• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Voting for the February Jerseys has ended in a tie between Marvie's Swedish National Team ripoffs (Blue, Yellow, Black) and my Dead Corpses (Army Green, Black, White). I'll let Marvie have his way again this month and we'll go with his jerseys... but with some slight modifications.

ORIGINALS
ahfzF.jpg

MODIFIED
562A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_MMy.jpg

Marvie let me know if you are cool with my changes and I'll setup them up

Marvie_3 said:
They're fine if you keep the numbering the way I had it. :D

jerseys are all setup, my bad I wasn't even paying attention to the numbering, it's been fixed

I'll prob be on tomorrow during the day, gonna watch the Flyers game tomorrow night and will def be on after that to help get our season off to a good start

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
jerseys are all setup, my bad I wasn't even paying attention to the numbering, it's been fixed

I'll prob be on tomorrow during the day, gonna watch the Flyers game tomorrow night and will def be on after that to help get our season off to a good start
I'll be on most of the day after 5pm EST.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Those are uuuuugly. What about the clowns?
You're ugly.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Quiet quitter!
Says the guy who signed up last year and didn't play a single game.

Marvie_3 said:
I'll be on most of the day after 5pm EST.

You're ugly.

Says the guy who signed up last year and didn't play a single game.

Yes I did. I just sucked and didn't last long. There were less setup times than this year, or at least when I played.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Yes I did. I just sucked and didn't last long. There were less setup times than this year, or at least when I played.
You had 0 games played and I don't even remember you playing. haha

Marvie_3 said:
You had 0 games played and I don't even remember you playing. haha
Really? That's odd. I definitely had a couple because I remember people always wanted to be forwards and no one wanted to play defense. I left pretty early since it was hard getting a spot at times.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Really? That's odd. I definitely had a couple because I remember people always wanted to be forwards and no one wanted to play defense. I left pretty early since it was hard getting a spot at times.
That may be why you're not on last year's roster.

Quitter.....

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Still not as bad as Viz! :D
Viz is like a little kid that runs away from home. Wait 5 minutes and he comes home.

You're like the skanky teenage daughter. You're gone a whole year and who knows where you've been or what you've done in that time.

Marvie_3

Banned
Put together a playoff stats section. It's not pretty. :lol

Viz has 0 goals on 50 shots......

307umo4.jpg

~300 posts until we surpass all of last year's thread..... :lol

zsswimmer

Out of those two jersey above, I think the second set is best. The away jersey with the blue trim is ten times better than the ones with the yellow

zsswimmer said:
Out of those two jersey above, I think the second set is best. The away jersey with the blue trim is ten times better than the ones with the yellow

that's why I changed them

oh yeah kiss my ass Marvie, I've played defensemen every playoff game, I'm not supposed to score goals
although I haven't played much defense in the playoffs either

RS4-

Fuck, I'm still trying to find the game from local sellers because there's no way I'm paying retail again for it

:(

How do you find the statistics for most in a single game? When you click club roster it just has overall.

Edit: Nvm, never scrolled down far enough in acheivements or whatever it is.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
that's why I changed them

oh yeah kiss my ass Marvie, I've played defensemen every playoff game, I'm not supposed to score goals
although I haven't played much defense in the playoffs either
I was just surprised you hadn't gotten even 1 goal in the playoffs. The stats show that we need to play a lot better in the playoffs though. We seem to be taking a lot of bad shots.

RS4- said:
Lol yeah, I'm canadian.
Haha! You're Canadian!

Marvie_3 said:
I was just surprised you hadn't gotten even 1 goal in the playoffs. The stats show that we need to play a lot better in the playoffs though. We seem to be taking a lot of bad shots.

The numbers dont lie though. My biggest problem finding the right balance of offensive participation from my defenseman spot. I get frustrated watching u guys struggle from back there as a lot of times I know my stickhandling, vision and overall playmaking could help us score more. At the same time I've been trying hard to play shutdown D in the playoffs and not allow the other team any easy chances. I thought I did my part in holding us down on D this month in the playoffs as I only got beat once and was off the faceoff deke on swim's side (don't mean to point fingers but its easier to take the passer out on that then cutoff the pass once it's been sent across). The other goal in the 2nd game was from a juicy rebound that we couldn't do anything about.

I think as a team you guys gotta try to set me up at the point more for slapshots and one-timers as my slapshot stats are lethal (95 power and 95 acc). My chances right now are all in traffic after the puck is walked towards me then passed and I usually get swarmed too quick to even get a shot off. I have some ideas on how to get me freed up that I need to show yall in practice.

