• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NGA Sonyland Showdown. SHABBA!!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
2005230743656730293_rs.jpg

NGA Sonyland Showdown.--Saturday, April 12, 1 PM EDT/5 PM GMT

Qualifying Round Results
Bold=Qualifier
Italics=Alternate

1. k-x -13 3798
2. hothitter -8 3300

3. dkeane -7 3170
4. fair_witness -7 3150

5. astrolad -7 3140
6. greendublin -6 2870
7. thebigkahuna -2 2720
8. RedNumberFive +13 1340

1. seveNLayers -16 4120 (I)
2. SliverNGold -10 3549 (I)
3. Steroyd -8 3220 (N)
4. PuMa -8 3190 (I)

5. mrbagdt -7 3137 (I)
6. StrawmanUK -7 2950 (N)
7. BlindMonkey -6 2950 (N)
8. rhfb -5 2824 (I)

1. BrandonJ335 -14/4050
2. Forensick -8/3185

Final Results
1. BrandonJ335 -16/4324
2. seveNLayers -11/3660
3. K-X -11/3645
4. PuMA -9/3482
5. SilverNGold -8/3237
6. Steroyd -7/3176
7. dkeane -7/2940
8. HoTHiTTeR -6/3118

RULES
1. If you are signed up, show up in the GAF Lobby (LAST FLOOR, LAST LOBBY) at 12:45 EDT.
2. At 12:50 EDT or a little after, the Group Leaders (marked below) will create rooms for the qualifying round. Join any room, but try to join whichever room has the least people (will give you a better chance of qualifying and also make it fairer for all involved). At 1:00 the Group Leaders will post on if they have on open spots (they usually do, my group excepted for some reason--alternates can come in then. Between 1:05 and 1:10 EDT, the Group Leaders will start the matches, so get in before then.
3. After the qualifying round, Group Leaders and first-place finishers will post results, which will be added here (POST SCORES IN THE FORMAT BELOW UNDER "PREVIOUS RESULTS"--RANK, NAME, SCORE, POINTS). The top 2 from each Group are guaranteed spots in the final round. The other spots in the Final will go to wild cards--the highest two remaining scorers among all groups. I will post a list of the Final Round people in this post, and then designate a new Group Leader for the Final to create a room. If you are in the Final, join that room.
4. After the Final, the Group Leader and first-place finisher will post results, which will be added to the OP, with the Top 5 having the glory of being permanently enshrined in the main post OP.
5. GROUP LEADERS: Please print out list of players and ONLY allow those people in. You will get a lot of requests from random non-gaffers that happen to be in the room.

SETTINGS
Course: Euro Classic GC (unlock it & the mirror version!)
Holes: Qualifying Rounds- 18 (Regular Tees). Final Round- 18 (Mirror--be sure you have this unlocked; it's one of the very earlier challenges).
Speed: Normal (watch your timer!).
Auto Handicap: Off.
Restricted Entry: Owner Permission (meaning group leader has to OK your entry into room, to keep riffraff out).
Hot Shots Rules: Novice & Intermdiate Only (meaning you can only pick among the first and second rows of characters).

Useful Online Features
-You can access your friends list in lobby (only) by pressing Select.
-A little smiley face will indicate if you have friends in a lobby, signed up for a tournament, and within a game room. This is why it's important to beef up your friends list with NGA members!
-At the score screen in a Real Tournament (50-person), you can see only your friends by pressing square twice. This way you can easily see each other talking even if your first and fiftieth! This is not available at the pre-match screen.
-In Created Tourneys (CTs), you can remove the score screen and watch people putting after you're done by pressing right on the d-pad.
-In CTs, you can make everyone else invisible by clicking R3. Click R3 again to make them visible.
-If you get "banned" for quitting or dropping, just log out and log back on. Good to go!

Previous Results
HSG5 Early Bird Open Top 5
1. BrandonJ335/-16/4327
2. JovialCharacter/-16/4226
3. AstroLad/-15/4029
4. Thebigkahuna1/-12/3809
5. Bshock/-10/3517

NGA Lubbock Funvitational Top 5
1. BrandonJ335 -16/4365
2. seveNLayers -13/3860
3. SilverNGold -12/3721
4. AstroLad -11/3765
5. rhfb -9/3380

NGA Goin' the Okinaway InvitationalTop 5
1. BrandonJ335/-16/4253
2. AstroLad/-11/3629
3. PuMa/-10/3397
4. Thebigkahuna1/-7/3210
5. Fair_witness/-7/3124

If you see fit to count me in, please do! Got a-8 on 9 hole euro today, feelin full of pluck! Are we playing euro or oki again?

Steroyd

I'm signing up just to make up the numbers. :(

I'll be happy to finish this course with PAR, nevermind trying to win the damned thing. :lol

PSN: Steroyd

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Steroyd said:
I'm signing up just to make up the numbers. :(

I'll be happy to finish this course with PAR, nevermind trying to win the damned thing. :lol

PSN: Steroyd

But aren't you a proud G2 now?

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm....in....

I'm marking it on my invisible calendar! Maybe I should just brand it into my skin so I don't forget.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
TheExodu5 said:
I'm....in....

I'm marking it on my invisible calendar! Maybe I should just brand it into my skin so I don't forget.

Cell-phone alarm. Only way to roll.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Alex Anderson said:
May I be reinstated, Commissioner Goodell?

Ok but only on a probationary basis. I'm going to be keeping a close eye on you, like Pac-Man Jones. We'll have to keep it that way until the Senate investigation into your performances concludes.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Go GAF, game's been out a month and we're still getting together big tourneys (2 full rooms and counting...).

I missed the last one even though i said I'd be there, was playing shit earlier in the day and it was annoying me.

But sign me up and I'll try to be in a better mood.

BlindMonkey / BlindMonkey

Somnia

ARGHHH you guys better still be playing come June 12th when I get my PS3 =( This waiting is killing me...but dumping my 40gig was the best move I could have ever made :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Group Leaders are posted, also there's no way to limit to only Beginner and Intermediate so there will be no official limits, but please don't pick any Advanced characters. Novice and Intermediate only.

HoTHiTTeR

Alex Anderson said:
You may want to find an alternate to host for me, Astro, just in case. It's storming outside and my power is out. :|

Damn, that sucks. Maybe next week?

Thank you God! Now I actually have a shot at winning! YES! YES! YES!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Cool Alex, hope you can make it back, for now I'll make bigkahuna alternate. Hothitter since you're here you be HIS alternate.

Also, Wasabi on the list!

I should be in the room in a little under an hour. :D

DONT FORGET TO WRITE DOWN ALL SCORES!

Also plz join room w/ fewest people to make them as even as possible.

Steroyd

Alex Anderson said:
You may want to find an alternate to host for me, Astro, just in case. It's storming outside and my power is out. :|

This tournament has just been blown wide open. :lol

Damn Daylght savings got me again!

kay

I don't think there are hosts, the rooms are hosted on the servers. Plenty of times the person who created the room disconnected but the game went on fine.

btw awesome title, didn't get it at first

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
LAST FLOOR LAST LOBBY FOOS.

Think we're just gonna do two rooms since I'm guessing we'll have about 16. In that case, four guaranteed spots (top two) and four wild cards (next four highest scores).

Top Bottom