• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

If Chip goes back seems like he's burning alot of bridges, in 2 years he's pretty much pulled this with 3 teams. I seriously hope no team gives him another chance. Maybe I'm just bitter.......no I am Bitter. I hope Oregon sours on this song and dance too. Fuck you chip.

Slo

1: Frazier knew our odds of beating the packers, and decided to save his preferred choice at QB and threw Webb under the bus. Which is fine since Ponder is a decent QB, while Webb is flat out dog shit. And now we can get rid of him.

I'm not even going to acknowledge the conspiracy theory, but we need to bring in somebody to compete with Ponder for the job. I'd personally like it to be Alex Smith. That seems like a good fit.

2: We desperately need to work on our receivers. Simpson is alright, Wright has shown some talent in his first year, and Rudolf is great when he can break away. But we need to focus on them more because as we saw last night, when you have Peterson carrying the entire offense it becomes painfully easy to shut us down. And speaking of Peterson....

I think Jenkins has finished stronger than Simpson. For all of Simpson's athletic gifts, he not much of a WR. You never see him making the acrobatic catches, more often then not he's dropping the balls that hit him in the chest. Might as well put Joe Webb in his spot if all it takes to be a WR is athletic potential. Wright might be a servicable a slot guy or in running the Percy Harvin package. The rest are pretty garbage.

3: Our pass D blows ass. Seriously. Any halfway decent QB with a mediocre receiver can bomb it down the field on us over and over again to get to the red zone. It's been this way for years it seems, and needs to stop. Our run D is awesome, however.

I actually like our young secondary. Harrison Smith can play, and Sanford played much better this year. Cook, Jefferson, and Robinson I'm excited about. Winfield will retire, and we need to cut Sherels. Sad because he's a great story from my home town. Asside from Greenway, our LBs aren't great. Yesterday the real problem was we had no pass rush.

And now, looking towards the off season....

1: Dump Harvin. The guy is great, but way to fragile. See if we can find anyone who would give us something for him, and if not send his ass packing. We have other receivers we can build up.

2: Don't even bother trying to trade Webb, just tell him to pack his shit and gtfo. Nobody will want him after that miserable showing, and I mean nobody. The guys isn't even worthy of being a practice squad member. He is just flat out bad. Why we passed on Rosenfels for that clown, I have no idea. But now we have paid the price.

3: Adrian He-Cant-Be-Human Peterson. The man is a running machine. He is the biggest asset on the Vikings offensive line. He is also very, very valuable. If the Vikings are smart, they will look to other spots on the roster than are in need of improvement, and put Peterson on the auction block to see what they can get for him while his stock is red hot. Losing a running back that great would hurt, but if we can fill other spots that are more in need than RB it might be a trade worth making.

Agreed. Agreed. You're fucking nuts. AD is an icon here and the only reason we're selling tickets. He's going to retire a Viking legend, even if he spends a few years chasing a ring elsewhere. We have him locked up with the fat contract. Let's keep him until he's not happy and then Kevin Garnett him to a contender.

Wes

venison crêpe
If Chip goes back seems like he's burning alot of bridges, in 2 years he's pretty much pulled this with 3 teams. I seriously hope no team gives him another chance. Maybe I'm just bitter.......no I am Bitter. I hope Oregon sours on this song and dance too. Fuck you chip.

I will no longer appreciate Oregon cheerleaders as much as I have done previously.

Bowser

I do think if Chip Kelly stays at Oregon he'll be hard pressed, at least in the near future, to be able to get an NFL job. Can only pull this routine so many times before teams start to wise up.

Sanjuro

Was at the pub the other night, had no idea what the fuck was going on with Vikings. Didn't hear about Ponder, so assumed they were doing some terrible wildcat nonsense.

KingGondo

Banned
I was hoping that the Browns would get Marrone if they didn't get Kelly.

Who do they go after now? Not many great options out there.

