• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Mrbob

Idk what you mean by meh. Pennington deserved MVP that year.

2008 Chad Pennington (11-5)
67.4% completion percentage, 3653 passing yards, 19 TD, 7 INT, Wins division.

2008 Peyton Manning (12-4)
66.8% completion percentage, 4002 passing yards, 27 TD, 12 INT, Doesn't win division.

If Pennington had decent arm strength he would have been one of the best QBs of the past decade. His accuracy was so good.

Wes

venison crêpe
My feelings of the QBs coming out this class is that there's no sure fire pick of exciting prospect, but chances are at least one or two of them picked between rounds 1 and 3 will probably end up competent starters somewhere. An Andy Dalton if you will.

cdyhybrid

My feelings of the QBs coming out this class is that there's no sure fire pick of exciting prospect, but chances are at least one or two of them picked between rounds 1 and 3 will probably end up competent starters somewhere. An Andy Dalton if you will.

All depends on where they end up.

LJ11

Yeah by the second half of the year, teams kind of picked up on your schemes and made them go on long drives. It's so miserable watching WRs barely get open and then never make anyone miss. Definitely need an infusion there, but there doesn't seem to be any big time WRs in this draft. Or really any skill players. Not even sure about RBs

Personally, I think there's some good RBs, especially if Randle declares. While this draft may not have a top end talent at WR, it's a much better class than last years pitiful group. There's a ton of depth at receiver.

It's definitely a defensive draft, but you keep seeing Te'o mentioned in the top 5 and he has no chance of going that high.

Miguel

could of solved it last season.

He would of looked good in Orange and Brown.

Can't stand Colt's biggest NFL win comes against the Pats

Those picks would of not mattered. Browns could of done it.

I doubt Holmgren/Heckert would of even considered making that type of a trade without the picks we gathered. They loved draft picks and that would of set us back like 3-4 first rounders is what I'm saying. I'm not saying I personally wouldn't of done it.
Edit: what I'm saying is the old regime seem pretty stingy with draft picks if you couldn't tell

*shakes head*

Personally, I think there's some good RBs, especially if Randle declares. While this draft may not have a top end talent at WR, it's a much better class than last years pitiful group. There's a ton of depth at receiver.

It's definitely a defensive draft, but you keep seeing Te'o mentioned in the top 5 and he has no chance of going that high.
Rotoworld had their mock draft up today and had Te'o falling to the Giants at 19.

What do you think of Te'o?

Bread

Banned
I think Chandler Jones should win.
he was the droty in the first half of the season, then he got injured and did jack shit when he came back. i hope this week off gets him back into how he was playing earlier, we need him and cunningham to play very well in order for us to get to the super bowl.

Bowser

Personally, I think there's some good RBs, especially if Randle declares.

MgAPj.Em.156.jpeg

He would be a beast on a team like the Packers

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Of course, that's not always a sure thing. Generally speaking there's at least one. The 2007 NFL Draft more or less had zero quality quarterbacks.

eznark

Banned
What is the book on that Tajh dude. I've never seen anything like the game he put up this week (79 "action" plays on offense, are you kidding me?!!) but he seems too slow in every aspect to be seriously thought of as an NFL prospect. Is that the consensus?

LJ11

What do you think of Te'o?

I'm not an expert, I always tell you guys that, but I've watched a lot of Te'o.

Easily his best season, easily his biggest improvement year over year. What a shitty fucking tackler before this year. Went around blocks and stuck out his arm. He'd shoot the gap, and stick out his arm, just sloppy. Vastly improved in that area, no longer lunging at ball carriers. Poor job getting off blocks. Over pursued and took bad angles

Was kept pretty clean this year, Nix/Tuitt had a lot to do with that, but he improved in all areas I feel.

Did a good job blitzing this year, but still don't see the speed or timing to make him stand out in that area, but he improved for sure.

Main issue, coverage. Don't believe the int stats, lots of batted or tipped balls, balls thrown right at him. These D coordinators hide these LBs, never falling for it again. Ro McClain is the biggest example. Have him play a short zone/robber/rat whatever you want to call it, don't let him range and you can cover up his flaws, especially if he's intelligent and knows when to switch off. Danny Spond is ND's cover LB, he gets locked up on the TE's and WRs.

Te'o improved big time, good sign if you ask me, but I just don't know if he has more room to grow.

What is the book on that Tajh dude. I've never seen anything like the game he put up this week (79 "action" plays on offense, are you kidding me?!!) but he seems too slow in every aspect to be seriously thought of as an NFL prospect. Is that the consensus?

