• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Anyone playing before like 3AM for once?
Not with you!

TheVisualizer said:
sorry man, I get lost sometimes, there are so many sub-menus to navigate

not sure if you got my message last night, I responded to yours saying I was ready to play and when I hopped on you started up an online game so I hopped on Crysis 2 with my brother
How is Crysis 2?

TheVisualizer said:
that was a quick trip to Russia, Jagr... What happened they didn't want you either? :)

I'm gonna watch the Flyers/Pens game and I'll be after, probably around 10pm EST

I probably won't watch we're just going to lose again.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Marvie_3 said:
How is Crysis 2?
I was really impressed by the closed mp beta back in october. Finally got around to picking it up today, should be goooood times. I don't think the multiplayer is for everyone though, takes a certain kind of person to enjoy getting the drop on someone and have them ARMOR UP and not die. Or have an INVISIBLE person get the drop on you. I loved it though, really good shooty.

Marvie_3 said:
How is Crysis 2?

Crysis 2 is pretty good so far, the gameplay is more tactical than your average shooter in the campaign, I haven't gotten that far but it's been a little too easy on the 2nd of 4 difficulty levels so I need to bump that up so I actually have to fear dying.

I like the MP, seems pretty balanced so far. With the suit powers there's a bit more complexity than your average FPS. The maps seem really well thought out and there are pretty cool rewards for progression with you unlocking specific guns, gun attachments and suit powers depending on how you play. It's the most fun I've had with an online FPS since I played Bad Company 2. Only problem right now is the spawns are hit and miss, sometimes you get spawned right next to an enemy, even at the beginning of a match in a rather large level.

Nozdeuce

TheVisualizer said:
Crysis 2 is pretty good so far, the gameplay is more tactical than your average shooter in the campaign, I haven't gotten that far but it's been a little too easy on the 2nd of 4 difficulty levels so I need to bump that up so I actually have to fear dying.

I like the MP, seems pretty balanced so far. With the suit powers there's a bit more complexity than your average FPS. The maps seem really well thought out and there are pretty cool rewards for progression with you unlocking specific guns, gun attachments and suit powers depending on how you play. It's the most fun I've had with an online FPS since I played Bad Company 2. Only problem right now is the spawns are hit and miss, sometimes you get spawned right next to an enemy, even at the beginning of a match in a rather large level.
Ooooh god that sounds awful. I think I like it so much because while it has the suit powers and perks it's not bullshitty. Just comes down to shooting good.

Any thoughts on the perks? I'm thinking the less armor drain thing, seeing footsteps and better aim down sights

Nozdeuce said:
Ooooh god that sounds awful. I think I like it so much because while it has the suit powers and perks it's not bullshitty. Just comes down to shooting good.

Any thoughts on the perks? I'm thinking the less armor drain thing, seeing footsteps and better aim down sights

I'm only at Level 9 or 10 so I don't have much unlocked, I'm using the Armor Enhance one, either the Radar Jammer or Radar Blindspot and the Point Fire so I am more accurate firing from the hip. I didn't think the Aim Down Sights made that much of a difference except when I "tried" sniping on the Lighthouse map.

Flyers and Pens are in 2ns intermission, I'll be on in like 45 mins for some clubbin

Nozdeuce

TheVisualizer said:
I'm only at Level 9 or 10 so I don't have much unlocked, I'm using the Armor Enhance one, either the Radar Jammer or Radar Blindspot and the Point Fire so I am more accurate firing from the hip. I didn't think the Aim Down Sights made that much of a difference except when I "tried" sniping on the Lighthouse map.

Flyers and Pens are in 2ns intermission, I'll be on in like 45 mins for some clubbin
Hip firing does sound like good times, since I got the unlock point from hitting whatever reqs with the Aim Down Sights dealie im probably done with it. With extra recoil I'll actually aim at the body and not just whiff on headshots constantly. It turns out I'm really really bad at multiplayer now. Something between my ADD and playing with the sound off making spotting invisible people (everyone) kind of challenging.

gg's yall, we had 2 clunkers in there, 1 was against a pretty damn good team, but the rest were fun

I regret to inform the Team Owner (Marcie) that I'm officially ON STRIKE until we change those trash ass jerseys that I am forced to wear out there. This shit is not cool, it's modern-day slavery you know...

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
gg's yall, we had 2 clunkers in there, 1 was against a pretty damn good team, but the rest were fun

I regret to inform the Team Owner (Marcie) that I'm officially ON STRIKE until we change those trash ass jerseys that I am forced to wear out there. This shit is not cool, it's modern-day slavery you know...
Jerseys are changed so you can stop manchoting all over the thread.

RS4- said:
GGs tonight other than that bullshit game that we lost.
Yeah, I'm not too disappointed EA disconnected me during that one. I probably woulda quit playing for the night if I'd been in that game until the end.

Marvie_3 said:
Jerseys are changed so you can stop manchoting all over the thread.

