• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

squicken

is it just selective listening, or is the vast majority of NFL Network coverage on the Skins/Seahawks game?

All these AFC team will get destroyed next week anyway, and the Vikes and Pack just played each other (and everyone knows the Vikes will get blown out). SEA will smash WAS too, but at least it's good copy for a week

effzee

No coach in their right mind would let Horton go from the D staff, he's only rocking DC for us if we don't take him as HC! Only other teams that have interviewed him are Buffalo and Browns. He had a KC interview that was obviously cancelled and I've read that Browns have two other targets in mind if they don't get Kelly. That just leaves BUF and I doubt they'd choose Horton, probably would take Whiz before they took him. He's staying!

If we don't get or want Kelly, I think Horton would be my #1 choice right now.

Eagles Update:

Yes! I have wanted them to take a look at the Seattle DC. Last Seattle DC we hired was the perfect hire. I have been really impressed with how well the D in Seattle plays!

If not Kelly, Horton or Bradley would be ideal. Don't know about Arians. On the one hand all the Steelers fans here convinced me he is terrible, but what he did with the Colts was pretty remarkable.

From Florio re: GM candidates
Also have seen from Bolts forums that Telesco from Indy is gaining steam with SD. Would be wild if Ross gets passed over for a GM job even with all these interviews.

I wanted Ross. Really don't trust Howie even if he wasn't the problem. Clean slate. Oh well.

Bowser

Panthers beat writer:

@tomsorensen
I'm told Jerry Richardson has yet to decide if Ron Rivera returns. They meet Saturday. Richardson, not the new GM, will make the call

Seriously JR, how have you not decided yet? Make the call one way or the other for fuck's sake.

Bruce Hooley ‏ @ BHOOLZ
Eagles moving on to interview four other guys, two in Atlanta, Bruce Arians and Seattle DC.  # Browns fans, Chip looks like your guy

Bryan Hennessey ‏ @ bryanhennessey
According to Jeff Maver  @ JMaver5 of the Cleveland Examiner, Chip Kelly is close to a deal with the  # Browns

@ TonyGrossi "I think it's all over. Barring a setback to CLE, Chip Kelly is the next coach." Grossi says Saban told the Browns to move on

Solomon Wilcots ‏ @ Solomon_Wilcots
BREAKING:  @ CBSSports Just confirmed from a very respected source that the  # Browns have hired Chip Kelly to a 5 year deal.

celebration.gif

Me Wes Kave and Gondo

Panthers beat writer:

@tomsorensen
I'm told Jerry Richardson has yet to decide if Ron Rivera returns. They meet Saturday. Richardson, not the new GM, will make the call

Seriously JR, how have you not decided yet? Make the call one way or the other for fuck's sake.

Old man Jerry's gone senile on us.

Bruce Hooley ‏ @ BHOOLZ
Eagles moving on to interview four other guys, two in Atlanta, Bruce Arians and Seattle DC.  # Browns fans, Chip looks like your guy

According to Jeff Maver  @ JMaver5 of the Cleveland Examiner, Chip Kelly is close to a deal with the  # Browns

@ TonyGrossi "I think it's all over. Barring a setback to CLE, Chip Kelly is the next coach." Grossi says Saban told the Browns to move on

BREAKING:  @ CBSSports Just confirmed from a very respected source that the  # Browns have hired Chip Kelly to a 5 year deal.

celebration.gif

Me Wes Kave and Gondo

Congrats, Browns bros. Hope he works out.

effzee

Don't know how legit it is, I just saw on the Eagles board that the Kelly interview is scheduled for Saturday.

Still possible that his meeting with Banner goes so well that he never makes it to Philly.

In that case Horton, Bradley, or Fangio please.

JABEE

Don't know how legit it is, I just saw on the Eagles board that the Kelly interview is scheduled for Saturday.

Still possible that his meeting with Banner goes so well that he never makes it to Philly.

In that case Horton, Bradley, or Fangio please.
Could be true. Eagles leak to beat writer that Kelly wasn't on top of the list of candidates. Announce new interviews with other coaches. Lose out to the Browns on Kelly.

KingGondo

Banned
Bruce Hooley ‏ @ BHOOLZ

celebration.gif

Me Wes Kave and Gondo
*hi five*

Time to show Chip footage of Weeden's one QB draw TD from his last season at OSU.

effzee

Could be true. Eagles leak to beat writer that Kelly wasn't on top of the list of candidates. Announce new interviews with other coaches. Lose out to the Browns on Kelly.

Caplan?

It could be. I won't be really upset if we lose out on Kelly though if there was a list or preference he would be the top guy.

I'd really prefer to go defense here before we even think about McCoy or Arians.

EDIT: Surprised Fangio hasn't been looked at. According to his own tweet (or one representing him) he hasn't been contacted for any HC openings.

If we don't get or want Kelly, I think Horton would be my #1 choice right now.

Yes! I have wanted them to take a look at the Seattle DC. Last Seattle DC we hired was the perfect hire. I have been really impressed with how well the D in Seattle plays!

If not Kelly, Horton or Bradley would be ideal. Don't know about Arians. On the one hand all the Steelers fans here convinced me he is terrible, but what he did with the Colts was pretty remarkable.

I wanted Ross. Really don't trust Howie even if he wasn't the problem. Clean slate. Oh well.

Funny, basically what happened to me. No Reid? Let's go Horton (with good OC). At least you guys are looking at the Chickens DC, not a bad idea and a candidate I didn't even think about.

JABEE

Caplan?

It could be. I won't be really upset if we lose out on Kelly though if there was a list or preference he would be the top guy.

I'd really prefer to go defense here before we even think about McCoy or Arians.

EDIT: Surprised Fangio hasn't been looked at. According to his own tweet (or one representing him) he hasn't been contacted for any HC openings.

Geoff Mosher is the one that "found" out that Kelly wasn't the #1 candidate.

Bowser

Hey Browns bros:

Adam Caplan @caplannfl
How much work has Lombardi been doing behind the scenes? Source said he has been working on free agency targets for the Browns

lol

Bowser

Looks like it's happening for the Brownies:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
BREAKING: Chip Kelly is close to a deal to become the #Browns coach, according to a source informed of his situation.

ESPNCleveland
Chip Kelly is likely to be named the #Browns next head coach, barring a last-second change of heart http://t.co/sgTQ2M6E
1/4/13 5:59 PM

RapSheet
BREAKING: Chip Kelly is close to a deal to become the #Browns coach, according to a source informed of his situation.
1/4/13 5:59 PM

brentech

I hadn't really played much of madden this year, finally started a career and I come across the packers / texans game....fucking Nick Collins was on their team.

/Pour one out for my homie.

jbug617

Banned
Congrats Kave, Black Ghost and other Browns fans. Hope he works out for you

Pats signed Kafka to a future contract. Maybe Mallet to Cleveland is real.

brentech

Maybe all my Browns family will be less gloomy this offseason. No one even wanted to look at shermur's picture in the papers.

Top Bottom