• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

MechDX

What does this even mean

Scream a lot of monosyllabic words out his pickup truck window in between taking sips from a box of wine.

This and

Spazzing.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave you pussy, how do you feel abotu the news Banner flew to Arizona to interview a Cardinals co-ordinator and, perhaps moreimportantly, try to entice Kelly to the Browns? Sounds like they're willing to give him as much control as he wants over the roster.

I'm not well versed in coaches but everything I've read seems to paint Chip Kelly as a strong personality that could shape us up. Either way bring it on. Whoever gets hired will be given enough time to turn this around or destroy us fabulously and I'm fine with that.

When did Jon Gruden being the next John Madden become a thing? Lots of people on sports radio claiming he won't take a head coaching job because he's busy being the next Madden. Perhaps I only dreamed it in a nightmare, but he sucks.

Hunter S.

When did Jon Gruden being the next John Madden become a thing? Lots of people on sports radio claiming he won't take a head coaching job because he's busy being the next Madden. Perhaps I only dreamed it in a nightmare, but he sucks.

Nah, he is rather objective concerning good teams compared to most, positive and passionate. Talks trash about bad teams and loves candle stick dinners and long walks on the beach.
All around the best NFL comentater.

PFT's last power rankings and 2013 resolutions for each team:
Haha:
20. Dolphins: To sign Mike Wallace.

21. Chargers: To sign Mike Wallace.

22. Bills: To sign Mike Wallace.

I guess they like Mike Wallace?

Top comment is pretty fantastic:
Dolphins top target will be Greg Jennings, not Mike Wallace. Philbin will want his guy from GB who already knows his offense and will allow Tannehill to believe in his smelf.

squicken

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver
Other staff changes are expected to be announced soon by Fisher, who went 7-8-1 in his first season as Rams coach...

Not fucking around. Feels good

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/02/final-2012-power-rankings/

:jnc

26. Jets: To find a G.M. who will work harmoniously with the head coach.

27. Cardinals: To find a quarterback who will work harmoniously with Larry Fitzgerald.

28. Lions: To find more players who will work harmoniously with the penal code.

29. Eagles: To find a coach who will finally get the players to reach their potential.

30. Raiders: To find players who have real potential.

True, but I assume he's still going to be wearing it?

He might, hopefully, since Shanahan said the docs said not to worry about re-injuring his leg, he'll let go of it game time to give his leg the freedom to run around and do what he does best. They'll need him more in this game than in the Dallas game.

Either way, this is the best game next week. As much as I love the Redskins right now, I won't be unhappy if the Seahawks win. I want either of these two teams to make it to the NFC Championship game.

cdyhybrid

Well Rams need a DC now. c'mon Lovie or Rex

I dunno if Rex would need to take a DC job.

I could see him landing as a HC somewhere else, since a lot of the Jets' struggles could be attributed to the front office. Aside from his stubbornness when it came to sticking with Sanchize, I think he could be a decent HC if he has a good GM and OC.

Might depend on how long they take to fire him though. All the HC openings might be gone.

squicken

I dunno if Rex would need to take a DC job.

I could see him landing as a HC somewhere else, since a lot of the Jets' struggles could be attributed to the front office. Aside from his stubbornness when it came to sticking with Sanchize, I think he could be a decent HC if he has a good GM and OC.

Might depend on how long they take to fire him though. All the HC openings might be gone.

Was listening to something on the radio, and the guy said that if you've ever heard Tannenbaum talk, there's no way he was giving Rex orders. Rex has a really large part in the mess there, and Tannenbaum is taking the bullets. Rex will never be able to hire a decent OC since he's just fired 2 in 2 years, so it's just postponing things a bit until he's gone imo

Dragon

Banned
I've always wanted a legit deep threat.If they can keep Welker and get a big deep threat along with Lloyd and the TE's,the offense would be amazing.

They scored 557 points, and that's with Gronk and Hernandez not being healthy most of the year. I think they're fine. It'd be nice to have a deep threat, but they need to address their secondary as well.

cdyhybrid

Was listening to something on the radio, and the guy said that if you've ever heard Tannenbaum talk, there's no way he was giving Rex orders. Rex has a really large part in the mess there, and Tannenbaum is taking the bullets. Rex will never be able to hire a decent OC since he's just fired 2 in 2 years, so it's just postponing things a bit until he's gone imo

Ah, if that's the case he'd probably be stuck with a DC job. He'd be a good hire at DC for sure.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/02/final-2012-power-rankings/

The Packers one is dumb and not very well thought out. DuJuan Harris has been playing every bit as good as you need a running back to play in a pass first offense.

Our resolution should have been something about our horrible, horrible defense.

And while I know Capers isn't the one making the mistakes on defense, at some point someone needs to be held accountable on defense for how often they derp. We're nearly 2 years removed from our Super Bowl win now and our defense has never looked anywhere as good as it did then. Instead our defense has been more of a continuation of our 2009 defense.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The Packers one is dumb and not very well thought out. DuJuan Harris has been playing every bit as good as you need a running back to play in a pass first offense.

