• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Boost glitch?
Yeah you can put on boost packs as well as regular equipment in the normal slots, so you get extra +5s. I don't actually know how to do it but tooling around in the hockey shop you should be able to get it working in a few minutes.

here's the video highlight of robo-Jagr scoring the OT winner in our 1st playoff game, I had a good angle on his celebration after the goal but the video didn't come out right...

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/38123088

For those out of the loop we won our first playoff game tonight 2-1 in OT, goal scorers were Marvie and robo-Jagr (AKA Absentee Zaraki_Kenpachi). We then proceeded to lose our next playoff game 0-1 in OT.

starting 5 for both games was:

DJ Demon D
Marvie
Zaraki_Kenpachi
The Visualizer
RS4

and DenogginizerOS stopped by for moral support as the mascot :D

TheVisualizer said:
here's the video highlight of robo-Jagr scoring the OT winner in our 1st playoff game, I had a good angle on his celebration after the goal but the video didn't come out right...

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/38123088

For those out of the loop we won our first playoff game tonight 2-1 in OT, goal scorers were Marvie and robo-Jagr (AKA Absentee Zaraki_Kenpachi). We then proceeded to lose our next playoff game 0-1 in OT.

starting 5 for both games was:

DJ Demon D
Marvie
Zaraki_Kenpachi
The Visualizer
RS4

and DenogginizerOS stopped by for moral support as the mascot :D

Go Robo-Jagr :')
Maybe I should change my name to that. :lol

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ah poo sucks to hear we got eliminated.

I got caught up in minecraft again...I don't know what happened. I just kept building. :(

Anyways these playoffs are every month right?

New goal! 2 playoff victories next time!

Marvie_3

Banned
Man, I'm really disappointed. When I read that it matches you up on where your team was ranked, I figured we'd have a good chance. I thought that all those garbage losses would help us get matched up against teams that we stood a better chance against. Once again EA screwed us with a bad bounce. :(

Marvie_3 said:
Man, I'm really disappointed. When I read that it matches you up on where your team was ranked, I figured we'd have a good chance. I thought that all those garbage losses would help us get matched up against teams that we stood a better chance against. Once again EA screwed us with a bad bounce. :(

Your problem is that you somehow assume EA wouldn't screw us. It only took us what, an hour or more to get the first game started? :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
You're probably is that you somehow assume EA wouldn't screw us. It only took us what, an hour or more to get the first game started? :lol
Both of those of those teams are squads we should have crushed. We had 10 power plays in the first game and only scored on 1 of them. We had 48 shots and only scored 2 goals. The second club wasn't much better, but we didn't get as many power plays.

We really need to work on getting someone in front of the goalie. It doesn't help Viz's shots from the point when no one is in front for a deflection/screen. House and Viz did an awesome job covering cherry pickers though.

LiveWire

My shot off the post in the last minute of the 3rd period in game 2 really pissed me off. I stood up from the couch to get ready to celebrate. :/

But yea, ggs guys, next month I have a feeling we'll be an offensive powerhouse.

LiveWire said:
My shot off the post in the last minute of the 3rd period in game 2 really pissed me off. I stood up from the couch to get ready to celebrate. :/

But yea, ggs guys, next month I have a feeling we'll be an offensive powerhouse.

You're DJ Demon I guess?

LiveWire said:

yeah that was a damn shame

If we are to take anything away from the last game at least we got beat legit, pretty much everyone blew their assignments on D and swarmed the pinned guy and we got burnt for it

oh well, like KaveMan said we will be back next month, but I'm setting my goals a little higher than just winning 2 games, no reason we can't put together 4 in a row and bring that trophy home, we dominated both games tonight and have rarely run into teams this month that are clearly better all around, maybe a handful at the most

Not sure if you guys are playng right now but I'll be back on shortly if anyone wants to play some meaningless September games

LiveWire said:

Cool, name looked familiar I just couldn't remember which gaffer it was.

TheVisualizer said:

If we are to take anything away from the last game at least we got beat legit, pretty much everyone blew their assignments on D and swarmed the pinned guy and we got burnt for it

oh well, like KaveMan said we will be back next month, but I'm setting my goals a little higher than just winning 2 games, no reason we can't put together 4 in a row and bring that trophy home, we dominated both games tonight and have rarely run into teams this month that are clearly better all around, maybe a handful at the most

Not sure if you guys are playng right now but I'll be back on shortly if anyone wants to play some meaningless September games

If you come back on let me know, I only left because everyone bailed.

Marvie_3

Banned
LiveWire said:
We need to play more and get everyone's attributes as high as possible. We'll spam legend cards when the times comes because of EA's horrible grading system. :lol

You dominated on faceoffs tonight though. Really impressive job in the circle. :D

TheVisualizer said:

Yeah, I think before we start playing playoff games next month, we practice(depending on servers) before the games. I know most nights there's different players on and that can mess with chemistry a bit. It felt like the chemistry was good at times tonight and a mess others. A couple practices beforehand would do wonders. Communication was great too. It really helps when we know whats going on everywhere on the ice.

