• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

G-Fex

Current Super Bowl odds:

Green Bay Packers 5.25 to 1
New England Patriots 6 to 1
Houston Texans 12 to 1
Philadelphia Eagles 12 to 1
San Francisco 49ers 12 to 1
New Orleans Saints 16 to 1
Pittsburgh Steelers 16.50 to 1
Baltimore Ravens 17 to 1
New York Giants 17.50 to 1
Chicago Bears 19 to 1

woohoo I like those odds

Sheeit. I bet cavemen slept with their babies to keep warm and there weren't any need issues. Parents today overanalyze too much.

When I'm a parent I'll use A-God as my model and all will be well. You'll see

bionic77

Yeah, fuck those horrible QBs lucking into a SB ring despite a terrible performance.
Don't worry dude. One day either me or eznark is going to be NFL commissioner and I can assure you that either of us will erase all of those Patriot wins from the record books. The difference being that I will replace them with the Steelers and ez will replace them with the Bengals.

I am going to send those Lizard Lick guys to confiscate the ring from Tammy and beat her ass in the process. ez is more hands on. He is going to go down there and cut it off with one of his beloved tools.

bionic77

Sheeit. I bet cavemen slept with their babies to keep warm and there weren't any need issues. Parents today overanalyze too much.

Maybe sconi kids are just bigger and stronger, but just to be safe wait until they are at least 10 to punch them in the gut.

Cavemen probably used large women to keep warm.

Something that Sconis still do to this day

Milchjon

Don't worry dude. One day either me or eznark is going to be NFL commissioner and I can assure you that either of us will erase all of those Patriot wins from the record books. The difference being that I will replace them with the Steelers and ez will replace them with the Bengals.

I am going to send those Lizard Lick guys to confiscate the ring from Tammy and beat her ass in the process. ez is more hands on. He is going to go down there and cut it off with one of his beloved tools.

I'm not sure an all-white NFL will be that interesting.

For Giants fans.. The Black Unicorn had himself a pretty solid preseason opener. He reeled in a nice TD and found himself open on a few routes where Eli missed him. There's some good blocking to open up a TD for Ware and even some solid pass protection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbB72OTA1ys&feature=plcp

I hope it carries over into the regular season. If anything, he needs to continue blocking at that level and I'll be very happy with the pick-up.

bionic77

We don't send our kids into the coal mines at 5 to wither away, so they are plenty hardy to take a punch in the gut.
True story.

Almost everyone I have met who works in coal mines or drills for oil or natural gas (this one is called fracking) is a drug addict and total baller. They all make $100k+ a year (but work crazy hours doing the shittiest work) and waste it on their down time on drugs and cheap women.

When Tebow takes over for Sanchez the jets will probably implode. Holmes and Cromartie just can't stop talking.
2013 Jets Rebuild

Dolphins linebacker Karlos Dansby voiced his displeasure at Johnson's release in an interview with a South Florida radio station Monday.

"I hate that we didn't stand behind him," Dansby told WMEN-AM on Monday. "I know the guys in the locker room would. But the organization felt a totally different way about the situation, and they probably had more information than we know. And they had to do what they had to do."

Dansby said that by releasing Johnson, the Dolphins created a bigger distraction than what would have occurred if the receiver was still a member of the team.

"It's going to be an even bigger distraction right now, I think, because of the simple fact we let him go," Dansby told the radio station. "I think if we were going to be with the guy, if he was going to be our guy, we have to stand behind him -- even though the situation came about. He didn't get that third strike."

Well, now we're going discipline our linebacker for opening his mouth and having an opinion. The horror!

cajunator

Banned
I kind of wonder how super-religious Tebow can stand being in the Jets locker room coached by Rex Ryan who is pretty foul mouthed and likes to eat womens feet. The whole thought of it is pretty hilarious.

Jets are apparently going to unveil the Tebow led wildcat against the Giants this saturday according to various NY beat writers. No phone calls from Coughlin asking not to.:D

I kind of wonder how super-religious Tebow can stand being in the Jets locker room coached by Rex Ryan who is pretty foul mouthed and likes to eat womens feet. The whole thought of it is pretty hilarious.

eh I'm pretty sure he's used to it by now. He did to go UF after all...

eznark

Banned

Guy played college football. I'm pretty sure he is used to being around cursing and sex.

brentech

A reporter asked him that exact question soon after he was traded there. As everyone has said, and he responded, he's been around it for some time now.

here, found an article regarding it with a quick search: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-to-play-for-rex-ryan-when-i-saw-hard-knocks/

eznark

Banned
Watch North Dallas 40. That will fulfill your fantasy of seeing a religious football player fall from grace in hilarious fashion.

bionic77

Watch North Dallas 40. That will fulfill your fantasy of seeing a religious football player fall from grace in hilarious fashion.
I know you don't respect much outside of John Deere tractors, good beer, and power tools, but you should make an exception to Lord Tebow's faith.

My daughter ended up in the bed because she was a breastfed baby and she and her mom would pass out during often. Getting up at night to breastfeed wasn't practical so bam - in the bed.

Weaning her from the bed was hell. My wife cried more than my daughter did.

bionic77

Ugh Adams is out for several weeks. Worst way to start the season for a rook.

