• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Dear diary,

College textbooks so so ridiculously overpriced. $730 for 5 classes? Seriously? If i ever snap and go crazy i am going to go blow up one of the big college textbook publishers. Greedy assholes

cashman

Banned
Dear diary,

College textbooks so so ridiculously overpriced. $730 for 5 classes? Seriously? If i ever snap and go crazy i am going to go blow up one of the big college textbook publishers. Greedy assholes
The worst is when you have to buy a book that comes with a code to do online assignments. Fuck that noise.

harSon

Banned
Dear diary,

Yeah, fuck textbooks. A few years back, my calculus textbook was roughly $300 alone, but it was for Calculus 1 & 2 (with solutions manual) which is fine I suppose considering I planned on taking Calculus 2 as well. But when the next quarter came, and I was taking Calculus 2, the classes upgraded to a different volume which were different enough where you were forced to buy the new version (and they were new enough to not have a used market yet). So I was forced to buy another $300 set of books, only this time it was for a one class instead of two.

WedgeX

Banned
The worst is when you have to buy a book that comes with a code to do online assignments. Fuck that noise.

The real worst are the ones that the teacher ignores, but requires, and that come with the code/CD for one online assignment that requires opening the shrink wrap. And then can't be sold back. Jerks.

Somebody just told me that the Jets should hire Brian Schottenhiemer as head coach.

oh god

You thought Slants was dead.

You were mistaken.

qm.gif

Pioli's legacy with the Chiefs:

During his first year, Pioli noticed a candy wrapper in a back stairwell and waited to see how long it took to be picked up. About a week passed, and it remained in the stairwell. He placed the wrapper in an envelope, and during a meeting of department heads, Donovan, then the team’s chief operating officer, brandished the wrapper as evidence of the attention to detail that Chiefs employees had grown to ignore.

One executive, who’s no longer with the team, was sent to human resources for casually referring to Pioli by his last name; the executive said, however, that first names were acceptable. Pioli also sent a memo with detailed instructions, including which stairway to use and which doorway to enter, when using the facility’s gym.

Business-side staffers with an office window facing the practice fields were made to keep their shades drawn during practices. The team president was no exception. A security guard made the rounds during practices, sometimes interrupting phone calls and meetings to lower shades.

And that doesn't include other changes like charging parking lot attendants entrance to the game, barring fan made banners, shutting down player/coach radio shows, restricting former players' access to the facility, so on and so forth.

He's a fucking shithead who did two things well: drafting Justin Houston with a 3rd round pick and getting players to sign below market value contracts. Unfortunately for him, those two things don't offset 23-41 in four years, with 19 of those losses at home, and 22 of those losses being by 14 points or more. Or saddling the Chiefs with Matt Cassel, wasting 4 years of some talented players' careers. Players that he wasn't responsible for drafting.

Last year the Chiefs gave season ticket holders a customizable jersey. A nice gesture. But if this year's prize is getting to piss in Scott Pioli's face, Arrowhead will be sold out into the year 3000.

Haven't run into that yet. It sounds like DLC! :/

I am assuming abe books are all used? Have you bought from them before?

Yeah, fuck textbooks. A few years back, my calculus textbook was roughly $300 alone, but it was for Calculus 1 & 2 (with solutions manual) which is fine I suppose considering I planned on taking Calculus 2 as well. But when the next quarter came, and I was taking Calculus 2, the classes upgraded to a different volume which were different enough where you were forced to buy the new version (and they were new enough to not have a used market yet). So I was forced to buy another $300 set of books, only this time it was for a one class instead of two.

It seems that any books STEM related are expensive as fuck. It's so retarded that they keep updating math books. The shit is all the same! It's so clearly a money grab. It will just get worse too because no one cares :/

LJ11

The perfect spot for Lovie is Buffalo.

OL in place, unless they can't resign Levitre, pussy has him tied down to the city but money may change his mind.

Some talent on the DL, two good backs, a good possession receiver. Doesn't have the LBs he needs but has some talent in the secondary (Gilmore/Byrd).

Needs a QB, and a smart OC hire, but he has players to work with.

Not advocating for Lovie, just saying he's a good fit.

I am assuming abe books are all used? Have you bought from them before?
I have bought from them before but I can't remember if it's all used books. I think it is, though. Luckily for me the online code stuff was only just becoming widespread when I graduated college so buying used was usually an option. It appears my methods are outdated. :( Sorry!

LJ11 said:
OL in place, unless they can't resign Levitre
A potentially fantastic use of some of that extra cap money for the Dolphins, if I do say so myself.

