• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Bowser

SaveOurChiefs ‏@SaveOurChiefs
Starting 2 see leaks on Andy's Staff. 3 known names so far: Juan Castillo as OL Coach, Shurmur as OC and possibly Childress as QB coach.

Was reported today that the contract for his gig at ESPN is just awaiting his final game with the Ravens this weekend...and his signature...and for a background check to ensure the bodies will never be found. I kid, Ray! I kid. Please dont stab me.

Just heard it on SC...Thx for the info!!!!

Are we arguing about if Christian Ponder is hot? The answer is....doesn't matter, he's an NFL QB, and before that, he was the starting QB at Florida State. He could look like a foot and it wouldn't matter.

Starting 2 see leaks on Andy's Staff. 3 known names so far: Juan Castillo as OL Coach, Shurmur as OC and possibly Childress as QB coach.
The gang is back together
Are we arguing about if Christian Ponder is hot? The answer is....doesn't matter, he's an NFL QB, and before that, he was the starting QB at Florida State. He could look like a foot and it wouldn't matter.
I want a handsome Qb leading my franchise, without the sharp knees

Damn that is a great staff. Eagles might have made it to a SB in 2010/2011 with that staff. :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm torn at this point I love Manti/jones, and I'm afraid of Jones injury/health history right now. I really just want to trade down. I'd add Werner/Moore into the mix. Manti could be a great face for our Defense and Afc north.
I'd love to trade down and still get one of them.

Thanks. I don't watch much college ball so I have no clue on most guys.

I wouldn't mind trading down if we could get back a second rounder.

Instead you got an old QB with arthritic knees.
Yup, and you get this thing
JoeFlacco.png

Thanks. I don't watch much college ball so I have no clue on most guys.

I wouldn't mind trading down if we could get back a second rounder.
Alot of good talent on D, plus I still want to fill my TE fantasy. I want to know how Dutch and Cajun feel.
Edit: double post smh

Hunter S.

I noticed that on NFL.com and ESPN the analysts seem pretty split on who will won each match up. Except for an almost universal agreement the Pack will win at Lambue.

Analysts have more faith in Houston, than Houston GAF seems to have.

WedgeX

Banned
Lions free agents:

DE Cliff Avril (meh)
T Gosder Cherilus (meh)
S Louis Delmas (maybe)
LB Justin Durant (I don't mind him)
CB Drayton Florence (meh)
DT Andre Fluellen (wasn't good enough to make the team last year)
C Dylan Gandy (a backup..so...)
K Jason Hanson (the man can kick, but perhaps he should retire)
P Nick Harris (let him walk, I don't care what Kluwe says!)
TE Will Heller (keep!)
DT Sammie Hill (keep)
T Corey Hilliard (meh)
CB Chris Houston (keep!)
DE Lawrence Jackson (perhaps)
CB Jacob Lacey (meh)
CB Pat Lee (I don't recall much of him)
LB DeAndre Levy (a decent MLB, just ok OLB)
KR Stefan Logan (let him walk back to the Steelers like Foote)
LS Don Muhlbach (might as well keep him)
WR Kassim Osgood (keep! has been good on special teams)
RB Kevin Smith (KEVIN SMITH FUTURE!)
DT Corey Williams (sure)

Restricted free agents (3)

T Jason Fox (no idea)
S Amari Spievey (his head just doesn't work right any more)
DE Willie Young (what happened to his potential? But he could replace old man KVB)

My condolences

Sorry for your loss.

Thanks guys.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm torn at this point I love Manti/jones, and I'm afraid of Jones injury/health history right now. I really just want to trade down. I'd add Werner/Moore into the mix. Manti could be a great face for our Defense and Afc north.
I'd love to trade down and still get one of them.

Jones' injury puts me off too. I'd go Te'o > Jones > Moore > Werner > Milliner in that order currently. Combine numbers will shake that order up a lot I would think.

