• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
No, he's definitely not a lock. There are some good defensive prospects (Lotulelei, Jones, Werner) and a stud LT (Joeckel) that could definitely go #1.

Werner was really underwhelming in the Orange Bowl. I know its just one game, but he really lacked the killer speed you need from a guy rushing off the edge. Kind of reminds me of the hype Chris Long got coming out of college and what a disappointment he's been.

If/When Andy Reid goes to KC you can be assured he will be drafting his QB of the future, most likely Geno Smith, and start him day one. Say what you want about Andy but he's a hell of a QB coach and can make mediocre guys look good in his system.

QB (Time spent in Miami) Record

Jay Fiedler (2000-2004) 36-23
Damon Huard* (1998-2000) 1-0
Ray Lucas (2001-2002) 2-4
Brian Griese (2003) 3-2
AJ Feeley (2004) 3-5
Sage Rosenfels (2002-2005) 0-2
Gus Frerotte (2005) 9-6
Joey Harrington (2006) 5-6
Daunte Culpepper (2006) 1-3
Cleo Lemon (2006-2007) 1-7
Trent Green (2007) 0-5
John Beck (2007) 0-4
Chad Pennington (2008-2010) 12-8
Chad Henne (2008-2011) 13-18
Tyler Thigpen (2010) 0-1
Matt Moore (2011) 6-6
Ryan Tannehill (2012) 7-9

* Huard had more starts I believe, but only 1 after Marino retired.

MechDX

Gator's worst crime was gambling away his awesome avatar.

Google search his name and all his avatars are on the top line.

ibdZzwRBQpZyBp.png

Doorman

Lots of talk around Detroit today about GM Martin Mayhew's top-secret end of year nuclear bunker meeting that was held last night, and having heard the quotes, and his assessment of the team and its needs, it's only made me more infuriated that none of the major personnel were canned at the end of the year. He mentioned that we'll need more O-line depth, a "shifty" running back and offensive playmaker, that we need playmakers on the defensive side of the ball i.e. people who can intercept, rush the passer, force fumbles, make those key third-down stops that we seemed to miss all year.

So if we look at the team at 4-12, and say that we lack playmakers on the offensive and defensive sides...just what the hell has Mayhew been doing the last four years?! Either he has completely failed to evaluate and bring in talented players to the team and should be fired, or if he wants to keep his job and we assume that he knows what he's doing, then it means that Schwartz and the coaching staff have done a shit job of coaching up the players he's giving them, and either Schwartz or the coordinators should be out. Instead, the weight of the team's failure falls on...nobody? All the offensive position coaches but NOT Linehan? Same coaching staff, same draft strategy, same results. At least I clearly know what to expect.

No playoffs this year, no playoffs next year, no Super Bowl under Schwartz. I'm only being proven more and more correct every day.

cdyhybrid

Lots of talk around Detroit today about GM Martin Mayhew's top-secret end of year nuclear bunker meeting that was held last night, and having heard the quotes, and his assessment of the team and its needs, it's only made me more infuriated that none of the major personnel were canned at the end of the year. He mentioned that we'll need more O-line depth, a "shifty" running back and offensive playmaker, that we need playmakers on the defensive side of the ball i.e. people who can intercept, rush the passer, force fumbles, make those key third-down stops that we seemed to miss all year.

So if we look at the team at 4-12, and say that we lack playmakers on the offensive and defensive sides...just what the hell has Mayhew been doing the last four years?! Either he has completely failed to evaluate and bring in talented players to the team and should be fired, or if he wants to keep his job and we assume that he knows what he's doing, then it means that Schwartz and the coaching staff have done a shit job of coaching up the players he's giving them, and either Schwartz or the coordinators should be out. Instead, the weight of the team's failure falls on...nobody? All the offensive position coaches but NOT Linehan? Same coaching staff, same draft strategy, same results. At least I clearly know what to expect.

No playoffs this year, no playoffs next year, no Super Bowl under Schwartz. I'm only being proven more and more correct every day.

Don't worry, you guys are only being held back by your lack of good football players!

Sherm's not scared of anyone. He's got a bit of confidence.

Eagles Set To Interview McCoy Sunday

The Eagles remain busy in their hunt for a new head coach, lining up a meeting with one of the biggest names on the market.

The team has confirmed reports that officials are scheduled to meet with Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy on Sunday in Denver regarding the Eagles’ head coaching vacancy.

McCoy, 40, has helped lead the Broncos to a 13-3 record and the No. 1 seed in the AFC playoffs behind an offense led by quarterback Peyton Manning. The Broncos rank fourth in the league in total offense and second in scoring offense.

On Wednesday night, the Eagles interviewed Falcons defensive coordinator Mike Nolan and special teams coordinator Keith Armstrong.

Didn't Pennington go 11-5 after a 1-15? Meh at Andrew Luck...

Idk what you mean by meh. Pennington deserved MVP that year.

2008 Chad Pennington (11-5)
67.4% completion percentage, 3653 passing yards, 19 TD, 7 INT, Wins division.

2008 Peyton Manning (12-4)
66.8% completion percentage, 4002 passing yards, 27 TD, 12 INT, Doesn't win division.

jakncoke

Banned
Idk what you mean by meh. Pennington deserved MVP that year.

2008 Chad Pennington (11-5)
67.4% completion percentage, 3653 passing yards, 19 TD, 7 INT, Wins division.

2008 Peyton Manning (12-4)
66.8% completion percentage, 4002 passing yards, 27 TD, 12 INT, Doesn't win division.

Pretty he was complementing Pennington and dogging Luck

2268581_o.gif

Doorman

Don't worry, you guys are only being held back by your lack of good football players!

I still haven't figured out if it really is that our players suck, or if the players are decent enough and we just suck at coaching and developing them. That's what makes this all the more irritating.

JABEE

I imagine this is what Haslam will do with Chip when they meet up:

YdMhU.gif
New money.

On second thought, that Cleveland being Hell comment shouldn't bother you since you don't live in Cleveland.

Hopefully the Eagles get who they want. Banner vs Lurie. Head-to-head!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
New money.

On second thought, that Cleveland being Hell comment shouldn't bother you since you don't live in Cleveland.

Hopefully the Eagles get who they want. Banner vs Lurie. Head-to-head!

Damn right, place as far as I know is a shithole.

I just cheer for the Browns.

Top Bottom