• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

MechDX

He will go down in the divisionals and TJ Yates will lead you to glory!
Well ok that wont happen but its a neat story isnt it?

I hope and pray every night for Matt to get hit by a bus, shot into the sun, flattened by a bag of dicks, something...

tumblr_m6umf4lAMH1ra90n2o1_400.jpg

Mrbob

Yeah, that was a long and interesting press conference form Emery. He sounds like the Billy Beane of the NFL. Breaking down stats like crazy. Maybe all teams do this now, but I've never heard a GM talk so publicly about it.

squicken

Texans played 7 games versus 2012 playoff teams. They went 3-4. Matt Schoob in those games:

246 yards/game
7.45 YPA
67% completion %
QBR 52
7 TDs
6 INTs

Final 4 games vs playoffs teams to close out the year. Team went 1-3

236 ypg
7.22 YPA
64% completion %
QBR 48.2
1 TD
3 INT

Of at least on the surface, besides TD/INT, there's nothing awful there. Unfairly maligned?

Talon

Hilarious that Koetter is parlaying one good season as OC into HC interviews. Well, what are you gonna do when there are 7 jobs open?

Nolan makes sense though. Denver, Miami, and Atlanta he's done well with the defenses - and he always has come across as classy. Players love him in Atlanta - might be time for the old second shot.

RBH

Hilarious that Koetter is parlaying one good season as OC into HC interviews. Well, what are you gonna do when there are 7 jobs open?

Nolan makes sense though. Denver, Miami, and Atlanta he's done well with the defenses - and he always has come across as classy. Players love him in Atlanta - might be time for the old second shot.

Nolan could also bring back the suit!

nolan.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
qbr lol. but at least it only goes to 100, unlike nfl 158.3 and colleges. what is colleges actually? in college football games ive gotten it up above 800

edit; found 1261.6. how does that make remotely any sense.

Tom Penny

The problem with Schaub and most QB's that can't reach the next tier is that you tell them to put the team on your back and throw in 40 times against a good D can they productive? I'd say no the majority of the time. He's just not good enough. If someone slows down Foster he has to be able to elevate his game.

Talon

qbr lol. but at least it only goes to 100, unlike nfl 158.3 and colleges. what is colleges actually? in college football games ive gotten it up above 800

edit; found 1261.6. how does that make remotely any sense.
It goes above 200 in College, if I recall.

CrankyJay

Banned
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-...-give-up-organizational-control-of-bills.html

Ralph Wilson giving up day to day control of his team. Not sure what this means but GM is also staying, also they have a GM in waiting set up to eventually replace him

Haven't heard many good things about Russ Brandon.

Bills-GAF, what's your take?

A few things...

I'm guessing they're keeping on Buddy Nix until after the draft.

Russ Brandon has no football background...he's a marketing schmuck. We've been clamoring for Ralph to step down for years due to his age and declining health, but I'm not sure if this is much better. LOL.

We'll see though. He might actually understand you need to field a winning team to make money.

JCizzle

The dude was clearly incapable of developing a QB and offense to complement him, so I'm not sure how he'll fare trying it out again.

Talon

Peter King is saying that Bill O'Brien might interview for a NFL job.
Oh ho ho, after all that posturing last year about how he was sticking at PSU through and through?
The dude was clearly incapable of developing a QB and offense to complement him, so I'm not sure how he'll fare trying it out again.
Defensive guy through and through. Don't know if he was the right guy to give personnel powers to a la SF.

CrankyJay

Banned
Will be interesting to see who the Bills ultimately land as a new HC...despite them being a destination where no one really wants to be, they do have an up and coming defense with Kyle Williams, Dareus, and Mario Williams.

And offense with Stevie Johnson and CJ Spiller...they need a franchise QB tho.

I'm guessing Lovie Smith will be the guy.

jakncoke

Banned
Oh ho ho, after all that posturing last year about how he was sticking at PSU through and through?

Defensive guy through and through. Don't know if he was the right guy to give personnel powers to a la SF.

You had to know that was bs just in case no jobs came his way so he could trick some recruits to give up 3 years of bowls.

WedgeX

Banned
So the Lions are basically going to wipe clean all the assistants on offense, but keep Linehan? Are Plinko, nihon, and goldie still alive? Curious as to how Megatron's going to react to Jefferson being let go, seemed like he was a huge motivator for him. Although he failed in working on Titus Jr.

Fuck Matt Schaub. Just felt like it needed to be said.
Schaub is what he is. Share some hate for the o-line who can't pass protect, or zone-block for Foster anymore. Share some hate for the defensive secondary that can't cover deep routes anymore. But most of all, share some hate for the backup QB that coaches and uninspires these players.

effzee

Coaches need to curb their ego. I wouldn't mind Nolan if and only if he was smart enough to bring in a competent offensive coaching staff. I'd actually prefer a D minded coach but mixed about Nolan. And admittedly interested in Kelly or Brien right now.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Where is LJ? I need some help breaking down the pro prospects of some of these players.

OMG, the Northwestern qb just went full Sanchize. Never go full Sanchize!

EDIT: Or just go ahead and go full Sanchize, the Mississippi State guy IS Sanchez reincarnate.

Talon

Where is LJ? I need some help breaking down the pro prospects of some of these players.

OMG, the Northwestern qb just went full Sanchize. Never go full Sanchize!

EDIT: Or just go ahead and go full Sanchize, the Mississippi State guy IS Sanchez reincarnate.
Banks is supposedly the best player on this field, but I've never been overly impressed with him individually.

Top Bottom