• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Wes

venison crêpe
Bruce Hooley ‏ @ BHOOLZ
Eagles moving on to interview four other guys, two in Atlanta, Bruce Arians and Seattle DC.  # Browns fans, Chip looks like your guy

Bryan Hennessey ‏ @ bryanhennessey
According to Jeff Maver  @ JMaver5 of the Cleveland Examiner, Chip Kelly is close to a deal with the  # Browns

@ TonyGrossi "I think it's all over. Barring a setback to CLE, Chip Kelly is the next coach." Grossi says Saban told the Browns to move on

Solomon Wilcots ‏ @ Solomon_Wilcots
BREAKING:  @ CBSSports Just confirmed from a very respected source that the  # Browns have hired Chip Kelly to a 5 year deal.

celebration.gif

Me Wes Kave and Gondo

untitled-116qp8o.gif

KingGondo

Banned
I'm a new fan, but even one year of Shurmur made me excited for a coach with balls and convictions about how football should be played.

Longtime fans have to be thrilled with the fact that Haslam and Banner got the #1 guy on their list.

LJ11

This shit don't work in the pros bro!

In all seriousness, it sucks that they wasted a pick on Weeden, still can't believe a team took him in the first. Guy was a 2nd day pick, to give up a 1st was too much. Now he may be roadkill. Kelly will make adjustments, but the numbers game he relies on breaks down when your QB can't move.

CrankyJay

Banned
WTF? Chip Kelly to Browns already? He just played last night.

Was hoping Buffalo had a chance.

Alright, Lovie Smith for me now. Make it happen.

KingGondo

Banned
Twitter says Browns have only $2.5m in cap room committed to QB. Benefit of new CBA. Easy to move on from mistakes
NOOOOOOO

The Weeden era is over before it began. :(

In all seriousness though, who are they gonna go after? Hard to think of many mobile guys who are available in trade, FA or to draft...

MechDX

This is what Arian Foster said yesterday:

(on what he expects from the fans on Saturday) “I expect the same thing man. We have some good fans here in Houston and they were booing us last home game, but I forgive them.”
This is what Antonio Smith said yesterday:

(on what he expects from the fans on Saturday) “I’m expecting them to be louder, without any boos or any disappointments. To just stick in there and to cheer as much as they can, because we feed off of them, they feed off of us. This is our house – together. We’re a part of them; they’re a part of us. Little do they know, they help us out a lot with how loud they get, especially in the defense. That’s what comes with home field advantage as defensive players and a defensive team is it takes away a whole other team’s cadence, the way they communicate. So the louder we are, the less their opportunity is to be on the field and make plays. We need to have one of those statistics like other teams have where they have how many false starts the crowd started and all that.”

In the words of FMT: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKK YOU BIIIIIIIIIITCH!

How about winning one damn game nand clinching home field? Fuck this team!! Dont Boo us. I forgive them....fucking really? I hope your ass gets beat 46-10.

eznark

Banned
This shit don't work in the pros bro!

In all seriousness, it sucks that they wasted a pick on Weeden, still can't believe a team took him in the first. Guy was a 2nd day pick, to give up a 1st was too much. Now he may be roadkill. Kelly will make adjustments, but the numbers game he relies on breaks down when your QB can't move.

It's easy to defend read option when you can give Wilfork sole QB responsibility!

Milchjon

In the words of FMT: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKK YOU BIIIIIIIIIITCH!

How about winning one damn game nand clinching homen field? Fuck this team!! Dont Boo us. I forgive them....fucking really? I hiope your ass gets beat 46-10.

Your second playoff appearance and you get all entitled and stuff.

squicken

NOOOOOOO

The Weeden era is over before it began. :(

In all seriousness though, who are they gonna go after? Hard to think of many mobile guys who are available in trade, FA or to draft...

I posted something on this earlier, but the NFL places no value on QBs that don't throw at an elite level but have good running skills. He can find two or three guys who have some sort of fatal flaw for most teams (arm strength, height) and get them in the 5th, 6th round

You could argue that CLE will be fucked if it falls behind and has to throw, but then HOU is fucked if it falls behind and has to throw with a $9m QB. Very few QBs can shoot it out. Hard to find the next Manning or Rodgers

MechDX

Your second playoff appearance and you get all entitled and stuff.

If your team shit the bed wouldnt you be upset? How about Arian and the bitches on Kirby Dr act like pros and say "Hey, we let down the fans and we need to earn their repsect back.".

He forgives us. Fuck him

But I forgive you.

Godslay

Banned
If your team shit the bed wouldnt you be upset? How about Arian and the bitches on Kirby Dr act like pros and say "Hey, we let down the fans and we need to earn their repsect back.".

He forgives us. Fuck him

But I forgive you.

Come on man. You're in the playoffs again, enjoy it! The Texans might just turn it on now. You never know.

Tebow to the Browns? Tebow is the savior of Cleveland

If this happened BlackGhost would be pretty happy. Squicken would argue that he's not accurate enough. I'd be rooting for him though.

squicken

Will be interesting for CLE defensive players. Do you want to go somewhere and take 80 snaps a game, sometimes just a couple of minutes after the offense goes 3 and out?

Wes

venison crêpe
Ian Rapoport ‏ @RapSheet

Told #Browns CEO Joe Banner thinks #Browns strongest asset is its OL. Imagine: Chip Kelly's offense behind that O-Line.

YES IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES
AdAhA.gif

squicken

Will Burge ‏@WillBurge
Source in #Browns organization told me that just over a week ago Colt McCoy was told by Joe Banner he is "in the next head coach's plans"

Banner I guess was talking to Kelly all year. Too funny. I'd feel sorry for Shurmur if he wasn't vastly under-qualified to even coach Pee Wee football

MechDX

Come on man. You're in the playoffs again, enjoy it! The Texans might just turn it on now. You never know.

If this happened BlackGhost would be pretty happy. Squicken would argue that he's not accurate enough. I'd be rooting for him though.

Arian forgives us, thats all that matters. He has no clue what we have been through as an NFL city.

The late 70's kickin the door down
93 meltdown in Buffalo
Montana making us his bitch
Stagger Lee in Denver
Manning making us his bitch
No football for years because of a douchebag
David fucking Carr
2-14...
Rosencopter!

So you know what? I feel good saying Fuck Arian! Fuck Antonio! I have earned the right through years of sorrow to say whatever I gawd damn fell like!

Top Bottom