• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Godslay

Banned
Come on, this is embarassing. It's not like you had all that many playoff games before, and the Bengals aren't exactly juggernauts.

I would argue that they are a more complete team at this juncture than the Colts, and the Ravens. I personally fear playing them the most outside of Texans, and Pats. I think they match up well against the Pats, in that they bring a lot of pressure and can be explosive on the offensive side of the ball. They are not juggernauts of course, but I think they could be formidable. I guess we will see this weekend.

jmdajr

I would argue that they are a more complete team at this juncture than the Colts, and the Ravens. I personally fear playing them the most outside of Texans, and Pats. I think they match up well against the Pats, in that they bring a lot of pressure and can be explosive on the offensive side of the ball. They are not juggernauts of course, but I think they could be formidable. I guess we will see this weekend.

Well Bengals have yet to beat/face any AFC playoff team besides the Ravens, and that was basically a pre-season game. They might be better or worse than anyone anticipates.

Hopefully Andy gets flasbacks off JJ from last season and panics.

Not everyone can be a fashionista like your boy Brady.

9088628-large.jpeg

So dreamy.

MechDX

Well Bengals have yet to beat/face any AFC playoff team besides the Ravens, and that was basically a pre-season game. They might be better or worse than anyone anticipates.

Hopefully Andy gets flasbacks off JJ from last season and panic.

Remember last year when we were all showing pics of champagne popping? We were all told to calm down and act like weve been there and we all said "well...we havent so fuck youbitch!"?

Yeah those were fun times.

Smokey

I remember saying our record would be 11-5, or 12-4 at best during the good times. Yall were talking about 13-3 or 14-2 smh. I was ridiculed on here for "not believing in my team" among other things.

What's funny is 12-4 is a good record. An improvement over last year, yet feels like a failure and such a choke job. What sealed it for me is after the Sunday game they interviewed Kubiak and he literally said "This ole boy here is happy to be in the playoffs and I know the guys are excited, and we can't wait to get to work!"

There's been some straight fire thrown towards Schaub this week. He has disappeared in in every important game for the Texans this year. I don't think that will change on Saturday.

Was listening to something on the radio, and the guy said that if you've ever heard Tannenbaum talk, there's no way he was giving Rex orders. Rex has a really large part in the mess there, and Tannenbaum is taking the bullets. Rex will never be able to hire a decent OC since he's just fired 2 in 2 years, so it's just postponing things a bit until he's gone imo

Johnson should just make Rex GM/coach.

That way he gets to keep his boy and there's no doubt who runs things.

jmdajr

I remember saying our record would be 11-5, or 12-4 at best during the good times. Yall were talking about 13-3 or 14-2 smh. I was ridiculed on here for "not believing in my team" among other things.

What's funny is 12-4 is a good record. An improvement over last year, yet feels like a failure and such a choke job. What sealed it for me is after the Sunday game they interviewed Kubiak and he literally said "This ole boy here is happy to be in the playoffs and I know the guys are excited, and we can't wait to get to work!"

There's been some straight fire thrown towards Schaub this week. He has disappeared in in every important game for the Texans this year. I don't think that will change on Saturday.

More disappointing. Texans or Lions fans?

I mean at least we made it back. It just sucks fucking up literally at the last second. Just seeing that 1st seed drop on the computer screen... ugh.

Greg

You think that's bad, wait until he comes in to play DE! Rodgers better watch his back.
he was run over by AJ Hawk while in protection, so I'd be ok with him trying his hand at D

Packers ST has been surprisingly solid this year though... I have a feeling that wouldn't be the case if he started returning kicks

Did the refs ever make an announcement about their blown call from the South Carolina/Michigan game? I want to hear what their thought process was.

First off, a belated Happy New Years to my bros at NFL-GAF!

Now Bionic, when do we start up the off-season (loser bro) thread? Have to create a home for all our future loser bro brethren.

as if the cardinals have ever had many steals over the years in the draft some franchises deserve to fail

Keim is considered to be great at evaluating talent and is well respected around the league. The problem is that Whiz's contract gave him supreme power to have final say on personnel decisions. Keim actually wanted to take Adrian Peterson over Levi Brown, he's the one that convinced them to move up in the second round for D Wash which turned out to be a brilliant move. We've actually made some excellent draft choices in the past few years and he's responsible for most of them. Problem is, Whiz ultimately held us back with many others. He's refused to draft early for OL ever since the Brown debacle and is completely inept at developing QB's. His stubbornness was a poison and this is why despite his positive coaching attributes, he needed to go.

If Keim is actually given power to act as a real GM, I'd be perfectly happy to have him at the position. Reid is another coach that likes to have a lot of power and while I was once certain we'd hire Keim for GM, I'm not so sure that's the case if we sign Reid. That said, Reid is easily the best coach candidate available and I hope we sign him. He would finally determine our next QB and hopefully groom him to a franchise level and I think he would actually address our OL, at last. From what I read, his weakness is managing the defensive side and fortunately we are stellar in that area. That said, I'm awfully worried about what could happen if Horton leaves for a HC position. Hopefully it's all just Rooney diligence and we keep him another year. Need to have him groom a replacement since it's only a matter of time before he's a HC. Still a chance he'll be ours, getting a second more thorough interview today before we interview Reid tomorrow. Think Bidwill wants to get a strong impression of what Horton's vision is before he interviews a top contender in Reid. I think Horton is a great coach and could handle the transition to HC, he just doesn't know offense and would therefore need a great OC. Get us a great OC and I'd be fine with him being our HC if we don't go with Reid.

Top Bottom