Tajh Boyd? I've watched a lot of Clemson the last two years, they and Bama are kind of the teams I like to watch every Saturday. Boyd is the biggest fucking tease in football. Can look absolutely dynamite one series and complete shit the next. Crap pocket presence for the most part. Can throw a great deep ball, followed by deep ducks to DBs. If he could only play consistently. Some of it is mechanics, some of it is mental (locking on and not moving his eyes or going through reads). Only watched him 3 teams this year, I just couldn't stay interested after the FSU game.

Ellington is a guy I really like. Can catch, pass block, great speed, would be great in a zone heavy system like Texas/Seattle/Skins. No one really talks about him, but I love his tools and what he shows, great vision and patience. Someone is going to get a good player in the 2nd round.

EDIT: Arthur Brown is a guy you keep hearing about but I honestly didnt watch much of KState because every time I tuned in they were already ahead by multiple scores so I would you usually turn it off or switch to something else. Didn't do a good job watch CFB to be honest, couldnt keep interested

effzee

Trotter calls out Reid for his play-calling and in game coaching. Nothing new but something a lot of fans, myself included, have been complaining about well since forever:

"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching," Trotter told Missanelli and ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

"Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games," Trotter continued. "Time outs, running the football, you know."

His play-calling decisions also affected the psyche of the defensive players and coaches, according to Trotter.

"As a defense, we understood we passed the ball too much. You know, there's times we're sitting over there like, 'Man, listen. Just get us a couple of first downs so we can get a break.' And I'm sure it frustrated Jim Johnson also."

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pattisonave/Former-Eagle-Jeremiah-Trotter-rips-Andy-Reids-coaching-abilities.html?mr=1&submit=Vote&oid=3&185427722=Y&pid=185427722&cid=8500281

Report: Eagles On Kelly's NFL Wish List

Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports is reporting that Oregon head coach Chip Kelly has narrowed his NFL wish list down to two teams - the Eagles and Browns.
Earlier reports suggested Kelly was also garnering interest from the Bills, but it appears that interest is not mutual. According to LaCanfora, there still remains the possibility that Kelly remains at Oregon, where he has compiled a 45-7 record in four years as head coach. If the Eagles meet with Kelly, it will likely be after Thursday night’s Fiesta Bowl in Phoenix, where Kelly’s Ducks will play Kansas State.

eznark

Banned
Tajh Boyd? I've watched a lot of Clemson the last two years, they and Bama are kind of the teams I like to watch every Saturday. Boyd is the biggest fucking tease in football. Can look absolutely dynamite one series and complete shit the next. Crap pocket presence for the most part. Can throw a great deep ball, followed by deep ducks to DBs. If he could only play consistently. Some of it is mechanics, some of it is mental (locking on and not moving his eyes or going through reads). Only watched him 3 teams this year, I just couldn't stay interested after the FSU game.

Ellington is a guy I really like. Can catch, pass block, great speed, would be great in a zone heavy system like Texas/Seattle/Skins. No one really talks about him, but I love his tools and what he shows, great vision and patience. Someone is going to get a good player in the 2nd round.

EDIT: Arthur Brown is a guy you keep hearing about but I honestly didnt watch much of KState because every time I tuned in they were already ahead by multiple scores so I would you usually turn it off or switch to something else. Didn't do a good job watch CFB to be honest, couldnt keep interested

Ya. Did you not watch the LSU game? I'd suggest going back and watching it. He's garbage-to-gold in the same damn series, sometimes in the same play! Kind of reminded me of McNair or Big Ben at times (Jamarcus at other times!) with his ability to keep plays alive and make awkward but strong throws. He gets bailed out a ton by Hopkins, who is legit awesome.

LJ11

LJ11, I just want to say I love and appreciate your analysis brah.

Thanks, I'm just an average guy watching football, sometimes I pick up on things and it's always good to share it with others. Biases are always there so it's good to exchange observations with others.

I wasn't much of Harrison Smith fan last year, thought he was limited but he had a very good year, so you never know with any of these guys.

Jim Leonhard was crap in a Tampa 2 system, quality starter in Rex Ryan's system, coaching/system can play a pretty significant roll making projection even harder than it already is.

Ya. Did you not watch the LSU game? I'd suggest going back and watching it. He's garbage-to-gold in the same damn series, sometimes in the same play! Kind of reminded me of McNair or Big Ben at times (Jamarcus at other times!) with his ability to keep plays alive and make awkward but strong throws. He gets bailed out a ton by Hopkins, who is legit awesome.

Yeah, I watched, had a very good game. Clemson is stacked with offensive skill players, Hopkins/Watkins/Ellington/Ford/that soph back whose name I'm forgetting at the moment. Fun team to watch when everything is going right, complete opposite when it isn't.

Really liked Dwayne Allen last year, remember telling Futurevoid or someone who was interested in TE's that I thought he as a better overall TE than Fleener and so far it looks to be the case. More upside with Fleener though.

Top Bottom