Godslay

Banned

OL in place, unless they can't resign Levitre, pussy has him tied down to the city but money may change his mind.

Some talent on the DL, two good backs, a good possession receiver. Doesn't have the LBs he needs but has some talent in the secondary (Gilmore/Byrd).

I was wondering what you thought about this. I'd like to see him come there and turn things around.

bionic77

I was already onboard team Vikings for this week, but because of this I am ditching the Seahawks and now am fully behind the Vikings as team I least hate in the playoffs and thus want to win the Superbowl.

Please advise is there is still room left on the bike for one more.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
He did, especially in the last couple years. When he redid his last Bears contract he received more power in getting the personal he wanted.

Actually didn't know this considering Jerry Angelo was fired for poor drafting. I always thought that Lovie Smith was primarily responsible for the defense.

Fantomex

Pioli's legacy with the Chiefs:

And that doesn't include other changes like charging parking lot attendants entrance to the game, barring fan made banners, shutting down player/coach radio shows, restricting former players' access to the facility, so on and so forth.

He's a fucking shithead who did two things well: drafting Justin Houston with a 3rd round pick and getting players to sign below market value contracts. Unfortunately for him, those two things don't offset 23-41 in four years, with 19 of those losses at home, and 22 of those losses being by 14 points or more. Or saddling the Chiefs with Matt Cassel, wasting 4 years of some talented players' careers. Players that he wasn't responsible for drafting.

Last year the Chiefs gave season ticket holders a customizable jersey. A nice gesture. But if this year's prize is getting to piss in Scott Pioli's face, Arrowhead will be sold out into the year 3000.

Everyone that worked with Bellicheat should be treated as damaged goods. Once those videotapes became illegal they all sucked.

Quikies83

It's a good hire. I'm not saying that facetiously. It might be a couple of years before KC is legit, and depends on the moves they make in regards to a QB, but at least they have people that can make good decisions. It also helps to legitimize the division to a certain degree.

I've said it before, but I want the division to be competitive. I loved the games with KC in the 90s. Those games were so tense, and meant a lot. One of my close friends is a Chiefs fan, and growing up we would watch those games. Denver didn't always come out on top, but goddamn it was a great time.

At least your team went from joke status with Pioli to an actual rebuild phase. Welcome back!

I completely agree. Some of those games in the 90s, most of the rival games, came down to whoever had the ball last... Not to kick sand in your face, but one of the best games I ever went to in Arrowhead (one of the best games I've ever watched) was seeing Stoyanovich kick a 54 yard field goal for the win in 1997... I look forward to Arrowhead gaining (earning) respect again.

eznark

Banned
There was no way I was keeping my name after the Pirates traded him to the Red Sox

That was such a tragic day. I was still in Boson at the time and seein the glee on thfacesnof those racists while you were in here crying your eyes out was almost too much man.

Quikies83

Howard Eskin ‏@howardeskin

Kansas city chairman Clark Hunt and his wife flew in to Phl on KC Chiefs private plane 2 greet and Fly back to KC w Andy Reid and his wife

jakncoke

Banned
That was such a tragic day. I was still in Boson at the time and seein the glee on thfacesnof those racists while you were in here crying your eyes out was almost too much man.

Another cycle ending so we could start up another rebuilding cycle. I think we got 2-3 years on this current one till we realize that we have no chance in hell at being a contender

Mods from nba gaf changed it to troll me lol

Really? Thats fucking amazing. I wish he could change gata name to Go_JagsBIIIITCHES

Mrbob

Yup. Lovie just needs to figure out he needs to pair himself with a strong OC and he is fine for a head coach. He'll have that defense balling in year one.

Milchjon

There was no way I was keeping my name after the Pirates traded him to the Red Sox

Fan of a university that covered up the rape of little children: Til death and beyond!
Fan of a player that got traded to a better team: No way in hell, dead to me!!!

Mrbob

Oh, I'm sure Lovie can totally turn Nick Barnett into gold.

Lovie likes fast guys. Barnett might not even survive training camp.

I'm not going to pile on Lovie, especially on the defensive side of the ball. He is a extremely smart when it comes to planning defense.

Originally Posted by jasonbay:
all I got to say is...

THIS FUCKING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

fucking Pirates, what the fuck....do you ever want to fucking win again? Mark Cuban please save me from the fucktards that have been running the Pirates.

so how hard is it to convince someone to change my name? I'm thinking fuckyoupirates is fitting.

:fyp :fyp :fyp

Top Bottom