Season hasn't even started and we still have no idea what the line is going to look like. I was hoping for some consistency and good play from the line, but maybe I should temper my expectations.

Hopefully they figure it out by the end of the season and we put out a kickass unit that can stay healthy. Steelers much have changed the line like 100 times last year alone...

Season hasn't even started and we still have no idea what the line is going to look like. I was hoping for some consistency and good play from the line, but maybe I should temper my expectations.

Hopefully they figure it out by the end of the season and we put out a kickass unit that can stay healthy. Steelers much have changed the line like 100 times last year alone...

Don't worry.

The line will solidify in week 16 in time for our Wild Card Super Bowl run.

eznark

Banned
My daughter ended up in the bed because she was a breastfed baby and she and her mom would pass out during often. Getting up at night to breastfeed wasn't practical so bam - in the bed.

That sounds like hell. We're in the process of moving my daughter into her bedroom (she has been in the nursery her whole life so far) to make room for the next one and it is a bear.

bionic77

That sounds like hell. We're in the process of moving my daughter into her bedroom (she has been in the nursery her whole life so far) to make room for the next one and it is a bear.
How old is yours? Is she on a toddler bed or a straight up kids bed?

I was thinking of converting the twins beds into the toddler mode (you lower it closer to the ground and have that escape hatch), but I don't think they are ready for it. And I don't want my daughter walking into our room at 5am.

I can't wait for the day they can both go to sleep in the same room. Right now I put my son to sleep in our room and my wife puts my daughter to sleep in the twins room, then once she is asleep I drop off my son into the crib.

DeaconKnowledge said:

Ugh. My wife did that with our first and I ended up sleeping on the couch more often than not cause I can't sleep with a baby in the bed.

With our second, there was no way in hell I was allowing it. Of course it's easier to say that since my wife works overnight now so it's basically me with the baby in the evenings.

Abby's been a champ though sleeping 9-11 hours a night since she was two months old but going on 7 months she's started teething and it's not been pleasant (she was up from 2am until 6am Sunday morning :( ). Finally started giving her baby tylenol which has helped.

My daughter didn't spend even one night in her nursery.

I thought it was going to be difficult to get the little one in her own room but she loved it. We did the whole thing up in girly colors and gave her a big double bed. She jumped on it a few times and she was in love.

I was so excited to get my bed back that first night I almost made another kid.

bionic77

Ugh. My wife did that with our first and I ended up sleeping on the couch more often than not cause I can't sleep with a baby in the bed.

With our second, there was no way in hell I was allowing it. Of course it's easier to say that since my wife works overnight now so it's basically me with the baby in the evenings.

Abby's been a champ sleeping 9-11 hours a night since she was two months old but going on 7 months she's started teething and it's not been pleasant (she was up from 2am until 6am Sunday morning :( )
I know that feel bro.

I think my daughter was like that from 3 months until like the 7th or 8th month when she started to sleep through the night.

cajunator

Banned

Thing is, the Steelers have had a shit Oline for like a decade and still won a few super bowls. Big Ben is a tough fucker and he can stand up to pretty much any defensive pressure that gets in his face. You dont NEED a good Oline. If I was a steelers fan I wouldnt even give a shit about the Oline.

You are gonna have a bear?

I knew there was trouble brewing in Packer-land but I never expected him to jump teams so quickly.

MechDX

My wife was very strict with both our boys to not let them sleep with us ever. Worked out very well actually. Pediatrician told us that it is a best practice not to let them sleep with you.

eznark

Banned
^ Same.

How old is yours? Is she on a toddler bed or a straight up kids bed?

I was thinking of converting the twins beds into the toddler mode (you lower it closer to the ground and have that escape hatch), but I don't think they are ready for it. And I don't want my daughter walking into our room at 5am.

I can't wait for the day they can both go to sleep in the same room. Right now I put my son to sleep in our room and my wife puts my daughter to sleep in the twins room, then once she is asleep I drop off my son into the crib.

18 months, in a crib now but is transitioning to a toddler bed. The bed is fine, I think it's being in a different room that is freaking her out.

You guys all sound like great parents.
My wife is great at it. I just reap the rewards.

squicken

There's that one and the even more famous 1985 SB where the Patriots got annihilated. After all they are 3-4 in Super Bowls.

I don't see how the Ravens, Steelers and Texans aren't just as big of a threat. The Pats beat up on a poor schedule, they have a poor schedule again this year but they got lucky in the playoffs. Having only to play one decent team. It may have hurt them when it came to the SB who knows but I fail to see why they're the only pick my good man.

Ravens and Steelers will beat up each other like they always do. Texans will miss playoffs. Pats have league's easiest schedule like they always do. Just like last year they won't be challenged till conference championship. Maybe they lose but they definitely get there.

bionic77 said:
I think my daughter was like that from 3 months until like the 7th or 8th month when she started to sleep through the night.
It's super frustrating for me because Abby had been sleeping through the night for months now. Her two bottom front teeth came in and she started to get fussy but powered through it thanks to me rubbing a little spiced rum on her gums from time to time in the evening (shit works!).

The top ones are coming in and now and she is having a bear of a time with it. Much worse. Puddles of drool, tons of fussiness and whining. I held off on giving her anything but we finally gave her some of the tylenol after talking to the pediatrician and it's made things quite a bit easier for her.

Top Bottom