• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NG+ |OT| NeoGaf+ For posts that don't fit anywhere else

DKehoe

Ah yes, that's a rather strange option to have, but it fixed it. (y) Cheers.

%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BF%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B5-%D1%80%D1%83%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B6%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%B5-%D1%80%D1%83%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B6%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%B5.gif
Glad that sorted it. I ended up having to go to the admins about it since I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working for me. I guess I maybe tapped it accidentally at some point. Good to know I'm not the only one it's happened to!

T8SC

Glad that sorted it. I ended up having to go to the admins about it since I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working for me. I guess I maybe tapped it accidentally at some point. Good to know I'm not the only one it's happened to!

I can't even remember pressing it. Seems a strange option to have, maybe to help with browser issues or something. When posting on the laptop it was back to normal so must be browser linked not account linked.

DKehoe

I can't even remember pressing it. Seems a strange option to have, maybe to help with browser issues or something. When posting on the laptop it was back to normal so must be browser linked not account linked.
That was the same with me. It was totally fine on my desktop or if I used a different browser on my phone.

T8SC

That was the same with me. It was totally fine on my desktop or if I used a different browser on my phone.

It's why I thought it was my phone, logic being any account settings/post settings change would be sync'd across devices. Ah well, sorted now. :messenger_bicep:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Good morning

Browsing upcoming games on the PS5 as I drink my coffee and get ready for my shitty day (I have to actually go into a facility today to do some shit).

The upcoming Life is Strange looks far and away better than previous entries in graphics and animation - and Max is back! The new Assassin's Creed gameplay video makes the game look like a return to form in gameplay, and the graphics are hot too. Even in that likely compressed video with incomplete graphics it is way better looking than the viking one.

Sadly both games don't release for months.

Edit: the Star Wars Outlaws video looks like the game should be a fun Star Wars romp, but it's funny how unfinished some of the character models and environments are. So uneven. In some parts one character looks like an early PS4 game, while the other characters look cutting edge PS5.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Man, I know no politics, but a certain gaffe (not GAF) that happened yesterday was wild

BadBurger

Remember when people were adjusting to WFH during the pandemic and a bunch of people got caught jerking it in Zoom / Teams meetings? Those were halcyon days.

Edit: also glad I purchased the PS5 remote. Weirdly makes viewing media and browsing between apps more pleasurable than using a controller. Familiarity I suppose

Edit 2: I have the day off because of reasons. Watching films I loved from the past ten years. The use of chanting in Midsommar is almost putting me to sleep in a good way.

Last edited:

BadBurger

You know what is fantastic about working enterprise IT infra is that everything always fucking breaks at like 5AM and everyone in the org pages you even if it's not your problem

Hey all. Probably the longest time I have gone without logging in here, it's been since January! I apologise for that. Life has been pretty crazy and hectic, but in a good way. Lots of positive steps and progress. I'm really enjoying getting out more and just doing stuff I guess. For a long time I would kinda just stay in my room and not really go out of my way to do things.

Hope everybody is doing great, I really missed you guys. I still game from time to time, but not as much as I used to. Mostly quick sessions here and there on PC when I get a chance, but I'm really enjoying my PS5 too.

Hopefully I can drop in a bit more, even if it's just to make a couple of posts here and there. That would be nice.

I see we got a shinny new Community thread! Very nice!

87c32f7bdb7f371df50d69cad3d7e266.gif

Anyways, stay sweet. Stay awesome. I'll try to drop in when I'm next not busy to see what you're all chatting about.

nush

Life has been pretty crazy and hectic, but in a good way. Lots of positive steps and progress. I'm really enjoying getting out more and just doing stuff I guess. For a long time I would kinda just stay in my room and not really go out of my way to do things.

Good to see you back, stay winning bro.

Biff

I'm not going to try posting a thread on it - but I'm assuming several people have tried by now to make a thread on Donald Trump's attempted assassination, but it fell under No Politics, so the threads have been deleted?