TheVisualizer said:
The numbers dont lie though. My biggest problem finding the right balance of offensive participation from my defenseman spot. I get frustrated watching u guys struggle from back there as a lot of times I know my stickhandling, vision and overall playmaking could help us score more. At the same time I've been trying hard to play shutdown D in the playoffs and not allow the other team any easy chances. I thought I did my part in holding us down on D this month in the playoffs as I only got beat once and was off the faceoff deke on swim's side (don't mean to point fingers but its easier to take the passer out on that then cutoff the pass once it's been sent across). The other goal in the 2nd game was from a juicy rebound that we couldn't do anything about.

I think as a team you guys gotta try to set me up at the point more for slapshots and one-timers as my slapshot stats are lethal (95 power and 95 acc). My chances right now are all in traffic after the puck is walked towards me then passed and I usually get swarmed too quick to even get a shot off. I have some ideas on how to get me freed up that I need to show yall in practice.

the only way your slapshots will matter is if everyone gets out of your way. i think we crowd the net too much. i don't like playing "shoot and hope for a deflection/rebound" hockey

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
the only way your slapshots will matter is if everyone gets out of your way. i think we crowd the net too much. i don't like playing "shoot and hope for a deflection/rebound" hockey
I disagree, kind sir. Viz and I can get the screen plays working well. We've both scored a lot when we're setting good screens. It won't work when EVERYONE is in front of the net obviously, which is why the other forwards need to be properly positioned.

ph33nix said:

there are 4 ways D-men can get around this:

1) the winger on the opposite side can walk up the wall then look to throw a diagonal pass to me back to the center of the blueline (if there is a passing lane). The D will be out of position and... profit

2) the winger on either side can move up the wall a little bit and give me an accurate pass to the shortside of the ice that I can do a one-timer slapshot on. The D won't have time to get in position.

3) The winger can move down to their corner of the blueline. D-man slides over slightly past the middle to the weakside. Other D-man either goes up the wall a little or backs out of the zone. Winger sends an accurate pass across the blue line from to my stick for a quick slapper or one-timer if the pass is accurate enough... profit

4) the other D-man gets the puck at center ice on the blueline, skates across towards his wall and right before he gets there throws the pass back to the middle of the blueline for me to take and slap or one-timer slapshot. D will have adjusted to his position and there will be a shooting lane and... wait for it... profit

as far as shoot and hope for deflections, that's an ignorant way of looking at it. There's a skill to both positioning for deflections and shooting for them that most of you don't understand. I tried to show a few of yall in practice mode a few months back (i think it was denogg, dmorr and swimmer). It's a far more viable tactic than you guys with your shitty stickhandling trying to force your way to the slot everytime. It's all about mixing it up and finding easier ways to score, worst possible thing to do in this game is to become predictable, we have to diversify our offense at some point or we are bound to have the same results going forward. A step above mediocrity with a disappointing playoff exit each month...

Marvie_3

Banned
We can throw out #2. Its a non-profit strategy.

Agree about the predictability though. We've completely gotten away from the dump & chase lately. It was working well when we had that mixed in our offense. Now all the forwards skate in a straight line and get hammered at the blue line. I know I do it because I get frustrated and try to be a hero until I get hammered at the line.

Another thing we all need to do is move the puck faster in the offensive zone. The other players on the ice need to constantly be looking for open ice though. It seems that a lot of our turnovers come from a pressured player trying to make a bad pass to someone that is covered as welll because no one is trying to get open.

Marvie_3 said:
We can throw out #2. Its a non-profit strategy.

Agree about the predictability though. We've completely gotten away from the dump & chase lately. It was working well when we had that mixed in our offense. Now all the forwards skate in a straight line and get hammered at the blue line. I know I do it because I get frustrated and try to be a hero until I get hammered at the line.

Another thing we all need to do is move the puck faster in the offensive zone. The other players on the ice need to constantly be looking for open ice though. It seems that a lot of our turnovers come from a pressured player trying to make a bad pass to someone that is covered as welll because no one is trying to get open.

yeah my bad on number 2 it was a last min addition, although it is prob the least profitable option anyway

but you hit it on the head, in the offensive zone unless you are setting a screen or have some sort of play disguised you should always be constantly readjusting ur position to give our puckhandler a better passing lane to you. Don't stand or stand out of the way as it doesn't help us any.

We just have to get used to where we try to go to open up passes. I usually get yelled at for going behind the net but it's force of habit to go to the wall to open up a passing lane and try to open up a pass to someone.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
I like how Viz was always in the perfect place to let me pass back to him <3

I also took a lot of shitty turnovers I don't normally do, I definitely need to booze more for nhl, makes me way more awesome.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
I like how Viz was always in the perfect place to let me pass back to him <3

I also took a lot of shitty turnovers I don't normally do, I definitely need to booze more for nhl, makes me way more awesome.
Ah, the patented Marvielaserbot technique.

