• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

jmdajr

lol Yates. Nice story but not an NFL starter. Need to be looking for diamonds in the rough in the draft. Granted, no one in that building has any idea what a good QB looks like or how to develop one, but theoretically, under competent ownership, management, and coaching, that's what they should do

I agree that Yates is probably not better than Matt but fans here are desperate it seems.
I know you win and lose as a team but it really is all up to Matt on Sunday. Fans won't forgive him giving away the bye AND losing in the first round.

i wish brady was given some good receivers for once

peyton has always had guys like reggie wayne and marvin harrison and brady is stuck with guys like deion branch and christian fauria.
Aww, poor little Brady. I bet there's never been a QB with a worse WR/TE situation than him.

51224164_crop_650x440.jpg

I get it, though. You're warming up your Marino-esque arguments for when Brady retires and you finally admit to yourself/the world that he never really won a SB.

MechDX

Come on, this is embarassing. It's not like you had all that many playoff games before, and the Bengals aren't exactly juggernauts.

Segways, HDTV's, letterman jackets and "On the nose". 11-1 at one point and finishing 12-4.. Oh and Schaub being a pussy.

verbum

I was reading that Matt Ryan only missed two games in 5 years, not bad considering how mediocre his OL has been over the last 5 years. The OL did better this year but had some games where they disappeared.
Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning, Tom Brady have all been pretty durable too.
Has Brees been fairly free of injuries as well?

jmdajr

Come on, this is embarassing. It's not like you had all that many playoff games before, and the Bengals aren't exactly juggernauts.

Fans here have always overreacted. Got on the hype bandwagon too fast, and and the gloom and doom also.

Granted I think this org. has been pretty patient with Kubiak and co.

jbug617

Banned
I was reading that Matt Ryan only missed two games in 5 years, not bad considering how mediocre his OL has been over the last 5 years. The OL did better this year but had some games where they disappeared.

yeah it was in his second season and it probably cost them the playoffs because they finished 9-7 that year.

squicken

I agree that Yates is probably not better than Matt but fans here are desperate it seems.
I know you win and lose as a team but it really is all up to Matt on Sunday. Fans won't forgive him giving away the bye AND losing in the first round.

I do think they will win, but I'm surprised people act like the locals should just be happy to be in the playoffs. Fans can write blogs and call the radio, but the only real way to affect change is by staying away. 6k on StubHub is a good start

Except for that shoulder injury that got him traded from SD to New Orleans.

jmdajr

I do think they will win, but I'm surprised people act like the locals should just be happy to be in the playoffs. Fans can write blogs and call the radio, but the only real way to affect change is by staying away. 6k on StubHub is a good start

Sucks cause Watt and the D need fan support.

Miguel

I don't have a problem with On the Nose. Gotta let off some steam but it can't go overboard.

On The Nose has been going on for at least 2 years now. Suddenly it's a problem lol

Mellowing out on the latest loss, now just waiting til Saturday afternoon. Probably gonna have a bunch of friends over and watch the game. Including a Raiders fan and a Saints fan who would love nothing more than to see my team get crushed, just because I have a playoff team and they don't. :jnc

MechDX

On The Nose has been going on for at least 2 years now. Suddenly it's a problem lol

Mellowing out on the latest loss, now just waiting til Saturday afternoon. Probably gonna have a bunch of friends over and watch the game. Including a Raiders fan and a Saints fan who would love nothing more than to see my team get crushed, just because I have a playoff team and they don't. :jnc

It wasnt when it was the only thing. Combined with all the other sophmore distractions it has become an issue.

As for the Yates vs Schaub thing AT LEAST Yates can move and did not choke last year when their backs were to the wall. He made dumb, rookie mistakes in the Ravens playoff game. Schaub has made the same mistakes the past few weeks when they were against the wall and he is a veteran and runs with turtle like speed and reflexes.

We will lose Saturday and Kubiak will say "We just didnt execute, gotta fix that, all on me" the usual nonsense.

I texted my uncle the other day, harassing him about the Texans being frauds, because he is a huge Texan fan, and even he conceded, begrudgingly, that it was the truth. :(

jmdajr

I think the fans will boo if they go 3 and out on the first drive. Not a lot of goodwill swirling about the city. I imagine it will be the defense that is introduced pregame

Absolutely. I know the the D has given up big plays, but shit... how many possible TDs have turned into FGs by now. Must be close to a dozen.

D needs a break on the field and these 3 and outs are obviously not helping.

Given that, Bengals have only beat two playoff teams. Redskins and Ravens..and that's cause Ravens didn't Flacco.

No one says Bengals are frauds. Why? Because people just pretty much ignore their existence. But really to say we don't have a chance against them is silly. Can we win this game if Matt sucks? Maybe not but we have a chance.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm not well versed in coaches but everything I've read seems to paint Chip Kelly as a strong personality that could shape us up. Either way bring it on. Whoever gets hired will be given enough time to turn this around or destroy us fabulously and I'm fine with that.