Yeah, I'm not too disappointed EA disconnected me during that one. I probably woulda quit playing for the night if I'd been in that game until the end.
There can only be one manchot. :D

Marvie_3

Banned
Montresor said:
So how do the playoffs work? Please don't be single elimination.
It is. Basically, there are 4 "rounds". If you win the first game you move on and play other teams that have gotten to that round. Once you win 4 playoff games in a row you're considered a "champion".

yeah sorry about that shit game the other night where i bailed before finishing 1 game. i just wasn't in the mood after all the pony shit that happened

zsswimmer

If everyone is playing in the playoffs tomorrow night someone can fill in my spot. UFC is on :D

So maybe like House-Schuey or one of those guys don't get on we can get the newbie some playoff experience ;)

Nozdeuce

Viiiiiz..and Marcie, I guess.

Now that I know whats actually going on in Crysis mp I like it a lot more. I've been sticking with armor enhance (less drainy) but just unlocked the one where you regain nanojuice for every kill (possible netgain?). I'm pretty useless/lazy when it comes to Stealth so I just use the quieter footsteps thing, I like not clomping around like a Budweiser clydesdale (I really wish friendly footsteps were quieter overall). Because I'm so extremely boring I ended up sticking the lowered aim down sights recoil dealie. Surprisingly I really like using the Feline (the first unlockable smg) shoots fast enough that things die pretty instantly at close range. I also much prefer the 1st unlockable assault rifle (grendl or some shit?) over the default Scar. I need extended mag and a reflex sight to use it effectively though. I like to shoot a lot, but it's also really powerful so I need to get used to it killing people in like 2 bursts.

gg's tonight, only losses were to those glitchers and to those scrubs they had Erie Otter jerseys...

speaking of jerseys, I might need to get my eyes checked, but I distinctly recall those atrocities we wore tonight not looking like the black and pink awesomeness that I created and that the democracy voted as the winner. Therefore I am back on STRIKE until our dictator gives the people what they want.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
zsswimmer said:
If everyone is playing in the playoffs tomorrow night someone can fill in my spot. UFC is on :D

So maybe like House-Schuey or one of those guys don't get on we can get the newbie some playoff experience ;)

Yeah if possible I would like to play tomorrow. Hopefully I can fit it in. I'm off to Mexico on Sunday so I will be packing, cleaning the house, etc..

Nozdeuce

TheVisualizer said:
gg's tonight, only losses were to those glitchers and to those scrubs they had Erie Otter jerseys...

speaking of jerseys, I might need to get my eyes checked, but I distinctly recall those atrocities we wore tonight not looking like the black and pink awesomeness that I created and that the democracy voted as the winner. Therefore I am back on STRIKE until our dictator gives the people what they want.
Marcie broke down and fixed them. Rejoice!

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:

Jerseys are changed, crosby.

In my defense, I'd like the record to show that Viz was the most vocal in opposition to the last black/silver jerseys we had and also of the use of pink.

I may be a dictator but I'm a kind one. Except to manchot. Fuck that guy.

Marvie_3 said:

In my defense, I'd like the record to show that Viz was the most vocal in opposition to the last black/silver jerseys we had and also of the use of pink.

In my defense, I'd like the record to show that Marvie was the most vocal in opposition to every single jersey that he did not have a hand in creating himself and also the use of every single other color except pink.

I was not in opposition to your last black/silver jerseys, look up the post history, I recall myself stating something like "damn Marvie those are the best jerseys you ever came up with". You got bored of them before I did, you lying sack of shit.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
In my defense, I'd like the record to show that Marvie was the most vocal in opposition to every single jersey that he did not have a hand in creating himself and also the use of every single other color except pink.

I was not in opposition to your last black/silver jerseys, look up the post history, I recall myself stating something like "damn Marvie those are the best jerseys you ever came up with". You got bored of them before I did, you lying sack of shit.
I was recalling you ripping on them during games quite a bit. ;)

Also, your jerseys usually aren't bad. Those blue and gold ones you posted a couple pages ago are awesome.

Marvie_3 said:
I was recalling you ripping on them during games quite a bit. ;)

Also, your jerseys usually aren't bad. Those blue and gold ones you posted a couple pages ago are awesome.

just quoting this for the archives before you come to your senses and decide to edit your post

Marvie_3

Banned
Good games montrsor, schuey, and noz. Couple bad losses there at the end.

One thing I've noticed over the last week+ is that our transition defense has been getting progressively worse. Dmen are jumping way too far into plays too often and we're getting crushed on breakaways/odd man rushes. Our forechecking and backchecking haven't been good either. Forwards aren't getting good pressure in their D zone or going through the neutral zone. We have to step it up in the next couple days or the playoffs are going to be over in a hurry.

Nozdeuce

Those games were my bad, was trying out a different build WHICH OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T WORK HOLY GOD

I'm fairly confident in asserting that every one of the goals against us in the 2nd and 3rd games came directly from me turning over the puck in some manner. Sorry gang.