Our resolution should have been something about our horrible, horrible defense.

Taking a joke article seriously. On PFT, no less...

Smokey

Season ticket holders in Houston abandoning ship and selling their tickets to Bengals fans or placing their playoff tickets up for sale on StubHub (6,000 remaining from what I just heard)

all faith is gone lol

Bread

Banned
i wish brady was given some good receivers for once

peyton has always had guys like reggie wayne and marvin harrison and brady is stuck with guys like deion branch and christian fauria.

jmdajr

Season ticket holders in Houston abandoning ship and selling their tickets to Bengals fans or placing their playoff tickets up for sale on StubHub (6,000 remaining)

all faith is gone lol

I'm going down with the ship! I'll be there. Plus, I didn't think bengals fans traveled well.

Sucks because you have to buy game 2 tickets even if you don't get there.

yup. Goodbye 500 buckeroos.

money just gets added to next years tickets

I think the city of Dallas is happier not being in the playoffs then us being 12-4 on a slide going into the it.

My only hope is that this doom and gloom can somehow turn into a win as ooposed to going in hot and letting everyone down. Shit, same thing happened last year losing 3 in a row.

So yeah lose and it's expected... but win and "oh cool, I guess we get one more game"

Granted last year we had to claw and scratch our way there for the first time ever and this year we are pissing it away.

MechDX

Nah didnt you hear?

Ponder is an elite dual threat QB.

Texans only lose to ELITE QB's! Rodgers, Brady, Ponder, Luck and Dalton.

Season ticket holders in Houston abandoning ship and selling their tickets to Bengals fans or placing their playoff tickets up for sale on StubHub (thousands remaining)

all faith is gone lol

Good. Only way a message will be sent to Bob. It wont work though because they tickets are already paid for.

peyton has always had guys like reggie wayne and marvin harrison and brady is stuck with guys like deion branch and christian fauria.

I remember that first game in 07 against the Jets and was like holy shit this is awesome

I doubt there's a team in the NFL that wouldn't take Hernandez, Gronk, or Welker. And Brady had all 3. Add in Woodhead and Edelmann (not anymore) and he's doing alright. Lloyd is supposed to be the deep threat, but he can't get separation. As long as the first 3 are healthy, they'll be fine. Then it comes down to how shitty are our safeties and CBs on any particular day. And for the past 5 years, it also comes down to if the other team hits Brady hard once. Then he has to deal with actual defenders and the ghosts of defenders past.

I'm going down with the ship! I'll be there. Plus, I didn't think bengals fans traveled well.

Sucks because you have to buy game 2 tickets even if you don't get there.

yup. Goodbye 500 buckeroos.

money just gets added to next years tickets

I think the city of Dallas is happier not being in the playoffs then us being 12-4 on a slide going into the it.

My only hope is that this doom and gloom can somehow turn into a win as ooposed to going in hot and letting everyone down. Shit, same thing happened last year losing 3 in a row.

So yeah lose and it's expected... but win and "oh cool, I guess we get one more game"

Granted last year we had to claw and scratch our way there for the first time ever and this year we are pissing it away.

The Falcons let us "pay as they play", meaning we pay for the first game up front and then if they win, they charge us for the second game.

We also have the option of paying for both games in full and if they don't play the second game, that money gets put towards next year's tickets.

Either way, we also commit to both games but only have to pay for one upfront.

jmdajr

Texans only lose to ELITE QB's! Rodgers, Brady, Ponder, Luck and Dalton.

Good. Only way a message will be sent to Bob. It wont work though because they tickets are already paid for.

Bob will judge the season as a whole. He will see the 12-4 and not make any hasty decisions.
They will try to fix the line and see how we are with Cushing back. Granted everyone wants a competition for QB between Yates and Matt at least.

I don't know how much they will give away for higher draft picks. Still at high end of salary cap to boot.

squicken

Bob will judge the season as a whole. He will see the 12-4 and not make any hasty decisions.
They will try to fix the line and see how we are with Cushing back. Granted everyone wants a competition for QB between Yates and Matt at least.

I don't know how much they will give away for higher draft picks. Still at high end of salary cap to boot.

lol Yates. Nice story but not an NFL starter. Need to be looking for diamonds in the rough in the draft. Granted, no one in that building has any idea what a good QB looks like or how to develop one, but theoretically, under competent ownership, management, and coaching, that's what they should do

Milchjon

Season ticket holders in Houston abandoning ship and selling their tickets to Bengals fans or placing their playoff tickets up for sale on StubHub (6,000 remaining from what I just heard)

all faith is gone lol

Come on, this is embarassing. It's not like you had all that many playoff games before, and the Bengals aren't exactly juggernauts.

Top Bottom