• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Godslay

Banned
manningtexan.jpg

ibxFi2FKCCf39D.gif

The whole league are Frauds this year!

They are who we thought they were. After the Fail Mary by the Seahawks, we knew this season was fraudulent.

MechDX

We shall not be flagged nor fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight on the ground; we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air. We shall defend Reliant whatever the cost may be; we shall fight in the bleachers we shall fight in the Bull Pen, we shall fight in the boxes and in the suites. We shall never surrender!

churchill.jpg

Some Texans fans just can not see the writing on the damn wall. lol

I have a suspiscion Chips just doing this for the free food

Sounds like the Eagles might not even be meating with him. They released this statement this morning:

"The Eagles are committed to finding the right fit for head coach and are heading to Arizona now to kick off a week of interviews with a variety of candidates including Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy, Indianapolis offensive coordinator Bruce Arians and Seattle defensive coordinator Gus Bradley," said the team in a statement.

No mention of Chip at all. Congrats Browns fans. He wasnt my first choice for coach but I would have been excited to have him. I hope he does well for you guys.

Wes

venison crêpe
@JohnTelich8
#Browns made strong impression on Kelly. Team wanting 2 be aggressive in Free Agency helps. Kelly still meeting w/Phil. It's a process

First, people who use 2 instead of to should be sent to prison.
Secondly, woooo action in Free Agency beyond Frostee Rucker!

eznark

Banned
Considering Ponder didn't practice on Tuesday or Wednesday and the team traveled Friday that is necessarily the case. Crack reporting, ESPN!

Sounds like the Eagles might not even be meating with him. They released this statement this morning:

"The Eagles are committed to finding the right fit for head coach and are heading to Arizona now to kick off a week of interviews with a variety of candidates including Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy, Indianapolis offensive coordinator Bruce Arians and Seattle defensive coordinator Gus Bradley," said the team in a statement.

No mention of Chip at all. Congrats Browns fans. He wasnt my first choice for coach but I would have been excited to have him. I hope he does well for you guys.

You're better off with Best Gruden. No way can Chip Kelly build an organization. At least Gruden has an NFL circle to build from.

Miguel

Watching Top Gun. Schaub is gonna take my breath awaaaaaaay. No?

How about Foster is on the highway to the dangerzone? No?

We're gonna get Goose'd.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
@JohnTelich8
#Browns made strong impression on Kelly. Team wanting 2 be aggressive in Free Agency helps. Kelly still meeting w/Phil. It's a process

First, people who use 2 instead of to should be sent to prison.
Secondly, woooo action in Free Agency beyond Frostee Rucker!

I give it a slide if he was doing it to stay under 150 characters. I hate it myself but every so often you need to use it on twitter.

effzee

Why else would they head out to Arizona? Only candidates they can meet in Arizona are Chip and or Horton. And there has been, unfortunately, no mention of Horton getting an interview.

Pretty sure its to meet Chip. They fly to Denver tomorrow to meet McCoy and I suspect they will go meet Arians and Bradley at their respective organizations and not have them meet the Eagles in Philly or Arizona.

Bills only got a midnight snack for Chip? Doesn't even sound like he seriously considered them.

Interview Horton goddamnit if you aren't going to get Kelly.

Godslay

Banned
The SB winner this year deserves a fraud asterisk

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's not get carried away here.

Ouch!

Yeah that got me think, what are you talking about???

As for the Broncos argument, it is just a much different team than what we saw earlier in the season. I think they are going all the way.

Peyton found his grove with the Broncos.

Groove can easily turn into a rut. The old man is rusting as we speak. He's an old model as well so he has an HDD instead of an SSD. Makes booting into the OS take forever.

Why else would they head out to Arizona? Only candidates they can meet in Arizona are Chip and or Horton. And there has been, unfortunately, no mention of Horton getting an interview.

Pretty sure its to meet Chip. They fly to Denver tomorrow to meet McCoy and I suspect they will go meet Arians and Bradley at their respective organizations and not have them meet the Eagles in Philly or Arizona.

