• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I apologize if this has already been discussed last night...

So Schefter is saying the league has made their decision but are deciding on when to announce it.

That some fucking bullshit man.

eznark

Banned
I apologize if this has already been discussed last night...

So Schefter is saying the league has made their decision but are deciding on when to announce it.

That some fucking bullshit man.

It's Schefter. If he is the only one saying it then it's probably complete bullshit.

ez, when are you going to tell me why the Dolphins are going to be awful this season? Not looking for a fight, I'm legitimately interested in an outside opinion.

Skele7on

Banned
Madden online is laggy as ever, I'm hoping it was because I was on a US server and I am from the UK, I wish EA would utilize the xbox servers like they did with Titanfall as I never had a single lag issue when playing.

Other than that, it's a reallllly good game and I am very much enjoying it, the new defense mechanics are so good, also lions are an awesome team this year.

Tate Bush Bell Megatron, boyyy so many options!

Dragon

Banned
Yeah pretty disappointed with the NHL demo. Felt like the players were skating through mud, the PQ is incredibly soft, I had trouble reading the player's names on the jerseys on my plasma and I sit six feet away from it. Between that and the horrible sluggish menus I'm not giving EA 60 bucks for it. I'm already getting FIFA unless that turns out to be similarly awful.

Eat
Sleep
Fuck the Jets
Repeat

For SNES:

38rsn6ho1kz2.gif

Yeah pretty disappointed with the NHL demo. Felt like the players were skating through mud, the PQ is incredibly soft, I had trouble reading the player's names on the jerseys on my plasma and I sit six feet away from it. Between that and the horrible sluggish menus I'm not giving EA 60 bucks for it. I'm already getting FIFA unless that turns out to be similarly awful.

:(

I actually was thinking of buying it because Bergeron was on the cover.

Konka

Banned
Whatever happened with underwear chick? Did I miss the conclusion of that story?

Nah it kinda fizzled out. It did end up being an Asian girl but not the person sleeping above me and some other random person moved them to there for some reason. I dunno.

Dragon

Banned
:(

I actually was thinking of buying it because Bergeron was on the cover.

Well, I'd play the game for yourself at least, I wouldn't go off my impressions.

I was also surprised that they took out the analog passing with the triggers out. I would hold down the trigger and it'd always go the same speed, very weird.

Vyroxis

Banned
ez, when are you going to tell me why the Dolphins are going to be awful this season? Not looking for a fight, I'm legitimately interested in an outside opinion.

Eh, they have the potential to be a dark horse this year. I don't see them being a 13-3 surprise, but 9-10 wins is within reasonable possibility. Probably not enough for the playoffs, but I could see them spoiling a few people's seasons in the end.

eznark

Banned

I was wondering why no one followed up.

I don't believe in Tannehill. He's fine, but he won't elevate that team. He's Schaub (when Schaub was good). Good quarterback, totally serviceable, can make most throws, not special. You either need a great quarterback or a special defense. Miami has neither. That's why I think their ceiling is 8 wins.

I think they will be significantly worse than that because they've gone with the double whammy of "get fucked" this off-season. New offense and a new offensive line. Colledge was done when he left Green Bay, Pouncey is a train wreck of a human and James is a rookie. Not real inspiring.

Add to that playing the NFC North (and getting the Bears and Lions on the road) and I just don't see how they win more than 6 games.

bionic77

The NFC North is good this year?

Quite a turnaround from last season.

I wonder if the entire NFC is better than the AFC or just their top 2 teams?

eznark

Banned
The NFC North is good this year?

Quite a turnaround from last season.

I wonder if the entire NFC is better than the AFC or just their top 2 teams?

lol, how many points do you think Rodgers would've hung on the Steelers last year if Flynn was able to put up 31? Only thing that saved you from going 1-3.

I was wondering why no one followed up.

I don't believe in Tannehill. He's fine, but he won't elevate that team. He's Schaub (when Schaub was good). Good quarterback, totally serviceable, can make most throws, not special. You either need a great quarterback or a special defense. Miami has neither. That's why I think their ceiling is 8 wins.

I think they will be significantly worse than that because they've gone with the double whammy of "get fucked" this off-season. New offense and a new offensive line. Colledge was done when he left Green Bay, Pouncey is a train wreck of a human and James is a rookie. Not real inspiring.

Add to that playing the NFC North (and getting the Bears and Lions on the road) and I just don't see how they win more than 6 games.
All of that seems fair enough.