@RapSheet
Push coming from #Oregon booster Phil Knight, I hear. 1 factor pulling Chip Kelly back to Oregon. Eagles, Browns regrouping. No decisions

Fuck boosters. That is some shady stuff.

they tried to do this to us with harbaugh too. stanford came in and offered to make him the highest paid college football coach and they did the full court press on harbs with the boosters and everything else so a lot of people said harbs would be staying at stanford.

chip kelly will be in the NFL next year, don't worry brother!

Bowser

AdamSchefter: So Cleveland is restarting its HC search while Chip Kelly must decide whether to go to Philadelphia or remain at Oregon.

It sounds like Kelly is completely out of the discussion for the Browns

Drakeon

they tried to do this to us with harbaugh too. stanford came in and offered to make him the highest paid college football coach and they did the full court press on harbs with the boosters and everything else so a lot of people said harbs would be staying at stanford.

chip kelly will be in the NFL next year, don't worry brother!

Yep, it reminds me a lot of the circus surrounding Harbs hiring. I guess it all depends on if Joe Banner and Jimmy Haslam can close a deal like Jed York and Trent Baalke could.

Pz1b9.png

Lindley like performance from Webb last night. I couldn't even finish watching the game because of how bad he was

I wonder how many Ravens players are secretly glad to be rid of Lewis after this season.

They must be getting tired of hearing about him and Reed all the time.

Chip did this exact same thing last year. It sounded like him to TB was a done deal and he pulled out at the last second for more money. If he stay in college no pro team should fall for this again. I really hope the Eagles start their other interviews now. Waiting for Chip is stupid.

I'm sorry BrownsGAF. This was your moment to shine, and now looks like it isn't going to happen. Hopefully the warm, gentle embrace of Lovie Smith will help heal your wounds.

eznark

Banned
Browns should slow down now and take their time. Interview playoff coaches. Bring in Gruden! Lets pretend like they are in on the Jaw now too!

squicken

I wonder how many Ravens players are secretly glad to be rid of Lewis after this season.

They must be getting tired of hearing about him and Reid all the time.

I have no doubt Flacco is. Hard to be the QB when fans and media think your job is just not to screw it up, even when D hasn't been dominant is quite awhile

Browns should slow down now and take their time. Interview playoff coaches. Bring in Gruden! Lets pretend like they are in on the Jaw now too!

The good one or the one on TV?

Wes

venison crêpe

Sounds like a good idea to me. As long as in the meantime we don't sign Lombardi.

KingGondo

Banned
I think Lovie is the best candidate out there now.

At least he has consistently won, even if his offensive mind leaves something to be desired.

At least the Browns have talent on D to build from as a baseline.

effzee

Still a lot of candidates left. Plus now that we might get Kelly I'm 100% sure he will be a monumental failure.

Godslay

Banned
I'm just curious how noticeable the difference will be between Lewis' two arms. Someone (I don't remember who), was saying that his injured arm was quite a bit smaller than the other arm. Could be bs though.

Bowser

Peter King piggybacking on reports from other people:

SI_PeterKing: Chip Kelly's going to choose between Oregon and the Eagles, I'm told.

Might as well have said "Chip Kelly's going to choose between Oregon and the Eagles, I've read on Twitter"

KingGondo

Banned
Peter King piggybacking on reports from other people:

SI_PeterKing: Chip Kelly's going to choose between Oregon and the Eagles, I'm told.

Might as well have said "Chip Kelly's going to choose between Oregon and the Eagles, I've read on Twitter"
Peter King is a joke.

Hey Kave, feel free to join me in the NBA thread. Thunder vs. Raps coming up!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Peter King is a joke.

Hey Kave, feel free to join me in the NBA thread. Thunder vs. Raps coming up!

Why not?

Browns fail, NHL is back so Leafs will fail, might as well watch the Raps get their shit pushed in to finish off this trifecta of sadness.

Top Bottom