RS4-

Yikes, NHL 11 is still $65+ here lol; should be mandatory that sports titles drop to half price halfway through the season.

gg's tonight, we demolished Scuba Steve and the absolute worst EASHL team then took a bunch of losses to get us back to our rightful place in the Amateur Division

P.S.A.

We will be tanking for the rest of February to stay in the Amateur Division so we guarantee the Working Class Gypsies our first playoff banner for the rafters. This will also give Zaraki plenty of chances to get his team leading +/- back over -100

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
gg's tonight, we demolished Scuba Steve and the absolute worst EASHL team then took a bunch of losses to get us back to our rightful place in the Amateur Division

P.S.A.

We will be tanking for the rest of February to stay in the Amateur Division so we guarantee the Working Class Gypsies our first playoff banner for the rafters. This will also give Zaraki plenty of chances to get his team leading +/- back over -100
Yeah, our tanking is going to be epic. Just going by +/- and points, we could just let Manchot and swim play 2's all month and we wouldn't have to worry about even trying to fail. :D

Those last 2 games were tough losses though. Should have had those.

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah, our tanking is going to be epic. Just going by +/- and points, we could just let Manchot and swim play 2's all month and we wouldn't have to worry about even trying to fail. :D

Those last 2 games were tough losses though. Should have had those.

What did swimmer do to deserve a fate that cruel, I can barely stand Zaraki when we play with a full team, I can't imagine how terrible it would be to only play 2's with him...

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
What did swimmer do to deserve a fate that cruel, I can barely stand Zaraki when we play with a full team, I can't imagine how terrible it would be to only play 2's with him...
Like I said, I was just going by points and +/-. Getting stuck playing 2s with Manchot is swim's punishment for not contributing more. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm gonna send out messages to anyone that hasn't played in awhile and after that I'm going to do some more roster cleanup. Gonna be some new jersey numbers open if anyone wants to switch.

YOU'RE JEALOUS ALL OF YA! YOU WISH YOU COULD DIVE WITH THE GRACE I CAN. DEAD MOTHERFUCKING WEIGHT IF YOU ASK ME! HA! >:O

And :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol @ ph33nix thinking scuba steve was steve irwin. LOL.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Like I said, I was just going by points and +/-. Getting stuck playing 2s with Manchot is swim's punishment for not contributing more. :lol
Hey now, I never advertised that I was an offensive dman! Plus when the only passes I receive are from Vis I don't have much opportunity to put pucks on net :mad:

Marvie_3 said:
I'm gonna send out messages to anyone that hasn't played in awhile and after that I'm going to do some more roster cleanup. Gonna be some new jersey numbers open if anyone wants to switch.

I see you got me switched back to number #4 already, update my player name in the OP when you get a chance too it's The Franchise

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
And :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol @ ph33nix thinking scuba steve was steve irwin. LOL.

yeah that shit was gold, he was so sure of himself lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
YOU'RE JEALOUS ALL OF YA! YOU WISH YOU COULD DIVE WITH THE GRACE I CAN. DEAD MOTHERFUCKING WEIGHT IF YOU ASK ME! HA! >:O

You sure are! :D

zsswimmer said:
Hey now, I never advertised that I was an offensive dman! Plus when the only passes I receive are from Vis I don't have much opportunity to put pucks on net :mad:
Well fine. It's your punishment for not having a mic for so long then. ;)

sefskillz said:
sounds like you guys are missing my playmaking ability
Maybe you should play moar then.

TheVisualizer said:
I see you got me switched back to number #4 already, update my player name in the OP when you get a chance too it's The Franchise
Done.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Still working on trying to figure out my Xbox Live problems. Looking back I started having issues since the Live update on the 19th, coincidence? I'm going to try playing on my non-slim 360 and see if I have any problems.

SCHUEY F1 said:
Still working on trying to figure out my Xbox Live problems. Looking back I started having issues since the Live update on the 19th, coincidence? I'm going to try playing on my non-slim 360 and see if I have any problems.

my bad, i got ur msg schuey but was in the middle of a tough game and couldnt respond, when me and swim finished the game you were playing COD and we were only gonna play 1 more game so I didn't think it was worth bothering you over

I'll be back on tonight at some point unless my FIFA Club is getting together

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
TheVisualizer said:
my bad, i got ur msg schuey but was in the middle of a tough game and couldnt respond, when me and swim finished the game you were playing COD and we were only gonna play 1 more game so I didn't think it was worth bothering you over

I'll be back on tonight at some point unless my FIFA Club is getting together

No problem.
You son of a bitch, ;)

Top Bottom