I don't think Tannehill has earned more credit than what you're giving him but I do think there is still a chance his ceiling could be higher. He's one of the best QB's in the league when it comes to passing outside of the pocket and on the move and I think he will be doing that a lot more in this new offense. I also think he'll be running a lot more which could help diversify the offense even more. Sherman's play book was so vanilla, especially for a guy who has potential to be a dual threat like Tannehill.

You're right in that it's asking a lot for a new o-line and offense to come together in one offseason. That said, all indications seem to be pointing towards a substantially improved o-line, as these guys were all brought in specifically for the new zone blocking scheme. Don't discount Albert at LT, that is a massive upgrade over Martin/McKinnie from last year. And even though James is a rookie he has looked great so far and he's replacing Tyson freaking Clabo. To be honest I don't see how the line could be worse. Even Colledge still looks solid in pass blocking. And Pouncey might be a bad person but he's a heck of a center.

The AFC seems kind of weak again so I think Miami could pull off 9 or 10 wins potentially. They beat a lot of AFC playoff teams last year like Cincinatti, San Diego, Indy, and New England which tells me they are right in that mix, and that was with a historically bad o-line.

I don't know if the defense will be better or worse but it's a strong group. That will mostly depend on whether or not the LB's improve and how Finnegan looks this year but at worst the d-line is still stacked.

I'm not saying a disastrous season is outside the realm of possibility, though. I think the Dolphins are a big wildcard this year, lots of question marks, but as a fan I'm going to stay at least a little optimistic until reality convinces me not to.

eznark

Banned
I think they will be competitive, but I think they will lose a lot of close games.

And Sherman gets a bit unfairly shit on. He was conservative because the line was a fucking train wreck. I guess you could've gone Full Martz and killed him but that didn't work real well for the Bears when they tried it with a paper thin line.

manfestival

so this is the first year that I actually care to listen to sports talk radio (I listened to some 620 WDAE for a little here and there). Why is it that the personalities are always negative about everything? I mean, I know the bucs aren't exactly amazing right now but there is always a negative to be found in what should be a positive situation.

Dragon

Banned
so this is the first year that I actually care to listen to sports talk radio (I listened to some 620 WDAE for a little here and there). Why is it that the personalities are always negative about everything? I mean, I know the bucs aren't exactly amazing right now but there is always a negative to be found in what should be a positive situation.

People are largely negative in general. Look at what they choose to report on TV. Negativity gets people paying attention and causes conflict which makes more people tune in.

I think they will be competitive, but I think they will lose a lot of close games.

And Sherman gets a bit unfairly shit on. He was conservative because the line was a fucking train wreck. I guess you could've gone Full Martz and killed him but that didn't work real well for the Bears when they tried it with a paper thin line.
I agree on Sherman but that doesn't forgive lining Mike Wallace up in the same spot 90% of the time, never calling a QB sneak, and hardly ever calling plays that allowed Tannehill to roll out away from that garbage o-line. Also "go" and "go-go."

It was a college offense. Not sure if that's Sherman's best or he just thought Tannehill was an idiot, but it was a college offense. Lazor on the other hand is demanding a lot from Tannehill and constantly pushing him. You always got the impression that Sherman babied him like he was his son or something.

bionic77

lol, how many points do you think Rodgers would've hung on the Steelers last year if Flynn was able to put up 31? Only thing that saved you from going 1-3.
The Steelers was historically bad last year.

That doesn't come anywhere near answering my question.

The NFC North was garbage last year. Are they supposed to be better this year?

eznark

Banned
The Steelers was historically bad last year.

That doesn't come anywhere near answering my question.

The NFC North was garbage last year. Are they supposed to be better this year?

Nope, Bears and Packers will probably be .500 teams again. Not like they lost their starting QB's for significant time last year.

Does your wife even let you watch football anymore?

Tannehill's problem was the team around him was bad. Shy of very few exceptions (Pey Pey, Luck) you need protection while you grow those first few years. Throwing a young QB onto a bad team is a recipe for disaster.

bionic77

Nope, Bears and Packers will probably be .500 teams again. Not like they lost their starting QB's for significant time last year.

Does your wife even let you watch football anymore?
I love how you never answer a question. Judging by your hostility you seem to think that the NFC North will be good and not a division you want to play on your schedule. Let's see if you are right.

And believe it or not work takes up much more of my time than my wife or family. Believe it or not most jobs don't allow for people to spend all day watching DOTA tournaments when they are not watching baseball/reading every sports story or trolling people online. Personally I have never been busier at work that these past 2 years (overall a good thing).

Add in family, social shit and my weekly basketball game and I have no time for anything else.

But to answer your question (try it sometime) yes I still watch football. Just not as much as I used to, which is a shame.

Top Bottom