Bills only got a midnight snack for Chip? Doesn't even sound like he seriously considered them.

Interview Horton goddamnit if you aren't going to get Kelly.

Horton's been my number 1 guy so I would love for them to interview him. I really dont know what to think about Jay Gruden. He has done a good job so far with Dalton but his time with the Bengals isnt much to go on. Hopefully if he wows them in the interview and gets the job he can be great. I know Lurie loves Jon so it wouldnt surprise me to much if the Eagles hire Jay.

Wes

venison crêpe
@JayGlazer
Panthers and Browns have requested permission to interview Vikings asst GM George Paton for GM. He's scheduled to meet w Panthers next week

Striker

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=458223&highlight=nfl+divisional+round+2011&page=238

Trip down memory lane, page starts at Eli-Nicks Hail Mary at the half, the lulz is great...
Nicks was amazing in those ATL and GB games.

It will finally shut up a lot of people next year who still bring up Manningham leaving as a reason for the offense's problems this year. And starting and playing so much on one foot was as boneheaded as putting in Diehl when Locklear was playing so well.

Don't see how the Vikes win. In Lambeau, Charles Woodson's back and he's surely be replacing Williams on running downs if Capers has a lick of sense, and Christian Ponder.

effzee

Horton's been my number 1 guy so I would love for them to interview him. I really dont know what to think about Jay Gruden. He has done a good job so far with Dalton but his time with the Bengals isnt much to go on. Hopefully if he wows them in the interview and gets the job he can be great. I know Lurie loves Jon so it wouldnt surprise me to much if the Eagles hire Jay.

Yeah agreed.

I don't believe there is only one good available HC candidate. You could argue for or against a lot of these guys but I think overall its a good pool. Plus there might be guys not even on the radar right now, especially on the staffs of some of the playoff teams.

Current order of preference, assuming Kelly is with the Browns, would be:

Horton
Bradley
Fangio
Jay Gruden
Arian
McCoy
Marrone

But I'd be ok with any of them so long as they fit the list of criteria Lurie mentioned. Then again that could have all been PR fluff.

MechDX

Watching Top Gun. Schaub is gonna take my breath awaaaaaaay. No?

How about Foster is on the highway to the dangerzone? No?

We're gonna get Goose'd.

Wouldnt be so bad if we were doomed from the start like the Browns. Such high expectations for this year then Cush went down, Schaub grew a vagina and you showed back up.....

Miguel

Wouldnt be so bad if we were doomed from the start like the Browns. Such high expectations for this year then Cush went down, Schaub grew a vagina and you showed back up.....
I'm the hero Texans GAF needed, but not the one it deserved to start the season.

Bowser

Respected guy #Panthers are talking to RT @JayGlazer: Rams made a run at Paton last year for GM but he elected to remain w Vikings

Anyone but Beane

Oozer3993

Schaubenfreude

n.

Pleasure derived from the misfortunes of the Texans.

Schadenfraud

n.

Pleasure derived from the misfortunes of overly hyped sports franchises.

Schaubenfraud

n.

The feeling Mech will have after the Texans game.

MechDX

Schaubenfreude

n.

Pleasure derived from the misfortunes of the Texans.

Schadenfraud

n.

Pleasure derived from the misfortunes of overly hyped sports franchises.

Schaubenfraud

n.

The feeling Mech will have after the Texans game.

Yeah because I have been openly supporting him...

Oh hey! Look a lifelong!

MechDX

Before I leave for work my prediction for todays game:

Bengals 46- Texans 9

Kubiak states after game " We have to keep battlin! Gotta fix some things". When told their season is now over: "Really? Wow. ANyone want to hit up a Dennys?"

Godslay

Banned
Before I leave for work my prediction for todays game:

Bengals 46- Texans 9

Kubiak states after game " We have to keep battlin! Gotta fix some things". When told their season is now over: "Really? Wow. ANyone want to hit up a Dennys?"

image.php

Welcome aboard brother. You are more than welcome to join our fold if the Texans lose. Just like I told Smokey, we will call them Kube's kids.

Top Bottom