Pretty much my sentiments too.

cdyhybrid

Pretty much my sentiments too.

Chip definitely has a strong vision for his teams. He'd need to get the right players before he could work his magic, and his offense might not look like the one at Oregon, but he's a smart guy and could probably make the necessary adjustments. He'd need someone to handle the D, though.

MechDX

Absolutely. I know the the D has given up big plays, but shit... how many possible TDs have turned into FGs by now. Must be close to a dozen.

D needs a break on the field and these 3 and outs are obviously not helping.

Given that, Bengals have only beat two playoff teams. Redskins and Ravens..and that's cause Ravens didn't Flacco.

No one says Bengals are frauds. Why? Because people just pretty much ignore their existence. But really to say we don't have a chance against them is silly. Can we win this game if Matt sucks? Maybe not but we have a chance.

Last 60 offensive possesions to end the season ended in 7 touchdowns. Offense doesnt score like they did earlier in the season Wade's "high risk/high reward" defense looks bad.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Seems the Browns will interview Chip Kelly on Friday.

Also don't know if it was brought up here but the whole Lombardi to Cleveland thing seems to have been set up by Lombardi to get his name out there.

Wes

venison crêpe
Chip definitely has a strong vision for his teams. He'd need to get the right players before he could work his magic, and his offense might not look like the one at Oregon, but he's a smart guy and could probably make the necessary adjustments. He'd need someone to handle the D, though.

I think the fact we have one of the youngest teams in the league would also be of benefit to a college coach making the transition to the NFL having no experience there before.

I'd be content with Jauron staying as the D Coach. He's done a good job. If Kelly wants to bring in his own guy I'd hope he has NFL HC experience too so he is a useful recource for him on other matters too.

All *if* he was to come to the Browns.

squicken

Seems the Browns will interview Chip Kelly on Friday.

Also don't know if it was brought up here but the whole Lombardi to Cleveland thing seems to have been set up by Lombardi to get his name out there.

He's been doing that for years. Trying to attach himself to Belichick people to get hired. He was a sideline reporter a couple of years back. He's not getting another GM job. He's just a fun guy to listen to on Simmons' podcast

MechDX

So what will you do if we win Sunday?

I figure the only forgiveness at this point is making the AFC championship game.

I wont forgive with just a win. My demands from TexansTalk.com:

Complete and utter domination. Im talking a 55-3 shellacking. An ass beating so hard their grandkids will feel it. Complete curb stomping of Dalton that makes him consider early retirement. bengals defensive almost in tears with looks of complete shock.

Anything less Im still a disbeliever.

Season ticket holders in Houston abandoning ship and selling their tickets to Bengals fans or placing their playoff tickets up for sale on StubHub (6,000 remaining from what I just heard)

all faith is gone lol

Los Angeles Texans has a nice ring to it.

ari

Banned
What time is the Bears playoff game?

Oh and remember you are 0-3 lifetime vs "the Cycle"

In what division or wildcard seed do you think the texans would make the playoffs in the NFC? Serious question.

Lets not pretend as if the AssFC south was anything but competitive for the texans. So enjoy your beat down from the bengals and prepare to sit next to me on this ride call the offseason.

In what division or wildcard seed do you think the texans would make the playoffs in the NFC? Serious question.

Lets not pretend as if the AssFC south was anything but competitive for the texans. So enjoy your beat down from the bengals and prepare to set next to me on this ride call the offseason.
The Texans beat your Bears so... wildcard from the NFC North?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think the fact we have one of the youngest teams in the league would also be of benefit to a college coach making the transition to the NFL having no experience there before.

I'd be content with Jauron staying as the D Coach. He's done a good job. If Kelly wants to bring in his own guy I'd hope he has NFL HC experience too so he is a useful recource for him on other matters too.

All *if* he was to come to the Browns.

Agreed and if he does go with a new DC I hope its someone who uses the 4-3.

jmdajr

Lets not pretend as if the AssFC south was anything but competitive for the texans. So enjoy your beat down from the bengals and prepare to sit next to me on this ride call the offseason.

LoL. We can only play the division we have. Saying all that, we did beat the Bears.
Heck I remember back in 2009, 2008 we almost beat the entire NFC North. Damn Vikings!

edit: Texans 3-0 against the Bears! Wooo.

MechDX

Lets not pretend as if the AssFC south was anything but competitive for the texans. So enjoy your beat down from the bengals and prepare to set next to me on this ride call the offseason.

13-6. Cutler "conveniently" got injured. Your field is a pen of hog shit. Bear weather, Bear Game, Bears got their ass beat.

Just saw the come-at-me-bro video from Fraudgers. Someone remind him that you don't do that after you lose. Makes you look stupid. Not as stupid as his face and moustache make him look, but stupid nonetheless.

squicken

RGIII wired for insidetheNFL told Romo "Don’t listen to what anybody else is saying about you. You’re a great QB, man."

Got damn RG3 just going deep

Top Bottom