EviLore EviLore is this correct? Just seems kinda bonkers that there isn't a thread in Off-Topic for what has been one of the craziest events in American political history. There has to be a level where the No Politics rule gets overridden. If Trump was killed, you telling me Neogaf wouldn't allow a thread on it?

Just seems like there is a clear distinction between "Politics" and "Holy Fuck This is Actual History in Motion and Maybe We Should Be Allowed to Discuss It". My strong view is this falls into the latter.

Jsisto

I'm not going to try posting a thread on it - but I'm assuming several people have tried by now to make a thread on Donald Trump's attempted assassination, but it fell under No Politics, so the threads have been deleted?

EviLore EviLore is this correct? Just seems kinda bonkers that there isn't a thread in Off-Topic for what has been one of the craziest events in American political history. There has to be a level where the No Politics rule gets overridden. If Trump was killed, you telling me Neogaf wouldn't allow a thread on it?

Just seems like there is a clear distinction between "Politics" and "Holy Fuck This is Actual History in Motion and Maybe We Should Be Allowed to Discuss It". My strong view is this falls into the latter.
Not about to risk my account over it, but agreed. Just pretending it didn’t happen is crazy. I think a thread with very strict guidelines and instant thread bans for those that violate them is fair. Like you said, I think certain things are just far too important and worthy of discussion to not allow.

Nydius

Was in this thread to post this exact thing. For many this is absolutely a historic event because there’s never been anything like it in their lifetimes. Only us old farts are old enough to remember the last assassination attempt on a President (Reagan).

Though the shoe thrower that tried to hit Bush was pretty funny.

BadBurger

Was in this thread to post this exact thing. For many this is absolutely a historic event because there’s never been anything like it in their lifetimes. Only us old farts are old enough to remember the last assassination attempt on a President (Reagan).

Though the shoe thrower that tried to hit Bush was pretty funny.

Yea I wasn't yet born when Reagan got shot.

Hey all. Probably the longest time I have gone without logging in here, it's been since January! I apologise for that. Life has been pretty crazy and hectic, but in a good way. Lots of positive steps and progress. I'm really enjoying getting out more and just doing stuff I guess. For a long time I would kinda just stay in my room and not really go out of my way to do things.

Hope everybody is doing great, I really missed you guys. I still game from time to time, but not as much as I used to. Mostly quick sessions here and there on PC when I get a chance, but I'm really enjoying my PS5 too.

Hopefully I can drop in a bit more, even if it's just to make a couple of posts here and there. That would be nice.

I see we got a shinny new Community thread! Very nice!

87c32f7bdb7f371df50d69cad3d7e266.gif

Anyways, stay sweet. Stay awesome. I'll try to drop in when I'm next not busy to see what you're all chatting about.

Missed ya in the movie and television talk bud. Glad to hear you're doing better.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I don't understand why a video game forum is the appropriate place to discuss politics in the first place. The topic is far too toxic and an assassination attempt points to the topic getting worse before it gets better. We've all got alternate places and avenues to discuss.

What possible good for GAF can come from the discussion?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Weeding out and removing all the extreamist crazies that think it’s ok to cause harm to another human being over words and ideas because they are too intellectually devoid to offer better ideas to counter opinions is a really really positive outcome for a forum and would make it a much better community.
I don't think it's ever acceptable to wish death or harm to others. Anyone feeling this way about Trump (or any person) should not be welcome here. Nor should those types of comments.

These fanatic types will post those remarks regardless of whether or not the topic is allowed. We don't need to set traps for them.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I don't think it's ever acceptable to wish death or harm to others. Anyone feeling this way about Trump (or any person) should not be welcome here. Nor should those types of comments.

These fanatic types will post those remarks regardless of whether or not the topic is allowed. We don't need to set traps for them.
The two that were pro death are still here. Not even a slap on the wrist.

Top Bottom