• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

alex may be 6'4" but can barely grip his beer let alone a football :mad:

don't be mad about it! alex has already done great things in this league, including dominating his division and winning a playoff game. russell wilson will never have the pressure of winning or even playing in a playoff game!

but if game of thrones has shown us nothing else its that there is a career for little people in hollywood. your time will come russell!

cajunator

Banned
I like Jonathan Vilma but he needs to stop being a whiny fuck and just take the suspension.
Nobody likes Goodell. Hes probably not welcome anywhere to begin with.

I like Jonathan Vilma but he needs to stop being a whiny fuck and just take the suspension.

goddell is doing exactly what the owners hired him to do. goddell is doing this with power that the players allowed him to have. all the players need to shut the fuck up or go find different jobs. if they have issues they have no one but themselves to blame!

Narag

Yeah, I saw the picture at his restaurant. I imagine he'll continue making scenes until it culminates with him cutting a mean promo to tell the world he's put a bounty out on Goodell.

don't be mad about it! alex has already done great things in this league, including dominating his division and winning a playoff game. russell wilson will never have the pressure of winning or even playing in a playoff game!

but if game of thrones has shown us nothing else its that there is a career for little people in hollywood. your time will come russell!

well, we will see! I predict Colin Kapearnik will take over before Smith would like!

Big-E

too bad his height is that of a below average teenage girl. there are literally rides at disney land that russell wilson can't ride :(

meanwhile alex is a delicious 6'4. what a beast!

medium_alexsmithjpg.jpg

I like how she has to help him hold up his bottle of beer. Too bad beer doesn't come in juice boxes.

EDIT: Damn, late to the small hands joke.

squicken

Rams sign Vernon Gholston.

So what's up with that Squicky? Camp body?

They were down to like 6 DEs on the roster and two won't play this weekend. Just needed a guy to play the 4th Q. I mean there's two practice left before they rosters are cut. Even if Vince Lombadi was coaching there's no way he could do anything in that short of time.

Derisive comments out of NY are that he just didn't give a fuck, so who knows? Maybe one day someone can get him going

UberTag

Can't wait to tell you guys about my fantasy team tomorrow while I'm sober. Shit is off the chain.
Awesome! Looks like we will have no other thread to discuss fantasy football outside of here after all so be sure to share your team and your draft day scores.
Remember to post it in here and not the NeoGAF fantasy leagues thread. They haven't had their drafts yet so they won't be telling you squat about your team.

So does anyone think Russell will start for Seattle? I dropped KC TE Moeki and picked him up just in case.
Even if Russell Wilson doesn't start Week 1 he definitely will this season "at some point" and he's a worthwhile pickup if you're only giving up your backup Tight End to roster him.
He should be grabbed for the same reason Tim Tebow should be on a roster and not the waiver wire.

Talon

Our accounts guy was looking at LinkedIn and found Craig Krenzel's page. On his work history:

Professional Athlete, Cincinnati Bengals
Held clipboards and stole paychecks.

lol

bionic77

Week 3 pre-season! woo hooooo!

Start the hyperventilating now, PackersGAF.
If you don't win a Superbowl this year will it be time to trade Rodgers, fire McCarthy and start all over or do you want to give them one more season?

Personally I am kind of hoping for a disastrous Packers season. Me and all of the other short sellers are waiting to make a killing on the falling Packers stock. Bandwagoning has driven stock prices to an all time high.

eznark

Banned
If you don't win a Superbowl this year will it be time to trade Rodgers, fire McCarthy and start all over or do you want to give them one more season?

Personally I am kind of hoping for a disastrous Packers season. Me and all of the other short sellers are waiting to make a killing on the falling Packers stock. Bandwagoning has driven stock prices to an all time high.

Superbowl? If they don't win tonight I would trade Rodgers, fire McCarthy and burn Thompson in effigy. Packers need to go to a ball control offense! Run with CBen 50 times a game. Get the ball out of Fraudgers hands.

MechDX

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/kerry_byrne/08/21/season-storylines/1.html

Houston: Are the Texans the best team in football?

The Cold, Hard Football Facts track the across-the-board strength of each NFL team with our Quality Stats Power Rankings. It's normally a reliable indicator of overall team strength and of Super Bowl-winning potential.

Houston topped that indicator in 2011: the best, most complete team in football, with incredible strength in almost every phase of the game. The Texans finished in the top five in seven of 14 indicators, and No. 9 or better in 12 of 14. Houston boasted productive stars on offense and a ferocious defense that was easily the best in franchise history.

This was a team built for the Super Bowl: a team with no weaknesses.

Then, of course, the Texans lost their top two quarterbacks and entered the stretch run and playoffs with rookie T.J. Yates at the helm of the offense. Yates played admirably. But there was a noticeable drop in offensive production when he took over, beyond the obvious problem that rookie QBs simply do not win Super Bowls.

But Schaub and oft-injured star wideout Andre Johnson are back. And the defense excelled even without Mario Williams, who is now with Buffalo.

The best team in football through the first 13 games of 2011 appears ready to stake its claim as the best team in the game in 2012.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...21/season-storylines/index.html#ixzz24NkAvcfq

Hype rising....I've waited ten gawd damn years for some real hope! 10 fucking years....the Carr Era, 2-14, 6-10, prolific offenses with no freaking defense.

For the love of god let us have some real damn success!

bionic77

Superbowl? If they don't win tonight I would trade Rodgers, fire McCarthy and burn Thompson in effigy. Packers need to go to a ball control offense! Run with CBen 50 times a game. Get the ball out of Fraudgers hands.
I like the way you think.

If you can't play 2012 style football then go back to the fundamentals of football pre-WW2. I have heard the same advice from many Steelers scholars.

bionic77

400px-Singlewingformation_vs5.gif

The way the game was meant to be played.
With 22 undersized white players?

Yeah I guess you need the right personnel to play that era of football. You will probably have to fire the entire medical staff as well and hire a bunch of medicinal healers who treat everything with cigarettes and hard liquor.

I guess you've missed all of Harrell-gate? Have your Amish brethren not allowed you touch a computer the last month?
Oh yeah, that.

Well I have this brain, you see, which I tend to use for reason and higher cognitive functioning, so Harrell's noodle arm and happy-to-be-here attitude doesn't really bother me.

We go as far as Fraudgers takes us.

We've got a QB and OC with head coaching experience that could replace them. We'll take em off your hands.

Imagine Flacco in Green Bay. Joe Cool plays on the Frozen Tundra...let's make this happen today.

bionic77

We've got a QB and OC with head coaching experience that could replace them. We'll take em off your hands.

Imagine Flacco in Green Bay. Joe Cool plays on the Frozen Tundra...let's make this happen today.
Don't be ridiculous. Joe Flacco is the best quarterback in the league (both he and his mom believe ir so it must be true), fraudgers is just a backup one-hit wonder.

Top Bottom