• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

We're still a better team than the Eagles.

We will see, I am not even high on the Eagles but I think the Pats are definitely on their way down. Trading away good players, even if they are on the decline, just to save money is never a good idea.

No way do you really believe that the Pats are a better team. Eagles might have a QB, Foles was miles better then Brady last year, plus it will be his second year in the system. Hopefully the D will be improved as well. The Eagles needle might be pointing up, where as the Pats needle is definitely pointing down.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 48s

Broncos trade for K Brandon McManus, who was going to be waived by the Giants.

Curious to see what we got for him. Probably a 6th or 7th rounder. Sorry Eagles fans.
Not really.

Colasante

The Onion, brilliant as always.

70uOfjK.png

Bread

Banned
No way do you really believe that the Pats are a better team. Eagles might have a QB, Foles was miles better then Brady last year, plus it will be his second year in the system. Hopefully the D will be improved as well. The Eagles needle might be pointing up, where as the Pats needle is definitely pointing down.
You think it's ridiculous for someone to think that the Pats are better? Seriously? Why do you think the Pats are trending downwards, besides the obvious age of Brady? The defense is young and has the potential to be top 5 in the league, and everyone besides the qb is young on the offensive side.

Didn't we have this discussion months ago? You thought the Pats had one of the oldest teams in the league and were wrong by a long shot.

Spades

Fins have cut Armon Binns. Wouldn't surprise me to see him make a 53 somewhere. Our WR corps has been so strong this offseason.

We've also released Brady Quinn. I don't expect him to make a 53 anywhere
in the world

Colasante

You think it's ridiculous for someone to think that the Pats are better? Seriously? Why do you think the Pats are trending downwards, besides the obvious age of Brady? The defense is young and has the potential to be top 5 in the league, and everyone besides the qb is young on the offensive side.

Didn't we have this discussion months ago? You thought the Pats had one of the oldest teams in the league and were wrong by a long shot.

It's not worth engaging Yankee on a serious, rational discussion about the Patriots.

QB is most important position and Brady has been getting worse for a while. At some point that is going to drag the whole team down. Aslo I thought that we all learned that bringing in big name players in the offseason doesnt work. Dream team 2.0 is going to fail just like the first Dream team did.

Bread

Banned
It's not worth engaging Yankee on a serious, rational discussion about the Patriots.
Eh I respect him enough to not ignore his ignorant posts.

QB is most important position and Brady has been getting worse for a while. At some point that is going to drag the whole team down. Aslo I thought that we all learned that bringing in big name players in the offseason doesnt work. Dream team 2.0 is going to fail just like the first Dream team did.
Lol at Dream Team 2.0. Are you talking about the Broncos?

The Pats picked up 2 above average players at a position where they lacked talent, and are getting a bunch of impact players back from injury. I had no idea they went out and bought all of the best players available that's incredible!

Eh I respect him enough to not ignore his ignorant posts.

Lol at Dream Team 2.0. Are you talking about the Broncos?

The Pats picked up 2 above average players at a position where they lacked talent, and are getting a bunch of impact players back from injury. I had no idea they went out and bought all of the best players available that's incredible!

I love you to buddy. Browner and Revis seems pretty dream teamy to me. Hell gata said that Revis is the best CB in all of football.

Dragon

Banned
Yeah I don't get this Mankins thing. Seems like a salary dump but the cap hit is awful.

I love you to buddy. Browner and Revis seems pretty dream teamy to me. Hell gata said that Revis is the best CB in all of football.

I don't see what the Eagles did a few years ago and what the Patriots did this offseason has anything to do with each other. It's like criticizing the Pats bringing in Randy Moss and Wes Welker in 2007 and saying it's dream teamy. Some moves work out, some don't.

Fins have cut Armon Binns. Wouldn't surprise me to see him make a 53 somewhere. Our WR corps has been so strong this offseason.

We've also released Brady Quinn. I don't expect him to make a 53 anywhere
in the world
Yeah, Binns seems alright when he's healthy but not good enough to beat out the guys who will make the roster. The Dolphins may not have a Megatron but they have a solid corps with lots of depth. Speaking of which, I wouldn't be surprised to see Gibson lead the team in TD's if he stays healthy all season.

