• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

So this is a dumb question but I'm still new to this game itself but we really can't have more than 6 people in a club playing games at once? Like last year's Rooms 1, 2, 3, 4 , 5 don't exist anymore!?

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
So this is a dumb question but I'm still new to this game itself but we really can't have more than 6 people in a club playing games at once? Like last year's Rooms 1, 2, 3, 4 , 5 don't exist anymore!?
Correct.

gg's LiveWire and zzswimmer, that one game with the glitch wristers was terrible the other 2 or 3 games we just got beat clean

This goes for everyone...if you guys want to win more than lose in the future you are all gonna have to get on board with playing a collapsing style defense with better positioning as we are getting beat on the same 2 goals every game. In particular the crease needs to be protected by 2 people at all times, and we have to start owning the high slot and denying shooters a free path to cut inside and take that shot from the top of the circle. We need to stop swarming 1 guy out on the wall or behind the net with 3 defenders or recklessly lunging past the high slot looking for a "gift" breakaway steal. Pack it in and make them work for goals.

zsswimmer

I feel ya Vis. Whenever I get scored on I get more and more frustrated and start to go only for big hits which sometimes I'll miss and that creates a scoring opportunity. I might play winger for a bit and try to get some points or just run some fools down with being too big of a liability if I miss. I think last time I played as RW in OTP and I had like 18 hits or something like that.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
gg's LiveWire and zzswimmer, that one game with the glitch wristers was terrible the other 2 or 3 games we just got beat clean

This goes for everyone...if you guys want to win more than lose in the future you are all gonna have to get on board with playing a collapsing style defense with better positioning as we are getting beat on the same 2 goals every game. In particular the crease needs to be protected by 2 people at all times, and we have to start owning the high slot and denying shooters a free path to cut inside and take that shot from the top of the circle. We need to stop swarming 1 guy out on the wall or behind the net with 3 defenders or recklessly lunging past the high slot looking for a "gift" breakaway steal. Pack it in and make them work for goals.
Agreed. We all chase the puck way too much.

Marvie_3 said:
Agreed. We all chase the puck way too much.

We just need to talk more. The hardest thing, at least as a winger, is when they coming down the ice and deciding whether I should be picking up the player or if the center is going to. We just have to talk more and get an idea of who's stepping up to challenge the player with the puck and who is staying back to support.

bumpkin

This might be a dumb question, but what exactly are face-off glitching and the glitch wrister all about? How can you tell when they're happening?

I had a game the other night in one of the HUT tournaments where I got stomped, and it seemed like every goal they got was impossible, and my player seemed to stand still on face-offs; I didn't win one. :-/

RS4-

One thing we can do off the face off is have one winger rush the opposing D and at the same time go through the middle if it's tied up, while the other winger can drop back along with the dmen just in case the opposing center does that awful deke shit.

Usually when I play the wing, I do the above to try and pick up the puck -- we win the draw, I'm up the ice, if they win the draw I either have the puck or it's instant pressure.

I'll probably play tonight.

Marvie_3 said:
Had a bit of time and whipped these up quick. Liked that odd green for some reason. :lol
iqFIv.jpg

Marvie, I made some modifications to the jerseys you came up with a few days ago, let me know what you think and if they are ok I'll set them up, I got rid of the black so they didn't look so much like the ones we are wearing now and kept the jersey and pants the same color so the striping would match

octfrt.jpg

octb.jpg

bumpkin said:
This might be a dumb question, but what exactly are face-off glitching and the glitch wrister all about? How can you tell when they're happening?

I had a game the other night in one of the HUT tournaments where I got stomped, and it seemed like every goal they got was impossible, and my player seemed to stand still on face-offs; I didn't win one. :-/

Faceoff glitch is when the opposing team does something after the game is paused and you go into an endless loop of faceoffs where as soon as you win the faceoff the game will reset itself and force you to take the faceoff again, then its the waiting game seeing which team will get tired of it first and disconnect/take the loss.

You need to adjust your timing on faceoffs, if it seems like you are standing still then you are way too late flicking the stick down, sometimes with hidden lag you need to flick the stick down really early even before the puck is dropped to win faceoffs

RS4-

EA can fuck off with their endless loading screens.

edit - lol, drop in game, loading screen, reboot...drop in game, loading screen...time to reboot again.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
Marvie, I made some modifications to the jerseys you came up with a few days ago, let me know what you think and if they are ok I'll set them up, I got rid of the black so they didn't look so much like the ones we are wearing now and kept the jersey and pants the same color so the striping would match
Can't say I'm a fan. Having the jersey and pants match but different colored socks looks weird. Taking the black out makes them look kinda drab.

The white pants look bad on any jersey though. :lol

i'm going to be on nhl real soon

----me, visualizer, and dokterr are about to go on a major kill streak!

i feel like we're playing great as a unit and through 2 periods....we have 1 goal??

RS4-

If it makes you feel better our AI got glitched into the corner and the other guy just throws in some weak wrister that goes in while this is all going on.

RS4-

lol Marvie :|

Fuck, we just came back two goals down to score 3 unanswered goals all because of Vis's hard work

edit - GGs tonight guys, three game win streak, two shutouts!

Marvie_3 said:
Can't say I'm a fan. Having the jersey and pants match but different colored socks looks weird. Taking the black out makes them look kinda drab.

The white pants look bad on any jersey though. :lol

f*ck it then well just stick with what we got since i hate all your designs and you hate all mine...:lol

ugh, i had that goalie on his knees :(

what the fuck happened on that fight and why did i suddenly win? and why couldn't we do shit? :lol :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
gg's to Marvie, Ph33nix and RS4, got some wins tonight...too bad they didn't count for shit
I see what you mean by 2 people needing to guard the front of the net at all times. :lol

We still kicked their asses though. :D

Marvie_3

Banned
New tuner tonight:

-Increase post-whistle penalties when the post-whistle rules are set to Authentic.
-Small increase in goalie acceleration (part way between previous tuner and original values).
-Increase CPU player fatigue when hustling to correspond with human players.
-Increase effect of the shot accuracy slider at the bottom end (offline games only).
-Stop CPU goalie from passing the puck out sometimes even when nobody was calling for it. (OTP/EASHL only).
-Reduce tendency for aggressive goalies to skate out to play the puck in dangerous situations (HUT and Versus only)
:D

RS4-

Ahh now I can't dump it to the AI side and have them rocket forecheck.

What's the post whistle rules in eashl? I've only seen the penalty once and that was a few days ago. Whereas last year, I remember it happening in our first club match with pokechecking the goalie and we were so surprised :lol

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm putting down Minecraft for the next few days to focus on getting some upgrades on Yuri.

If anyone needs a dreadlocked black D-man after 5pm just holler. That is before 9pm...tonight is Glee. :D

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
DenogginizerOS said:
I just picked up FIFA on X360. If anyone wants to play pick-up games, I am always game.

I'm so tempted, that Ramen United looks so fun. But I know almost nothing about soccer at all.

Marvie_3 said:
Navy striped look fine. Numbers look weird on it but no biggie.

i knew bribing Denogg to pretend to like 1 of my jerseys would pay off:D i just set them up on club and changed the numbers to something more "conservative"

Oh yeah Denogg you need to keep all that "foot fairy" soccer talk out of our hockey thread, this is a man's game
i got FIFA too hit me up for a game whenever

Top Bottom