• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Greg

Nice! I'm jealous, I've been wanting to build a new desktop for the past few years but I can't justify the cost.
I already had the hard drives/OS/monitor I needed, but everything else was 300 (260 if you count rebates). It replaced and is better than the ~800 dollar laptop I had been using previously, so I'm really happy.

The most important thing you missed today is the Rex Ryan tattoo fiasco.
:JNC

JABEE said:
Mustache is not proportional to the rest of his face.
But is it proportional to the bacon?

andy-reid-ribs-480x369.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
See this is the problem with garbage teams getting more then 2 wins in a season. You big time now Kave huh? You got taken to the grooming place and you're all fluffed up, smelling good and shining? Got some new food in your bowl? They got you that nice kitty litter from Petco and not that cheap sand from Food4Less? You watch your mouth boy. On your best day the Browns are still not better than the phins on their worst day. You senior citizen QB drafting, ugly uniform wearing, best player we got is a lineman, not even RGII wanted us, flea infested loser.

SOMEONE GET THE HELL OPEN!

Its okay. That's fine. I see the fear in your words. You're scared; you worry that soon the Browns will remove themselves from the shit spire and soon the dolphins will be kings of shit hill.

I for one welcome your eventual inauguration as kings of shit. You fought hard to usurp Buffalo as the heir apparent and I applaud you. Maybe one day you too can look down from these lofty heights and laugh at the other terrible teams as you leave them behind.

My only advice is don't get cocky. Detroit thought they were free and look what happened to them.

Its okay. That's fine. I see the fear in your words. You're scared; you worry that soon the Browns will remove themselves from the shit spire and soon the dolphins will be kings of shit hill.

I for one welcome your eventual inauguration as kings of shit. You fought hard to usurp Buffalo as the heir apparent and I applaud you. Maybe one day you too can look down from these lofty heights and laugh at the other terrible teams as you leave them behind.

My only advice is don't get cocky. Detroit thought they were free and look what happened to them.
:jnc

Kave with dat dick slap

WedgeX

Banned

:jnc

effzee

But bro, he's totally awesome at his job now, and it's got nothing to do with Peyton Manning installing the P.E.Y.T.O.N. System in Denver!

Yeah I give him credit for switching systems mid season to accommodate Tebow but of all the available coaches I want him the least. Well after Lovie.

Is Horton getting any interest from anybody? I hope whoever takes over Arizona forces him to leave due to differences so at least he is our DC.

You know, I don't think I like this side of you.

Godslay

Banned
I completely agree. Some of those games in the 90s, most of the rival games, came down to whoever had the ball last... Not to kick sand in your face, but one of the best games I ever went to in Arrowhead (one of the best games I've ever watched) was seeing Stoyanovich kick a 54 yard field goal for the win in 1997... I look forward to Arrowhead gaining (earning) respect again.

No offense taken. Those were epic battles. I hope they happen again at some point.

You live close to Jacksonville and are a gata fan yet are a Patriots fan. Is it really that hard to understand?

But I dont even like the Jaguars.I feel disrespected by being called a Jags fan.

Finally found the OG post. From small beginnings...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=42823033
10 years? Is that all? I'm not trying to hate, but teams have had longer dry streaks than the Texans for sure.

Hell imagine going to four Superbowls and losing everyone. Or being a Browns fan, or living in Jacksonville and pretending to be a Pats fan because you are too embarrassed to embrace the Jags. You don't deserve anything, and it could be worse. Enjoy the success.

Bowser

Evan Silva (@evansilva)
1/4/13, 4:06 PM
ESPN's John Clayton on #Panthers HC Ron Rivera's job security: "People inside the building think that he is going to be able to stay."

More Jags:

Also, it looks like KC gave the complete reigns to Reid:

I suppose you can infer that means he'll have say at all levels on personnel decisions etc.
Yeah I think that's the primary reason things fizzled out with us and accelerated with KC. After Whiz, we are done giving a HC that much power and I'm glad for it and it's the one comforting thing about not getting Reid. I'd still have done it because of his experience and development of QB's and also the lineup of coaches he'll bring with him. Doubt anyone else will conjure up such a group. Horton already said he very much believes in delegation.
Yeah I give him credit for switching systems mid season to accommodate Tebow but of all the available coaches I want him the least. Well after Lovie.

