• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Striker

Prefer DE or OL personally, but CB wouldn't bother me. Who though? Will a Banks or Xavier Rhodes be there at 19?
I think they look at a mid-level FA for either LB or OT, maybe both. They usually do for positions that look awfully weak the year before - 2009 with Safety, 2008 after Cofield and Robbins were in need for surgery notably. I don't think there will be enough for a big pay day like Rolle or Canty got, though.

Even if they pick up a free agent on the line they are still drafting somebody. Every guy is a question mark on the OL except Baas because of injury (Snee), decline (Diehl), or free agency (Beatty, Boothe).

Wes

venison crêpe
What is it with Kelly that gets you guys so hot and bothered? What makes you think he can run an NFL team/offense?

From what I've read he is a good play caller and makes gutsy decisions, for instance on fourth downs.

After two years of Shurmer calling 3 yard outs on 3rd and 6, someone with a little backbone and creativity would be most welcome.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
ESPNStatsInfo
Chiefs have played 414 games in a row w/out a win by QB they drafted. Last drafted Chiefs QB to win for them? Todd Blackledge Sept 13, 1987

I don't see how Chiefs fans aren't rioting outside the stadium at all times.

They used to be a decent franchise, what happened?

Wes

venison crêpe
If Reid goes to the Chiefs is Geno a certainty at one, assuming the he doesn't stink up the combine and no other QB suddenly amazes?

Browns have had Like 19 different Qbs since 1999 or something crazy like that. It's not a Browns season without Qb controversy
Factory of Qb sadness

KingGondo

Banned
If Reid goes to the Chiefs is Geno a certainty at one, assuming the he doesn't stink up the combine and no other QB suddenly amazes?
No, he's definitely not a lock. There are some good defensive prospects (Lotulelei, Jones, Werner) and a stud LT (Joeckel) that could definitely go #1.

Dragon

Banned
To put that KC QB thing in perspective I think the last time a QB drafted by the Saints won a game for them was in 1998 with Danny Wuerffel.

jbug617

Banned
Yes, exactly correct.

slide_223104_914254_free.jpg

He would of looked good in Orange and Brown.

Can't stand Colt's biggest NFL win comes against the Pats

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Those picks would of not mattered. Browns could of done it.

Future draft picks can be traded you know.
I doubt Holmgren/Heckert would of even considered making that type of a trade without the picks we gathered. They loved draft picks and that would of set us back like 3-4 first rounders is what I'm saying. I'm not saying I personally wouldn't of done it.
Edit: what I'm saying is the old regime seem pretty stingy with draft picks if you couldn't tell

jakncoke

Banned
I doubt Holmgren/Heckert would of even considered making that type of a trade without the picks we gathered. They loved draft picks and that would of set of back like 3-4 first rounders is what I'm saying. I'm not saying I personally wouldn't of done it.

Thats cause they are fucking failures and thus why you sit with a dude that has to wear adult diapers and eats at dennys

mr2xxx

Banned

Without a doubt, Chiefs have been picking in the top 10 for what seems like a decade now and have never built anything worth while. You have to pick a QB to rejuvenate the franchise and sell tickets. A tackle for Stanzi ain't going to do it.

Top Bottom