• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbob

10 wins should get the Bears in the playoffs. So they only need to beat GB or Detroit. Still, unless the offense picks up I won't feel good about it.

jmdajr

Yeah, it's the fans. I don't want to call anybody out, but it's usually a fan or a couple of fans that make the thread turn on a team. You guys are just casualties of it. :(

I think, normally, everyone would be happy for a team that was down on their luck for a while to get up and become one of the better teams.

Lions game changed everything IMO.

Legit animosity.

I still don't understand why some people hatin on the Texans outside of the general forum hate. Who was the fan that made you guys hate us so much? Tell me, so I can cast him into the abyss.

Also, I just got amazing odds on the Jets making the playoffs. Take em? It seems like they could do it...

I just troll the Texans.

Doorman

Fuck that. We aren't winning any of these last three games. What we are going to do is move up to the fourth or hopefully third if the Eagles can get one more win, pick in the draft. You can have win #5 buddy, gratz!
No way man, we are WAY better at losing shitty games like this. I expect the Cards to come back with a bit of fire after the public drubbing they're going to take all week long, and after that loss everybody expects the Lions to go in and win, which of course means they won't. We are fully back in the "Same Old Lions" mode, and that means that we do not win on the road. I'm not even saying this for draft pick hopes (because frankly, I don't give a shit about our draft position, it won't matter so long as this coaching staff is what takes in our talent), I just think it would be just like the Lions to go into the home of a downtrodden team like the Cards and blow yet another game.

I still don't understand why some people hatin on the Texans outside of the general forum hate. Who was the fan that made you guys hate us so much? Tell me, so I can cast him into the abyss.

I don't hate Texan fans. My only negative feeling there is bitter jealousy that they managed to suck for a few years and have now put it together to become a good team. The Lions, meanwhile, suck for a few decades and never meaningfully improve. That success only amplifies our failures.

exarkun

10 wins should get the Bears in the playoffs. So they only need to beat GB or Detroit. Still, unless the offense picks up I won't feel good about it.

Beat GB? Couldnt even stop one guy with like 12 guys in the box or whatever the bears were trying to do this weekend. They probably win like one more game.

edit: Doorman, if you guys don't make it then buy a Texans car flag and root for us! Matrix said he'd buy everyone one...oooo wait.

Doorman

When other teams' fans hate your team you know you've arrived.

As a Lions fan I have to say that's totally untrue. The only place we've arrived at is the same place that we've always been, record-wise, but now everybody hates us as the dirty overrated team rather than the comical bumblers that used to at least garner some sympathy.

MechDX

Dont blame me.

He is talking about me and I dont have an issue with it.

I have faith in my team and even though they kick me in the nuts numerous times I always come back. Do I talk shit? HELL YEAH! What is the point of being a fan if you are not at least somewhat vocal about it? After almost 20 years of no football and mediocre playing I have every right to be.

jmdajr

Having Suh hasn't helped Lion fans.

Current season reminds me of 2010 Texans. Cant close games.

Random note:
Not a single roughing the passer penalty on Brady. I am fucking impressed.

I'm sorry Houston and Atlanta fans.

GcKon.jpg

Mrbob

^^^^^^

Yeah they looked great against the Giants last year in the playoffs!

Wow at that NFL.com headline. The mothership going after the Texans and Falcons, damn.

exarkun

Goddamn, that is fucking harsh.

When was the last time we had two teams with records like ours and Atlanta and literally got tons of shit from the media? I can't think of one.

The other thing is: my god at the raiders. So, so bad. I didn't they could be worse than they were last year. Firing Cable was the worst thing ever. #Summers

That's an Adam Schein piece. He is a master troll in all of the right ways. Always over the top and pot-stirring but grounded in reality.

Smokey

It is hilarious seeing fraud thrown around so much when this thread has been killing the term for weeks now lol

SUPER FRAUDS

yet #2 and #3 in NFL.com own power rankings!

jmdajr

Goddamn, that is fucking harsh.

When was the last time we had two teams with records like ours and Atlanta and literally got tons of shit from the media? I can't think of one.

The other thing is: my god at the raiders. So, so bad. I didn't they could be worse than they were last year. Firing Cable was the worst thing ever. #Summers
Texans are considered boring, low end market team. Media is happy to watch em fail. Sucks but thats how it is.

MechDX

It is hilarious seeing fraud thrown around so much when this thread has been killing the term for weeks now lol

SUPER FRAUDS

yet #2 and #3 in NFL.com own power rankings!

Falcons and Texans use this as motivation. Texans vs Falcons Superbowl!

Bowser

The only thing I have left this season is my offseason avatar bet with beast! Regular season wins between Panthers and Lions. Looked like when the Lions were 4-4 and the Panthers 2-6 beast was gonna win hands down, but now both teams are 4-9 and it comes down to these last 3 games!

C'mon Panthers! Let's have beast sport a Cam avatar for 6 months!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom