• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
I'm game whenever, just spam me when it's time
2ic73va.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
This is basically a conversation I could see laserbot and I having.
(He's the one in the flannel and glasses, i'm in the green)
Too-hip-to-function.png

zsswimmer

Got disconnected after being lagged out so much.

Man fuck my connection, it literally is shitty past 8pm EST from Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Fuck this shit, we had shitty dorm connections last year now I'm stuck with shitty independent ISPs.

This is why I am always playing in the afternoon.

RS4-

Either the weather is fucking up my connection or it's EA. I get booted off the server but stay connected to live. Anyway, ggs everyone. I got owned quite a bit tonight.

Marvie_3

Banned
RS4- said:
Either the weather is fucking up my connection or it's EA. I get booted off the server but stay connected to live. Anyway, ggs everyone. I got owned quite a bit tonight.
You weren't that bad. You only gave up 900 breakaways. ;)

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Did the pokecheck get nerfed from last I played? It seemed like it hardly ever separated the player from the puck when I used it last night.
Not to my knowledge, I use it successfully all the time, stealing away the puck in their end or knocking it away before they can shoot in ours.

Nozdeuce said:
Not to my knowledge, I use it successfully all the time, stealing away the puck in their end or knocking it away before they can shoot in ours.
Dunno, there was one point last night I was in front of the guy and pokechecked 6 times down the length of the ice and he kept the puck and got a shot off.

Nozdeuce

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Dunno, there was one point last night I was in front of the guy and pokechecked 6 times down the length of the ice and he kept the puck and got a shot off.
Yeah I remember that one, if you have the juice that wouldve been a good situation to just flatten the guy. I find I can never really pokecheck people from infront of them like that.

Nozdeuce said:
Yeah I remember that one, if you have the juice that wouldve been a good situation to just flatten the guy. I find I can never really pokecheck people from infront of them like that.

I try not to hit if I can help it since I'm afraid of missing and them getting a breakaway. I'll usually shot block before I do that.

Nozdeuce

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I try not to hit if I can help it since I'm afraid of missing and them getting a breakaway. I'll usually shot block before I do that.
Probably for the best, especially with the likes of me just winging it

In the game I left after (we quit before it ended) we were sloppy on picking up on more than 2 people crashing the net. In this scenario

4gsbc.jpg

Who should pick up the right most person? The left two are the first two arrive and therefore are picked up by the D but the third person comes late and kept getting a lot of "open net" rebounds due to be opening and it being redirected by the goalie. Should the RW or C be dropping to pick up this person?

Nozdeuce

Do what Swim does and counter 3 people by parking yourself in front of the net? It wouldn't have been so bad had everyone not followed the puck carrier

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
In the game I left after (we quit before it ended) we were sloppy on picking up on more than 2 people crashing the net. In this scenario

Who should pick up the right most person? The left two are the first two arrive and therefore are picked up by the D but the third person comes late and kept getting a lot of "open net" rebounds due to be opening and it being redirected by the goalie. Should the RW or C be dropping to pick up this person?
The center should be down helping if the D are outnumbered.

Nozdeuce

Swim routinely counters 3 humans by doing amazing things. So uhh do amazing things too?

Nozdeuce said:
Do what Swim does and counter 3 people by parking yourself in front of the net? It wouldn't have been so bad had everyone not followed the puck carrier

You can't? The picture shows a guy in front of the net blocking the guy in front of the net. If the goalie redirects it to the right to the third guy crashing the net you the D can't move fast enough to block that thus the like 3 or 4 goals we gave up like that.

Marvie_3 said:
The center should be down helping if the D are outnumbered.

Ok, thought so. Wasn't positive though.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
You can't? The picture shows a guy in front of the net blocking the guy in front of the net. If the goalie redirects it to the right to the third guy crashing the net you the D can't move fast enough to block that thus the like 3 or 4 goals we gave up like that.

Ok, thought so. Wasn't positive though.
Didn't Viz's 9000 defensive posts teach you anything?

Marvie_3 said:
Didn't Viz's 9000 defensive posts teach you anything?

Not really. But seriously I just wanted to make sure because I felt awkward dropping to help as the RW but started to to try and stop them from scoring there so much.

Nozdeuce

<3 Swim

Awesome games Swim, that last one was so retarded, totally wore me out. Such huge comebacks though, and it really did a lot for my goal/assist ratio. Incredible defense as always, especially with me being extra useless in our end today.

zsswimmer

Yeah you had like 50 goals in 4 games. They were all soooo boring though. By the end I was ready to punch my TV cuz there was stoppage after stoppage. GGs though

Nozdeuce

zsswimmer said:
Yeah you had like 50 goals in 4 games. They were all soooo boring though. By the end I was ready to punch my TV cuz there was stoppage after stoppage. GGs though
lol good job roid rage =p I found them to be more stressful than boring, so so much pain. I turned it over like a thousand times, you see why though, in the end in that last game instead of turning it over a million times I heroically held onto it and did awesome things. Scoring goals makes me a horrible team player.

You were amazing on defense though, as always. Only weak part of your game is having to deal with me being insane and neither of us knowing where I'm going, but you even handle that amazingly well. Way to be completely unstoppable.

I liked my tying goal I kicked in, that was sooooo bad. God damn posts, hit so fucking many. The bastards

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
lol good job roid rage =p I found them to be more stressful than boring, so so much pain. I turned it over like a thousand times, you see why though, in the end in that last game instead of turning it over a million times I heroically held onto it and did awesome things. Scoring goals makes me a horrible team player.

You were amazing on defense though, as always. Only weak part of your game is having to deal with me being insane and neither of us knowing where I'm going, but you even handle that amazingly well. Way to be completely unstoppable.

I liked my tying goal I kicked in, that was sooooo bad. God damn posts, hit so fucking many. The bastards
I do this too. I get pissed, try to weave in between a few guys which draws the D, then make some miracle pass to someone for a goal. It makes it look like I'm a skilled playmaker when I'm really just slanging.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
I do this too. I get pissed, try to weave in between a few guys which draws the D, then make some miracle pass to someone for a goal. It makes it look like I'm a skilled playmaker when I'm really just slanging.
BEST PASS IN THE GAME'S A REBOUND WHEEE. Yeah no, I never even do skilled moves, just like, if you see me get flattened going up the boards, it's because one day I managed to brush it off and keep going once. repeat times infinity People were open icing me all morning, then randomly I'd get hit and freeze, lose the puck, RANDOMLY GET IT BACK, and go about my business and score.

zsswimmer

Well a decent night, I believe 4-2 so thats not awful. You had plenty of goals lol, just the game saying FUCK YOU to us.

I probably would've played after but that last game was so fucking awful I had to give myself some time to wrap my head around it.

We are sitting there, 2-2 tied, and the cpu is looking to pass out of the zone. So he passes it STRAIGHT to the fucking opposing forward who scores. Our CPU was fucking awful the entire night but that was the one that set me off. Fuck that shit.

Oh Manchot nice job showing up -_-

Nozdeuce

zsswimmer said:
Well a decent night, I believe 4-2 so thats not awful. You had plenty of goals lol, just the game saying FUCK YOU to us.

I probably would've played after but that last game was so fucking awful I had to give myself some time to wrap my head around it.

We are sitting there, 2-2 tied, and the cpu is looking to pass out of the zone. So he passes it STRAIGHT to the fucking opposing forward who scores. Our CPU was fucking awful the entire night but that was the one that set me off. Fuck that shit.

NO I NEEDED MORE. There were so many times I didn't score, it burns with the fire of a thousand suns.

No worries with you calling it a night with that last one, totally understandable. CPU mistakes don't really phase me anymore, the tumor gets bigger but aside from that they just roll right off me. It really was fucking retarded though.

zsswimmer said:

No one said they were going to so I went to bed. I know you'll always be on but I can't score and you play D so I usually like to have at least 3. :(

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:

You're disappointed about that? ;)

Nozdeuce

Blargh, I really didn't have it going today, was pretty horrible at everything. :(

zsswimmer

Nozdeuce said:
Blargh, I really didn't have it going today, was pretty horrible at everything. :(
We got to work on the turnovers my man. First things first, I think you are trying to carry the team's offense on your back, which certainly should not be the way to do it. You could probably cut half your turnovers [there are a lot ;)] by throwing it down to the dman.

Jamming the puck in the middle seems to be this entire team's offense, its not just you, everyone likes to get it to the slot and shoot. Problem is that half the time you are poke checked or hit off the puck, resulting in zero offense.

Cycling the puck is a much better way to get a forecheck going. Get the human players to start moving out of their positions, opening up the ice. The point is being neglected, its true that not a lot of goals are probably going to be scored, but it opens up potential rebounds that could be easily put in for a forward in the right place.

We have been constantly going to OT in 1-1 and 2-2 games, and I feel that^ is precisely why we are having to 'grind' out games. Also, the lack of a regular center is killing us, and makes the games we play in last twice as long. The other team wins the faceoffs, shoots the puck, goalie covers, rinse and repeat.

Finally, you fuckers that don't ever play should start playing!

Nozdeuce

Pretty much, I in no way dispute it being my fault. I mostly just fear cpu passing to try to super hog it. I've also just not been playing well period.

Top Bottom