Is Horton getting any interest from anybody? I hope whoever takes over Arizona forces him to leave due to differences so at least he is our DC.
We easily have the most interest and he most likely will win the HC job with us as long as Bidwill isn't foolish enough to sign Haley. We are interviewing McCoy but I doubt he'd beat Horton out. Most Card fans want Horton and many did even over Reid mostly because no one wants to lose him. I've already posted I think he can make the transition to HC, I just fear that he won't be able to get a solid OC in place and that could be his downfall but if he can get Turner, I'll be pretty stoked.

No coach in their right mind would let Horton go from the D staff, he's only rocking DC for us if we don't take him as HC! Only other teams that have interviewed him are Buffalo and Browns. He had a KC interview that was obviously cancelled and I've read that Browns have two other targets in mind if they don't get Kelly. That just leaves BUF and I doubt they'd choose Horton, probably would take Whiz before they took him. He's staying!

squicken

No coach in their right mind would let Horton go from the D staff, he's only rocking DC for us if we don't take him as HC! Only other teams that have interviewed him are Buffalo and Browns. He had a KC interview that was obviously cancelled and I've read that Browns have two other targets in mind if they don't get Kelly. That just leaves BUF and I doubt they'd choose Horton, probably would take Whiz before they took him. He's staying!

There's no way he stays. It's almost insulting to interview him twice for HC and then ask him to be DC. And if 7 HC jobs come open, and the hottest minority assistant takes 10 interviews and gets no offers, then that will be trouble

Bowser

From Florio re: GM candidates

Here’s the quick summary, as it’s currently making the rounds in league circles.

1. The Jets are expected to hire 49ers exec Tom Gamble (pictured).

2. The Jaguars are expected to hire Falcons director of player personnel Dave Caldwell.

3. The Chiefs are expected to hire Packers director of operations John Dorsey.

4. The Cardinals are expected to promote Steve Keim.

5. The Panthers are believed to be leaning toward Giants executive Dave Gettleman.

Also have seen from Bolts forums that Telesco from Indy is gaining steam with SD. Would be wild if Ross gets passed over for a GM job even with all these interviews.

There's no way he stays. It's almost insulting to interview him twice for HC and then ask him to be DC. And if 7 HC jobs come open, and the hottest minority assistant takes 10 interviews and gets no offers, then that will be trouble

He doesn't have a choice, he's under contract. Only way he leaves is if another team makes him HC or if the new HC was stupid enough to cut him which I doubt would happen. I suppose if Lovie became the HC it would makes sense that he wouldn't want him as he runs 4-3 but we have no interest in Lovie thus far despite him supposedly stating he'd be interested.

Yeah, we've expected since day 1 that we'd promote Keim to GM. Reid being hired would have changed that but since that fell through, I expect him to stay. We have an interview with some Washington executive to comply with the Rooney rule and then I expect we'll hire Keim soon after.

Crisco

Banned
Panthers are gonna retain Rivera and probably make the interim GM permanent. Maybe give Rivera more control over personnel. This is Jerry Richardson we're talking about. Anyone who though he'd open up his checkbook for the hot names is crazy.

Bowser

Panthers are gonna retain Rivera and probably make the interim GM permanent. Maybe give Rivera more control over personnel. This is Jerry Richardson we're talking about. Anyone who though he'd open up his checkbook for the hot names is crazy.

I'll avatar bet you we don't hire Beane as permanent GM. We didn't hire Accorsi just to promote Beane.

I do think Rivera is staying though. And I'm at peace with it.

Marty Hurney's understudy is not getting the job.

squicken

So anywho I'll just leave my thoughts on Landry Jones. I expect A&M to make this ugly really quick b/c OU has an awful, slow defense. OU's offense can't really run, so I expect them to throw a lot either way

Jones has every physical tool needed to be a good pocket passer. Can run but OU coaches it's QBs to stay put (unless it's Bell). You'll see JFF float passes over the middle after scrambling around for no reason, and watch Jones snap off ropes from the hash to the opposite sideline.

But his decision making is a awful, and his mechanics break down when he gets pressure. At times he'll move around and flash his potential, but mostly it's Stafford time with falling away throws. Best situation for him is drafted in the 3rd round by a good team so he can sit and learn and be rebuilt. Has worked with that Whitfield guy on his footwork, which is something to watch. Not sure how that guy get clients since he also works with Tebow and JFF

Top Bottom