We'll get better though. :D

LiveWire

Marvie_3 said:
We need to play more and get everyone's attributes as high as possible. We'll spam legend cards when the times comes because of EA's horrible grading system. :lol

You dominated on faceoffs tonight though. Really impressive job in the circle. :D

Thanks. I changed my guy to a playmaker because I was getting nowhere trying to check people. My faceoff rating is high 90s, my wrist shot accuracy is 99 (which is why I was so POed at that shot off the post).

I think from now on I will take up a position in the offensive zone behind the net. If our Dmen or wings are getting forced into a bad situation, send it around the boards or skate it behind the net and let me pick the defender that is chasing you. Maybe that will help get us some more open space to take shots?

LiveWire said:
Thanks. I changed my guy to a playmaker because I was getting nowhere trying to check people. My faceoff rating is high 90s, my wrist shot accuracy is 99 (which is why I was so POed at that shot off the post).

I think from now on I will take up a position in the offensive zone behind the net. If our Dmen or wings are getting forced into a bad situation, send it around the boards or skate it behind the net and let me pick the defender that is chasing you. Maybe that will help get us some more open space to take shots?

Same, checking is so nerfed now that I switched to playmaker at the beginning of the week.

Marvie_3

Banned
LiveWire said:

If you're playing center, you should be spending most of your time in the slot trying to pick up rebounds/screens/deflections. If the puck is behind the net then go back there and one of the wings should fill in the slot for you. Then just cycle back through. It's something we should be practicing.

Marvie_3

Banned
Added a playoff results section in the OP, uploading robo-Jagr's goal to the NHLGAF youtube channel and put it in the highlights section as well.

I'll be ready to play in a few minutes.

Marvie_3

Banned
EA needs to fix the matchmaking. That game was pure bullshit through and through. Keep the fuckwad 'elite' teams the fuck out of here. They're all shitbags who do nothing but cheat the whole fuckin game.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
EA needs to fix the matchmaking. That game was pure bullshit through and through. Keep the fuckwad 'elite' teams the fuck out of here. They're all shitbags who do nothing but cheat the whole fuckin game.
Matchmaking is retarded, actually being in elite is easier than being super high ranked pro. It makes no sense, dropped out of elite for a day or two and only played other high ranked pros and games were all close. Then bumped back to elite and has been hilariously easy since. The funniest thing ever are teams that try but are terrible at cherry picking. They give up so many short handed breakaways :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Matchmaking is retarded, actually being in elite is easier than being super high ranked pro. It makes no sense, dropped out of elite for a day or two and only played other high ranked pros and games were all close. Then bumped back to elite and has been hilariously easy since. The funniest thing ever are teams that try but are terrible at cherry picking. They give up so many short handed breakaways :lol
It just seems like there's more bullshit play with the upper level teams. It gets really fuckin boring having to defend the same shit every game only to lose on garbage.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
It just seems like there's more bullshit play with the upper level teams. It gets really fuckin boring having to defend the same shit every game only to lose on garbage.
Yeah I'm pretty sure all elite teams are fuckwits of the highest order. If you look their stats they must have a near endless supply of glitchers going 24/7. So lame.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Yeah I'm pretty sure all elite teams are fuckwits of the highest order. If you look their stats they must have a near endless supply of glitchers going 24/7. So lame.
Definitely. One guy on the team we played earlier had over 700 points in <200 games played.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Wow just realized...first time in 6 seasons that I've been on a team that made the playoffs.

Leafs fan. :lol :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I should have some time to play this week (perhaps this evening). I am definitely watching the MNF game tonight though. I love the Bears v Packers.

LiveWire

Man I spent like 800 points buying boost packs and unlocking slots for my player only to have shit bounce off the post. :( Fucking EA. At least the points didn't cost me any of my own money.

I'll be around tonight as well for some games, closing in on the veteran card.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
LiveWire said:
Man I spent like 800 points buying boost packs and unlocking slots for my player only to have shit bounce off the post. :( Fucking EA. At least the points didn't cost me any of my own money.

I'll be around tonight as well for some games, closing in on the veteran card.
I did the same. I am pretty content with my two-way defender at an 80 with a Pro card, but I don't like how I can't distribute attribute points at all with a pack enabled. I wish that was more apparent before I spent the points. Oh well. :lol

RS4-

:lol Certain attributes don't affect your overall, so that's probably why. I'm sure all the points we wasted into shit like discipline into something else would be more beneficial lol.

Marvie_3

Banned
RS4- said:
:lol Certain attributes don't affect your overall, so that's probably why. I'm sure all the points we wasted into shit like discipline into something else would be more beneficial lol.
Yeah probably. My high discipline really fuckin helped with my constant trips to the penalty box last night. :lol

RS4-

Yeah, I think high discipline means you can be overzealous with the elbows, charging and tripping. It's like some excuse to be reckless.

And EA rewards you for it

:(

Marvie_3

Banned
RS4- said:
Yeah, I think high discipline means you can be overzealous with the elbows, charging and tripping. It's like some excuse to be reckless.

And EA rewards you for it

:(
They rewarded me with plenty of time in the penalty box. :lol

Top Bottom