So yeah, I've switched my build back already, you can look forward to me crushing the enemy D man in his own end long after the play has gone the other way.

Nozdeuce

Now these are some fucking jerseys. Numbers should be Pink on both, and the blue should be more blindingly neon, but it's late.

562A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_UdU.jpg

562A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_Mvx.jpg

562A0001_3_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_DpA.jpg

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Noz has now replaced Viz as the worst jersey creator in the world.
Before joining the gaf team my friends and I used the above black one and...

562A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_UbS.jpg

Marvie_3 said:

Aww, he mentioned me. *blushes*

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Good games montrsor, schuey, and noz. Couple bad losses there at the end.

One thing I've noticed over the last week+ is that our transition defense has been getting progressively worse. Dmen are jumping way too far into plays too often and we're getting crushed on breakaways/odd man rushes. Our forechecking and backchecking haven't been good either. Forwards aren't getting good pressure in their D zone or going through the neutral zone. We have to step it up in the next couple days or the playoffs are going to be over in a hurry.
Sounds like you guys are missing me :D

Marvie_3 said:
Noz has now replaced Viz as the worst jersey creator in the world

I vow that I will regain my title one day!

Those pink and blue jerseys aint bad Noz, but I wouldn't want to rock them because you already used them. The green ones are terrible though, I'm surprised Marvie doesn't like them with his sense of style...

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Later this afternoon or at some point in the evening would probably be good for me to play. Would like to get a playoff game under my belt.

Alright this is an official announcement :(

If I'm on the playoff roster this is my last stand. Unfortunately I have had a shit surprise circumstance thrown at me in real life; let's just say I have to find and move to a new place in NYC a month earlier than I thought, while I'm in the middle of working and schooling and preparing for basically what you would call a end-of-grad-school-rape-assignment. So April is absolutely shittastic for me and I just don't think I'll have any time. And in May I'm going to be pretty much partying all the fucking time till I move away lol.

...and if I'm not on the playoff roster then bye :(

Montresor

I know I have to be more stay-at-home. However, I keep getting caught out of position because I feel our offensive game wouldn't work if I wasn't closer to the blueline waiting for a pass to the point. And maybe I'm wrong on that issue. Do you guys usually score with crisscrossing plays between forwards, or do you usually need the defenseman to make good plays at the point in order to score goals?

Regardless, I handle the puck like a grenade at the blueline, so I'll work on being more defensively responsible.

Montresor said:
I know I have to be more stay-at-home. However, I keep getting caught out of position because I feel our offensive game wouldn't work if I wasn't closer to the blueline waiting for a pass to the point. And maybe I'm wrong on that issue. Do you guys usually score with crisscrossing plays between forwards, or do you usually need the defenseman to make good plays at the point in order to score goals?

Regardless, I handle the puck like a grenade at the blueline, so I'll work on being more defensively responsible.

from the 2 games I played with you yesterday, 1 EASHL and the other that intrasquad scrimmage, you look like you have the hard part down...defending. As a former Legend Defenseman I can say you looked pretty awesome back there.

On offense just stay at the point in the proper position either along the boards or at the center of the blueline, and depending on who you are playing with you may or may not get pucks passed back to you. If you do it's generally not a good idea to try a slapshot unless you make someone miss first, it may look like you have room but they will close you down and go the other way with the puck 90% of the time if you just walk it out towards the center of the blueline for a slapshot.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
I vow that I will regain my title one day!

Those pink and blue jerseys aint bad Noz, but I wouldn't want to rock them because you already used them. The green ones are terrible though, I'm surprised Marvie doesn't like them with his sense of style...
You're just jealous that my Winnipeg Jets unis looked better than anything you've made.

ph33nix said:
Alright this is an official announcement :(

If I'm on the playoff roster this is my last stand. Unfortunately I have had a shit surprise circumstance thrown at me in real life; let's just say I have to find and move to a new place in NYC a month earlier than I thought, while I'm in the middle of working and schooling and preparing for basically what you would call a end-of-grad-school-rape-assignment. So April is absolutely shittastic for me and I just don't think I'll have any time. And in May I'm going to be pretty much partying all the fucking time till I move away lol.

...and if I'm not on the playoff roster then bye :(
I'll be figuring out the playoff roster tonight. They don't start until tomorrow though. I'm sure I could find a way to give you manchot's spot.

That's quite the retirement speech though. We'll miss you buddy. :(

Montresor said:

We try to get a good mix going but sometimes we press and our offense becomes really one dimensional.

I think we should run through some practices just to get everybody back on the same page.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Marvie_3 said:
I'll be figuring out the playoff roster tonight. They don't start until tomorrow though. I'm sure I could find a way to give you manchot's spot.

Shit. I guess I'm out then. I'm away for the next week starting tomorrow.
Good luck though. Lets get a Pro Championship!!

Top Bottom