• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
189 of AP's 199 yards vs the Packers came after contact.
:/

At least Ol' Don brought his A game

:jnc

You're putting that on the coordinator? Looking at those numbers, it's clear that Capers had them in the right positions, the players just didn't tackle.

:jnc

You're putting that on the coordinator? Looking at those numbers, it's clear that Capers had them in the right positions, the players just didn't tackle.

Saying he brought his A game wasn't sarcasm. I'm saying what you said; that in spite of how well he had people in position they still were afraid to tackle.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Or This

ray_ray.jpg
Needs a knife instead

I'd say bad things about Ray, but I fear he'd kill me. Every day that goes by that he hasn't killed again is a good day.

But seriously, I look forward to him replacing stupid Sapp on NFLN next season. I hope he's good on TV.

I'd say bad things about Ray, but I fear he'd kill me. Every day that goes by that he hasn't killed again is a good day.

But seriously, I look forward to him replacing stupid Sapp on NFLN next season. I hope he's good on TV.

I can already see the cheesy segments the NFLN producers will come up with for him.

JABEE

Damn man I thought we were cool. Reid has to say nice things about Kolb since he is still under contract, I bet he brings in Vick and grooms a young QB.

Just having some fun. You could be right in the end if Reid does "fix" him. Your entire argument was based on the notion that Reid could build a system to make Kolb into a "good" NFL quarterback.

I can already see the cheesy segments the NFLN producers will come up with for him.

As long as we get the comedy of him sitting next to Deion and Michael Irvin just laughing like fools while some other dude reads the stats from the day's games, I'll be happy. I watch NFLN the way some people watch Fox News. For the absurdity.

Bowser

A source with knowledge of Bill O’Brien’s contract tells FOXSports.com that the buyout amount is closer to $19 million than the $9.2 million widely reported.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/penn-state-nittany-lions-bill-obrien-big-buyout-for-interested-nfl-teams-010113

lol holy shit

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/penn-state-nittany-lions-bill-obrien-big-buyout-for-interested-nfl-teams-010113

lol holy shit

That's the sound of 7 NFL teams running away as fast as possible.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

lol holy shit

Jesus why are teams getting so desperate for coaches? Its as if he`s the second coming of Bill Cowher.

He did a good job at Penn St. considering the circumstances, but no way in hell is he worth 17 mil.

Bowser

Rams Update:

Jay Glazer @JayGlazer
Blake Williams, Gregg Williams son and guy running his defense for Rams this season, is OUT in St. Louis.

Jay Glazer @JayGlazer
Williams in looking for another job is telling other coaches he and Gregg Williams are gone, although decision on Gregg won't be made til he's reinstated

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Jesus why are teams getting so desperate for coaches? Its as if he`s the second coming of Bill Cowher.

He did a good job at Penn St. considering the circumstances, but no way in hell is he worth 17 mil.

An 8-4 college record is the best coaching ever done by an ex-Pats assistant.

Wes

venison crêpe
Kave you pussy, how do you feel abotu the news Banner flew to Arizona to interview a Cardinals co-ordinator and, perhaps moreimportantly, try to entice Kelly to the Browns? Sounds like they're willing to give him as much control as he wants over the roster.

He didn't look 100% against Dallas. I guess we'll find out on Sunday!

If he is indeed 100% it'll be a great matchup. I give us the edge on defense and special teams. offense we are higher scoring but got exposed a little bit last week with the Rams and their blitzes. We also are sucking in the penalty dept, that will hurt when they call playoff games even tighter.

RG3 has that "it" factor and finds a way to win. Plus we have to play on the road in DC and they are super pumped up.

Right now my call is hawks by 4.

RIP Ray Lewis's career.

One of the greatest murderers leaders of all time.

That's the sound of 7 NFL teams running away as fast as possible.

Bu..bu..bu.but! He kept Penn state together when even after the evil NCAA tried their best to tear it down and they were unfairly vilified by the biased media!

/happyvalley

Rex running scared

Rex Ryan has been eerily silent since the season ended.

The typically talkative coach hasn’t commented on the team’s decision to fire GM Mike Tannenbaum, the looming firing of offensive coordinator Tony Sparano, the new GM search or surviving the ax on Black Monday.

The team cancelled a scheduled press conference on Monday before Ryan ducked a radio interview later that day on the Jets’ flagship station.

So, where’s Rex?

The Daily News has learned that not only isn’t Ryan at the team facility today, but he flew out of town this morning. Barring a drastic change in plans, he won’t be back to the team’s Florham Park headquarters on Thursday, either.

Ryan’s trip is of a personal nature, the News has learned. All indications are that Ryan took a mini-vacation as the Jets brass figures out its next move.

The Jets likely won't make any official announcements of coaching changes until they hire a new general manager, which could happen as soon as this week. Ryan told his staff to handle their paperwork during the rest of the week, but that no official moves are likely to happen until a new GM is in place.

So, when will Ryan speak again?

According to NFL media policy, the head coach is required to address the media sometime during the week after the final game.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2013/01/rex-ryan-leaves-new-jersey-as-jets-ponder-next-move

squicken

Rams are firing Blake Williams for some reason. Defense was really good this year. No idea if Fisher backstopped him or if it was something with his dad. Weird. Hope it's a sign that there will be no complacency

DMczaf

Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

Thanks to some shrewd moves just before the end of the 2012 season, the Bucs are in the best cap shape of any team in the NFC South. After restructuring the contracts of Vincent Jackson and Carl Nicks, the Bucs are sitting at about $96.3 million. They also should add some space when carry-over amounts are factored in before free agency starts in March, because they finished the 2012 season $8.5 million under the cap. However, some of that cap space could be taken up before March, because several players are believed to have triggered escalator clauses in their contracts that have yet to be factored in, and the Bucs are likely to try to re-sign defensive end Michael Bennett and defensive tackle Roy Miller before they can depart as free agents. The Bucs also could free up $7.75 million if they release cornerback Eric Wright, whose guarantee of that amount in base salary was voided when he was suspended for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances.

tumblr_mdpov0EPrR1qfe672o1_400.gif

Top Bottom