• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

Thank you, yeah I need to find a team to follow I've always kind liked the patriots but that's only because the were the first team I ever watched in the Super Bowl and I didn't really know anyone else, is there any easy way to decided who to follow? Seeing as I'm
Going in to this blind really haha
My advice is to watch at least a season or two and just get a feel for the different teams and players before picking one to pull for. After awhile you'll probably be drawn to one and if not, no big deal as long as you're still enjoying yourself.

Please, please, please do not become a Patriots fan. Do you have a favorite Premier League team? If you tell me I will make an appropriate analogy for you.

MechDX

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN · 18m
Biggest news out of #Texans luncheon: JJ Watt cut all his hair off. #highandtight

Real problems.

Bread

Banned
Thank you, yeah I need to find a team to follow I've always kind liked the patriots but that's only because the were the first team I ever watched in the Super Bowl and I didn't really know anyone else, is there any easy way to decided who to follow? Seeing as I'm
Going in to this blind really haha
Pats fans are highly respected here so it would be a smart move to keep rooting for them!

jakncoke

Banned
Of course I am against random drug tests. The fuck business is it of your employer?

True,still though im still not sure where you seen where I was really defending random drug tests. I was just saying nfl players have been around enough dick in their playing time that a doctor watching them piss is nothing to them.

MechDX

oh god, everyone and their mother are making Incognito to the Pats jokes right now.

6N7WOib.jpg

eznark

Banned
True,still though im still not sure where you seen where I was really defending random drug tests. I was just saying nfl players have been around enough dick in their playing time that a doctor watching them piss is nothing to them.

You said if you don't want increased testing then you are obviously an PED user.

Duxxy3

Definitely. This was going to be his last year in New England, regardless. Now this frees up more money to extend Revis.

Yeah I thought of Revis immediately after my post.

Still, they better hope that Solder and Kline can hold up the left side of that line. They have a lot of untested kids out there.

I guess Cannon will be Mankins replacement.

Kline would be my pick. Cannon is too valuable as a tackle (vollmer goes down all the time), at least until fleming gets some more time. Wouldn't surprise me to see cannon and fleming as the book ends when solder's contract is up.

Niven

Well you started off on the wrong foot but as long as you see the error of your ways you'll be ok. Do you have any family in the states? Like particular colors or animals? You could just watch this season and whatever players/teams you enjoy watching you could narrow it down that way.

Do you root for a football(soccer) team?

That might help us pick a team similar.

My advice is to watch at least a season or two and just get a feel for the different teams and players before picking one to pull for. After awhile you'll probably be drawn to one and if not, no big deal as long as you're still enjoying yourself.

Please, please, please do not become a Patriots fan. Do you have a favorite Premier League team? If you tell me I will make an appropriate analogy for you.

I have some family in Miami but I've never met them so they don't really mean anything to me haha and I support arsenal I think are owner owns one of them teams but I'm not sure what one?

Mindlog

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer · 2m
Breaking: the Patriots have agreed to parameters of a trade to send Pro Bowl guard Logan Mankins to the Bucs for a pick and TE Tim Wright

WHAT?
:jnc

I figured the Bucs would cut a Tight End and the Patriots would pick him up. Patriots seem to do well with Buc castoffs. Didn't figure we would be able to trade one to help address a position of desperate need. If it works out I feel a little better about Glennon starting sooner than later.

jakncoke

Banned
You said if you don't want increased testing then you are obviously an PED user.

I dont find that statement to jump to many conclusions or defending of drug tests. Im just saying, Its not a secret that NFL PED use is rampant, and its obvious if you're a user you're not going to want stronger testing that'll make you have to come clean or lose your meal ticket. To be clear idc what they put their bodies to look like arnold from the 70s, didnt care during the whole mlb steroid outrage either that the olds had.

That's what I'm trying to pick now haha I'm trying to read all the things in the op to learn more about the teams

The Steelers have the most Super Bowls (6)

The Lions have made the playoffs about 6 times since 1935

The Browns play beside a lake that produces toxic algae.

The Patriots are run by Hitler.

Will fill in more details if you're in need of knowledge.

TheFatOne

Not surprised Mankins is pretty overrated here. This should free up money for a Revis extension.

How much does Mankins have left in his tank

He's not terrible but he isn't the same player he used to be. Still a solid guard though. Has several years left.

Edit: To be a little more specific. His play as most definitely slipped the last few years. He can still be a solid guard, but he is no where close to being a pro bowl guard. Bill is selling high on this one.

I have some family in Miami but I've never met them so they don't really mean anything to me haha and I support arsenal I think are owner owns one of them teams but I'm not sure what one?
Well I am a Dolphins fan so I'm incredibly biased but they are a young team with a lot of young talent that should be pretty fun to watch this season.

