense in Philly than it would be if he started for a garbage offense in St. Louis. Plus the Rams have to actually play against teams with defenses.

Tom Penny

Its a prototype, summer, popcorn flick. You'll laugh, you'll cry and then you'll go on GAF and bitch because it isn't Citizen Kane. "You're killing film!"

Why the heck is citizen king considered great/ classic. I try to watch all the so called great movies and that one isn't near the top of the list. I guess they probably did use filming techniques and angles that were new back then but the movie itself not so much.

Why the heck is citizen king considered great/ classic. I try to watch all the so called great movies and that one isn't near the top of the list. I guess they probably did use filming techniques and angles that were new back then but the movie itself not so much.

It's because it is widely considered the first modern format film.

gutshot

Sanchez has shown enough this preseason that some teams could potentially be interested in him as a starter next offseason. His market will develop better as a backup in Chip Kelly's offense than a starter in Brian Schottenheimer's.

Ding ding, we have a winner. He gets to look great in Chip's system this whole preseason and maybe even in some regular season games if Foles gets banged up or the Eagles have a big lead. Then he cashes in next offseason and gets some control over where he goes as well.

bionic77

...you mean the thing they teach you to do in middle school football?
Not sure they teach you that in middle school anymore.

I was at a picnic yesterday and we decided to play some touch football that was divided between the adults and the teenagers (most of whom were under 16). I expected these kids to school us olds but they were borderline retarded when it came to football. You talk about throwing to a spot or basically ahead of a receiver, but they didn't see to grasp the concept or many others (such as the line of scrimmage or how to lateral the ball). It was so bad that us olds got bored and left the game after 15 minutes.

Maybe this was just a group of defective kids or maybe kids are too used to playing football on Madden and their tablets to know what to do IRL.

LJ11

Ding ding, we have a winner. He gets to look great in Chip's system this whole preseason and maybe even in some regular season games if Foles gets banged up or the Eagles have a big lead. Then he cashes in next offseason and gets some control over where he goes as well.

Sanchez is lucky to even be in the league, dude won't be cashing in shit.

He's a complete fucking scrub.

Tom Penny

Is it always the primary emphasis as opposed to throwing to a receiver? I don't know how common it is for QB's to run plays without anyone there to catch the ball.

So the primary emphasis is to waste valuable practice time by not letting WR's run routes and get on the same page with the QB as well as working on their hands. Sounds like great coaching. Right up there with the Dallas TE coach making them practice with bags on their heads.

Talon

So the primary emphasis is to waste valuable practice time by not letting WR's run routes and get on the same page with the QB as well as working on their hands. Sounds like great coaching. Right up there with the Dallas TE coach making them practice with bags on their heads.
I need more information about this shame bagging.

Talon

Thanks for the helpful insight.
If you want the Glanville explanation, it simplifies the QB's decision making by throwing to a spot based on binary information. At it's most Hawaiian implementation, your receivers are pretty much running 9s, 8s, or 6s.

Safety charges up, throw up top. Backer blitzes, throw 10-15 yards.

As you can imagine, this works great in college when secondaries are almost universally horrible. Or in the early 90s NFL when Jeff George is drunk.

jakncoke

Banned
Only 36 and last threw a regular season pass in 2010, line him up in a workout with Jeff Garcia, Jeff George and Tim Tebow. Get a 5th in here as well, Whats Warren Moon doing these days

If you want the Glanville explanation, it simplifies the QB's decision making by throwing to a spot based on binary information. At it's most Hawaiian implementation, your receivers are pretty much running 9s, 8s, or 6s.

Safety charges up, throw up top. Backer blitzes, throw 10-15 yards.

As you can imagine, this works great in college when secondaries are almost universally horrible. Or in the early 90s NFL when Jeff George is drunk.
So no benefit to practicing "throwing to spots" in the NFL, in your opinion?

Tannehill missed a wide open Mike Wallace on Saturday and he basically said it was his fault for throwing to the wrong spot. First time I've seen that terminology from him so I was just wondering how important that was in the new offense and what you guys' opinions were on it.

Cam is MIA
Derek Anderson's wife is having a baby, meaning he's away from the team
Matt Blanchard has a concussion and hasn't practiced since New England

You know what all this means?
Webb.jpg

It's Time For the Joe Webb Experience baby

Top Bottom