TheFatOne

We will see, I am not even high on the Eagles but I think the Pats are definitely on their way down. Trading away good players, even if they are on the decline, just to save money is never a good idea.

Joke post? For the first time in years the Pats are going to have a legitimate defense. Along with Gronk returning the Pats offense is going to be fine. No question right now the Pats are a better team than the Eagles. LOL Foles has had one good season which means absolutely nothing. The key word there is might. Right now you have a qb that had one good season. If we assume both teams remain healthy no question the Pats are the better team right now.

LOL at an Eagles fan talking about dream team

Yeah I don't get this Mankins thing. Seems like a salary dump but the cap hit is awful.

I don't see what the Eagles did a few years ago and what the Patriots did this offseason has anything to do with each other. It's like criticizing the Pats bringing in Randy Moss and Wes Welker in 2007 and saying it's dream teamy. Some moves work out, some don't.

Basically it is just hope, but for some reason it does seem like teams bringing in big name players doesnt work out.

We will see, I am not even high on the Eagles but I think the Pats are definitely on their way down. Trading away good players, even if they are on the decline, just to save money is never a good idea

Save money by taking a 8 million dollar cap hit on a guy who's in the last year of his contract.

K

Patriots7

What's the cap hit? I thought it's making a lot of room for 2015 for long-term Revis and McCourty extensions?

I'm gonna miss him. And as if out O-line wasn't already suspect to begin with.

cdyhybrid

What's the cap hit? I thought it's making a lot of room for 2015 for long-term Revis and McCourty extensions?

You can win with a suspect O-line!

You just need a cheap All-Star QB, a top-three running game, and a historically good D.

Striker

AdamSchefter: Broncos trading a conditional 7th-round pick to NYG for K Brandon McManus, per source. Kicking insurance while Matt Prater is suspended.

Well, okay. Can't argue I guess.

Colasante

In 2014, Patriots save $5.755 million, have $4.25 million in dead money.
In 2015, Patriots save $7 million, have $4 million in dead money.
In 2016, Patriots save $7 million, have no dead money.

Revis, McCourty, and Solder all have extensions coming up. That $7 million will go a long way.

They had a good season?

They did but I felt like we finally saw some real cracks. They didnt look like the even belonged on the same field as the Broncos. I am just hoping that the rest of their division finally gets their act together and it isnt just the Pats invitational again.

How much longer until the eagles are on top

Infinitely long. The Eagles sucking has nothing to do with the Pats not being able to win a single SB without their cameras. You and Dutch can bring up the Eagles as much as you want but I have totally made peace with the idea that the Eagles will never ever win a SB.

They did but I felt like we finally saw some real cracks. They didnt look like the even belonged on the same field as the Broncos. I am just hoping that the rest of their division finally gets their act together and it isnt just the Pats invitational again.
The Dolphins hung with the Pats just fine, their problem is the o-line was so terrible they couldn't handle teams with a decent pass rush, even if the rest of the team was awful. Hence getting swept by Buffalo, losing to Tampa, losing to the Jets... Hopefully this new o-line will keep that from being such a major issue.

No way the Jets or Bills challenge for the AFC East title. They won't be consistent enough with the QB's they have, amongst other issues.

My prediction, though? Pats will win the division again...

TheFatOne

LOL That's because their entire defense was decimated particularly up the middle. Although, for some dumb ass reason I somehow thought they were going to be able to slow the Broncos down at the time. Holy shit I couldn't have been more wrong. It didn't help that their best corner back once again went down in the biggest game of the year. If the Pats remain healthy this year they are going to be really fucking good. It's going to be the first time in a while they have a legit offense and defense.

Colasante

Without Vince Wilfork, Tommy Kelly, Jerod Mayo, Aqib Talib, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Dobson, and Sebastian Vollmer, the Patriots looked bad compared to the Broncos, one of the best teams in NFL history, in the AFC championship game. Yes, that's accurate. Does that make them a bad team, or even a declining team? No. Does it make them worse than the Eagles? No, it has literally zero to do with the Eagles.

Top Bottom