Okay so imagine if Man U cheated their way to a bunch of titles. That's basically the Patriots.

eznark

Banned
Generally speaking I think I'd take the 32 year old guard over the 30 year old CB with a bum leg.

But there was no way the Patriots were going to keep Mankins after this year anyway so good deal.

MechDX

Support the youngest team in the league. You cant be called a "bandwagoner" and you can use this sexy beast for an avatar:

3e05d6a880c54c758970f5d14b93077d.jpg

Niven

I dont find that statement to jump to many conclusions or defending of drug tests. Im just saying, Its not a secret that NFL PED use is rampant, and its obvious if you're a user you're not going to want stronger testing that'll make you have to come clean or lose your meal ticket. To be clear idc what they put their bodies to look like arnold from the 70s, didnt care during the whole mlb steroid outrage either that the olds had.

The Steelers have the most Super Bowls (6)

The Lions have made the playoffs about 6 times since 1935

The Browns play beside a lake that produces toxic algae.

The Patriots are run by Hitler.

Will fill in more details if you're in need of knowledge.

It's clear the patriots are not liked are they really that bad? What did they do wrong?

jakncoke

Banned
Looking at overthecap. They have Pats gaining 2.5 million this year and instead of starting the 2015 year in the red they are in the black with getting rid of his contract.

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 21s
Patriots will receive Bucs' fourth-round pick in 2014 in additon to TE Tim Wright in exchange for G Logan Mankins.

TheFatOne

Generally speaking I think I'd take the 32 year old guard over the 30 year old CB with a bum leg.

But there was no way the Patriots were going to keep Mankins after this year anyway so good deal.
So what your saying is that you're going to take a 32 year old guard who has had acl tears in both of his knees instead of the elite corner who has only had one knee injury. That doesn't seem smart. His play has declined over the past few years. Every year he has gotten worse. Revis has only had that one injury, and it seems like he has fully recovered. Mankins is not the same player he used to be.

Niven

So Dolphins it is! Welcome to the brotherhood!

Well I am a Dolphins fan so I'm incredibly biased but they are a young team with a lot of young talent that should be pretty fun to watch this season.

Okay so imagine if Man U cheated their way to a bunch of titles. That's basically the Patriots.

Support the youngest team in the league. You cant be called a "bandwagoner" and you can use this sexy beast for an avatar:

3e05d6a880c54c758970f5d14b93077d.jpg

I'm feeling a lot of dolphin love in here so I'm gonna go read about them and see if like what read! Who's the youngest team? And who is that sexy man pulling me in!

TheFatOne

Looking at overthecap. They have Pats gaining 2.5 million this year and instead of starting the 2015 year in the red they are in the black with getting rid of his contract.

On the Pats forum their is a poster who is an expert at all the cap stuff. When he posts I will post whatever he says. The guy knows every little rule/detail on the cap.
4th rounder...

I'd be insulted if I were mankins.

You being serious?

I'm feeling a lot of dolphin love in here so I'm gonna go read about them and see if like what read! Who's the youngest team? And who is that sexy man pulling me in!

You can hate the Pats all you want but do yourself a favor and don't be a Dolphins fan.

Duxxy3

On the Pats forum their is a poster who is an expert at all the cap stuff. When he posts I will post whatever he says. The guy knows every little rule/detail on the cap.

You being serious?

After busting ass year after year, making probowl every year, and then to be traded for a 4th rounder and some tight end that wasn't even drafted.

MechDX

Texans. And that sexy, blonde Adonis is the best defensive player in football: Justin James Watt. Yoou also get the athletic freak Jedaveon Clowney as a bonus.

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN · 5m
J.J. Watt wins #Texans 4th annual "Spirit of the Bull Award".He's raised over $600,000 this year for middle school after school activities

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 4m
Watt accepts "Spirit of the Bull" award from McNair for his off-the-field, charitable contributions here and in Wisconsin. #Texans

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN · 4m
J.J. Watt finishes his speech with "I sure hope I can stay here for a long long time" - good roar and laugh from the crowd.

Awesome and humble.

TheFatOne

After busting ass year after year, making probowl every year, and then to be traded for a 4th rounder and some tight end that wasn't even drafted.

The probowl is strictly a popularity contest. Guy is on the decline, and has already had knee injuries. There's simply no way the Pats were going to get a second for him, and the chances they even get a third are slim. Did you watch Mankins at all the last couple of years? He's good in the run game, but he isn't nearly the pass protector Pats fans would have you believe he is. Now if the backups are worse than Mankins the Pats should certainly be crucified for this move, but if they move Cannon to his spot they should be fine.

Top Bottom