• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

i thought we had some pretty good offensive movement last night. sick GW by visualizer but that game should've been over already :(

gg's yesterday to ph33nix, BigJonsson, bumpkin and Sniper McBlaze

I was surprised that 1 goal got waved off for the high stick in the game we played late last night, looked like it didn't touch the stick until it came down under the crossbar. Our defensive participation got better as the night went on as you guys were busy cherry picking and leaving me to defend 3 on 1's for the better part of 2 games. That's all well and good but I was kinda pissed at you ph33nix when I noticed you cherry picking when we were short handed in the last 2 games, not cool man, pick your spots for that better next time.

TheVisualizer said:

I was surprised that 1 goal got waved off for the high stick in the game we played late last night, looked like it didn't touch the stick until it came down under the crossbar. Our defensive participation got better as the night went on as you guys were busy cherry picking and leaving me to defend 3 on 1's for the better part of 2 games. That's all well and good but I was kinda pissed at you ph33nix when I noticed you cherry picking when we were short handed in the last 2 games, not cool man, pick your spots for that better next time.

all that shit was happening because i was lagging so my bad, parts of that were coming and going at the worst times. if you ever see me suddenly just stop moving or skating in a weird ass direction, or passing the puck to seemingly no one on the boards that's usually why

last night i tried avoiding puck chasing on defense and just staying in my zone. my guy's not a good shot blocker at all and i raised his D-aware/stick checking so i'll be guarding and trying to intercept passes back to the point more often

also that fucking goal should have counted wtf your stick definitely did not hit the cross bar. i'm pretty sure i shot the puck into the crossbar like 5 times though

i must say though i was really pleased with the way our offense looked when we got into the halfcourt sets (is it halfcourt in hockey? lol) it just felt like guys were always putting themselves into position to receive good passes/shots and that the shots we had were good. some possessions we had like at least 5 passes before a shot and i like that

bumpkin

TheVisualizer said:

Yeah, definitely! Sorry I had to bail after the second game; that overtime game didn't help with the whole "need sleep, gotta work" thing. :lol

The second game was a heartbreaker... Like, I have no idea WTF happened. They drew first blood with the go-ahead goal, then I scored the goal on the power play to tie it up, but then it just went to shit; though that ridiculous wrister through the screen for our second goal was nasty!

If I took anything away from that game, it's that I need to stick to offensive positions (LW, RW or C). I was completely lost playing RD; I'm just not used to knowing who I should cover and when. It's second nature staying in front of the pack in the attacking zone and staying up near the top on defense. I did us more harm than good. :(

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
all that shit was happening because i was lagging so my bad, parts of that were coming and going at the worst times. if you ever see me suddenly just stop moving or skating in a weird ass direction, or passing the puck to seemingly no one on the boards that's usually why
Does that mean you were lagging every game in NHL 10 as well? ;) :lol

RS4-

I think it was smoke alarms :lol

I like our play in the offensive zone, more often than not we don't score and that isn't our fault, it's just EAs shitty programming that rewards lazy shit to go in.

Marvie_3 said:
Does that mean you were lagging every game in NHL 10 as well? ;) :lol

pat_riley_oj_mayo.png

ph33nix said:
i must say though i was really pleased with the way our offense looked when we got into the halfcourt sets (is it halfcourt in hockey? lol) it just felt like guys were always putting themselves into position to receive good passes/shots and that the shots we had were good. some possessions we had like at least 5 passes before a shot and i like that

yeah you guys were pretty sharp, no disrespect to the rest of the team but we need more forwards to be playmakers like ph33nix, right now most of the rest of you guys want to be poachers/snipers. He knows what to do with the puck in his hands and constantly puts pressure on the opposition's defense and if hes not scoring hes freeing up others to. We have some def talent here but sometimes you guys are too predictable and/or selfish in the offensive zone.

TheVisualizer said:
yeah you guys were pretty sharp, no disrespect to the rest of the team but we need more forwards to be playmakers like ph33nix, right now most of the rest of you guys want to be poachers/snipers. He knows what to do with the puck in his hands and constantly puts pressure on the opposition's defense and if hes not scoring hes freeing up others to. We have some def talent here but sometimes you guys are too predictable and/or selfish in the offensive zone.
Man, if Pheenix is a model for teamplay, you guys must be scrubbing it up haaaaard this year. :lol :lol :lol

No disrespect, Pheenix. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Man, if Pheenix is a model for teamplay, you guys must be scrubbing it up haaaaard this year. :lol :lol :lol

No disrespect, Pheenix. :lol
We're actually playing much better lately. You haven't played in weeks. Coincidence?