I don't think we would be able to drop beyond 10 and still get one of these. Bills have said they'll likely draft a QB at 8 but beyond that I can't see much trading if any going on. It's not like last year when there's a lot of top offensive talent to be had. About 8 of the top 10 are going to go on D I would think.

Seda

I havent posted in here in a while. I kinda took a hiatus from the internet for most December as was finishing up my semester. I doubt anybody really cares what I think, but while I liked Lovie, the Bears need to start fresh right now. I'm disappointed they couldn't keep their season alive, but they still beat my prediction of 8-8 at the beginning of the season.

I really don't know who I'd want for new coaches. I hope they start to do something about that offensive line though, that's the first concern of many.

And somebody called me the most positive Bears fan on NeoGAF? Wat.

effzee

I'm happy for Juan. Hated him as DC but that was more on Andy more than anything. Disgusted when I read how he was being treated by that scum Washburn who should have been the one to be fired after the Lions loss.

How come no Marty? What happened to loyalty Andy??!?!?!?

Good staff to start with. I always felt like Childress was good for the team. He is no HC but he can coach offense.

Damn that is a great staff. Eagles might have made it to a SB in 2010/2011 with that staff. :(

Yeah well that would have meant Andy never made the mistake of hiring Washburn, going with wide 9, and just plugging in Juan at DC.

Should have left him at OL and hired a competent DC to begin with. Could have avoided a lot of things and probably still be coaching in Philly.

Andy's learned his lesson.

Don't know if you are being sarcastic or not but Juan is pretty good at coaching OLINE. He won't whip garbage into pro bowlers but give him decent players and he will have the line playing well.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
And somebody called me the most positive Bears fan on NeoGAF? Wat.

Certainly the most realistic, I gave that title to Bob because you weren't posting!

Bears fans have been spewing all kinds of idiocy for the last few months now. They also condone racism!

Milchjon

How would you feel if the Browns got Mallett and Werner?

Would you hate me?

Would turn them into my number 2 team instantly.

It's awesome to see more Germans coming to the NFL, and he's playing at a position where he might even get noticed.

Also, Björn Werner is an awesome name.

Seda

Certainly the most realistic, I gave that title to Bob because you weren't posting!

Bears fans have been spewing all kinds of idiocy for the last few months now. They also condone racism!

lol

I'll post here during the playoff games, but like any offseason, I won't contribute much afterward.

Not that I ever really post here much anyway.

How would you feel if the Browns got Mallett and Werner?

Would you hate me?

I would go Bane in Cleveland and I would not stop 'till the entire city is in ashes.

Don't worry! You might be able to root for him on your second favorite team! BelieveLand!

In all seriousness though, I wouldn't mind seeing him going to Cleveland. They have a solid D around him and he could make some noise there. Just for the love of God don't let him become a Jet! (And keep your filthy hands of my Mallett).

Tannehill's stats on the year:
Passing yards: 20th (3,294)
Completion percentage: 23rd (58.3)
Touchdown passes: 30th (12)
Average yards per completion: 22nd (6.81 yards)
Interceptions: 17th (13)
Passer rating: 27th (76.1)
Fourth quarter passer rating: 23rd (83.0)
Third down passer rating: 30th (65.3)
20-plus passes: 21st (40)
40-plus passes: T-29th (3)
Rushing yards: 11th among QBs (211 yards)
Rushing TDs: T-10th among QBs (2)
First downs: 9th among QBs (16)

The numbers that jump out the most to me are 40-plus passes and TD's. While he definitely missed some big passes this year I think this mostly speaks to just how dire the Dolphins need for a deep (and redzone) threat WR is.

The rest of his numbers aren't great but they are about what I'd expect from a rookie placed in his position (not just being on the Dolphins but also his relative lack of experience from college) so it's hard to say too much at this point. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with a little more experience under his belt (and hopefully a few more weapons) and I expect his numbers to be significantly better next year. His rushing numbers should be much higher as well as he really started to look more comfortable taking off with the ball in the second half of the season.

Also, can't wait to see Jennings in a Dolphins jersey!

Top Bottom