RS4-

wow what a glitch, guy gets into a fight, one player still has his stick and...he wins :lol

edit - I wonder if that's part of the new tuner

LiveWire

gg earlier Vis, House and pheenix. Finally had the type of offensive game I wanted. Gamewinner was perfect pheenix, you slowed up just in time to get my pass.

yeah every team i played on tonight played really well. we should have scored more than we did overall but i thought it was very solid throughout

i'll probably be on later

RS4-

lol last two games: 8-0

Or 11-0 since EA tacks on +3 for winning a DC game

edit - ggs tonight; last game was stick lift heaven and their only goal was off a double redirect

bumpkin

ggs last night! I definitely like playing Center a lot more than either of the Def positions. I absolutely crushed the first team we played on faceoffs! :D And getting a few assists and the goal coming up on the trailer were pretty sweet. I think that may have actually been the best game I've played since joining the club, as far as personal performance goes. I really worked on trying to stay on the puck on defense and trying to stay open in the attacking zone to either put a shot on net or create an opportunity for someone else.

The second game was a real bitch though. Those guys were stupid fast and their poke checking was almost unnaturally potent... Weird shit. I didn't have as good of luck on the faceoffs as I did in game one; something felt off. Maybe they were glitching somehow. It could've just been lag too. Either way, we put up a hell of a fight and that tying goal late in the game was awesome! It just sucks that they won off that garbage wrister right in front of our goalie. The CPU is retarded.

Marvie_3

Banned
I might be on tonight. Depends on if I can get everything unpacked and still have energy to do something other than sleep. :lol

bumpkin said:
ggs last night! I definitely like playing Center a lot more than either of the Def positions. I absolutely crushed the first team we played on faceoffs! :D And getting a few assists and the goal coming up on the trailer were pretty sweet. I think that may have actually been the best game I've played since joining the club, as far as personal performance goes. I really worked on trying to stay on the puck on defense and trying to stay open in the attacking zone to either put a shot on net or create an opportunity for someone else.

The second game was a real bitch though. Those guys were stupid fast and their poke checking was almost unnaturally potent... Weird shit. I didn't have as good of luck on the faceoffs as I did in game one; something felt off. Maybe they were glitching somehow. It could've just been lag too. Either way, we put up a hell of a fight and that tying goal late in the game was awesome! It just sucks that they won off that garbage wrister right in front of our goalie. The CPU is retarded.

yeah you were great on faceoffs in the games i played with you. Between you and LiveWire we actually have 2 centermen that can win draws now. I didnt play the last game but if you were getting dominated on faceoffs its likely the other team's center put a lot of points into his faceoff attribute and/or your timing needed adjustment. You need to figure out the timing for each game as it varys per the network connection. If you notice your guy seems to be standing still while you are getting beat then you are really late and need to try winning it before the puck is dropped to account for lag.

LiveWire

TheVisualizer said:
You need to figure out the timing for each game as it varys per the network connection. If you notice your guy seems to be standing still while you are getting beat then you are really late and need to try winning it before the puck is dropped to account for lag.

Yea that tip helped tremendously. I can figure out from pretty much the opening faceoff what kind of game it will be now.

Man I wish the replay/highlight creator was better, I really want a replay of that sweet one-timer I set up for pheenix.

Marvie_3

Banned
LiveWire said:
Yea that tip helped tremendously. I can figure out from pretty much the opening faceoff what kind of game it will be now.

Man I wish the replay/highlight creator was better, I really want a replay of that sweet one-timer I set up for pheenix.
Is that some new code phrase for bong?

bumpkin

LiveWire said:

Are you talking about that play where one of you was like "that was exactly what I was trying to do!" after ripping a shot up the center and it deflecting off a stick for the goal? That was a pretty freakin' sweet play.

LiveWire

bumpkin said:
Are you talking about that play where one of you was like "that was exactly what I was trying to do!" after ripping a shot up the center and it deflecting off a stick for the goal? That was a pretty freakin' sweet play.

No, it was a play where I crossed the blueline, spun around at the top of the circle and drew 3 defenders, then dished over to a wide open pheenix who put it top shelf for the gamewinner 30 seconds into OT.

LiveWire said:

it was a truly brilliant setup. our team is meshing much better this year

anyways I've had a long day. I'm about to go eat a quarter pounder, a chicken sandwich, fries, and a giant ass coke from mcdonalds because i need it. then i'll get in

bumpkin

ph33nix said:
it was a truly brilliant setup. our team is meshing much better this year

anyways I've had a long day. I'm about to go eat a quarter pounder, a chicken sandwich, fries, and a giant ass coke from mcdonalds because i need it. then i'll get in
Jesus! :lol That's two or three meals for me.

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
I hadn't eaten ANYTHING up to this point. When I was teaching my stomach was growling :lol
So you put that shit in your body? Gahdamn... :lol

And what do you teach? How to smoke weed properly? :lol

RS4-

I score 10 seconds into the game and they quit. Fuck off :lol

I'll be back at 10. GG's pheenix and... to some extent those 10 secs to Vis :lol

me, RS4 and ph33nix were smashing dudes tonight...no homo

I got some ish to do tomorrow but will be on late after 11pm for some October Season action, with our play since the playoffs I'm thinking there's no doubt we can finish above 500 this month.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
me, RS4 and ph33nix were smashing dudes tonight...no homo

I got some ish to do tomorrow but will be on late after 11pm for some October Season action, with our play since the playoffs I'm thinking there's no doubt we can finish above 500 this month.
Man, I said that sooooo many times last year. :lol

Top Bottom