• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Montresor

Marchand is Keslering

Heh

Is that two dives for Marchand in this game? Brendan Shanahan is a moron. He doesn't discipline diving. And when he disciplines against dangerous hits, he's inconsistent as hell, and idiotically factors injury when determining suspension length.

UberTag

yes.gif

2 WINS DOWN! 14 TO GO!

RingVariant1.jpg
RingVariant1.jpg

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I can't defend a lot of stuff Marchand does, but he honestly very, very rarely dives. I know none of you would believe that, but eh, who cares.

Good win, nice to score some goals finally.

How someone can root for the Bruins is beyond me. Apart from Bergeron, there's not a single likeable player on this team. They cheat, they fake, they try to injure, they're ugly. I guess if you only care about your team winning, they do win games. But if you're looking for entertaining hockey and admirable individuals, leaders and great athletes, you gotta look the other way.

TheFatOne

Is it me or is Marchand loosing his edged quite a bit in the series? Love Marchand, but if he wasn't a Bruin he would probably be in my top 3 most hated players.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Gah, all the TSN streams somehow have no commentary for me, only arena sound (I know some of you like that, but I don't.). Does anyone have a good stream with commentary? If yes, please PM me :/ all the firstrowsports ones suck.

EDIT: True, thx ether snake, it's fixed now.

MacAttack

How someone can root for the Bruins is beyond me. Apart from Bergeron, there's not a single likeable player on this team. They cheat, they fake, they try to injure, they're ugly. I guess if you only care about your team winning, they do win games. But if you're looking for entertaining hockey and admirable individuals, leaders and great athletes, you gotta look the other way.

I wouldn't expect a Habs fan to understand.

4a67e6ddabb74a26710e793746e23f90.jpg

Is it me or is Marchand loosing his edged quite a bit in the series? Love Marchand, but if he wasn't a Bruin he would probably be in my top 3 most hated players.
Marchand is a useless twat. He's like Sean Avery without the sense of humor.
A wouldn't expect a Habs fan to understand.

4a67e6ddabb74a26710e793746e23f90.jpg
Why? Because a Habs player would never send a finger to a crowd that's paying his salary? Yeah, probably.

I think that's called being classy.

That's what's fun about being a fan of a classy organization. When they lose, you can still be proud about them. When the Bruins go back to losing in a couple of years when Thomas and Chara become useless, they'll just be another classless team nobody cares about.

Montresor

Like this actually matters. Do you want to fuck your hockey players or do you want them to win you a Cup?

They cheat, they fake, they try to injure, they're ugly. Well let's add a couple of more qualifiers and maybe we can illuminate you. They're talented, they're fast, they're tough. Gregory Campbell and Shawn Thornton are god tier fourth liners and they'd be perfect on almost any team. Lucic is a bit of a goon, but he would be idolized as a hero in Montreal or Toronto. He's a genetic freak who hits hard, fights among the best, and can play on the first line. Chara is one of the best defensemen in the league. Who wouldn't want an intimidating presence like that on their blueline.

Keep in mind that I truly despise the Bruins. Fuck that team. But I respect their talent and toughness. I will give you that Marchand is a devious little snake. He's the only Bruin that I wouldn't want on the Leafs under any circumstances.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Is anyone else not hearing the commentators?

edit: fixed

Like this actually matters. Do you want to fuck your hockey players or do you want them to win you a Cup?

They cheat, they fake, they try to injure, they're ugly. Well let's add a couple of more qualifiers and maybe we can illuminate you. They're talented, they're fast, they're tough. Gregory Campbell and Shawn Thornton are god tier fourth liners and they'd be perfect on almost any team. Lucic is a bit of a goon, but he would be idolized as a hero in Montreal or Toronto. He's a genetic freak who hits hard, fights among the best, and can play on the first line. Chara is one of the best defensemen in the league. Who wouldn't want an intimidating presence like that on their blueline.

Keep in mind that I truly despise the Bruins. Fuck that team. But I respect their talent and toughness. I will give you that Marchand is a devious little snake, a pathetic rat. He's the only Bruin that I wouldn't want on the Leafs under any circumstances.
Dude, you root for the Leafs.

For the record, there has never been a player like Lucic playing for the Habs. It's simply not our style. We won all our cups with scoring talent and hard work.

And yeah, the "they're ugly" part was a joke. But once again, you're being a complete retard who's been rejected by his own team's fans.

MacAttack

Him and Seguin both look a little lost out there. Seguin more so.

I think playing against the Ovechkin line the first two games they were afraid to make a big turnover and were playing too conservatively. They shuffled the lines and put Krejci with them but Krejci is another guy who has been invisible. I think those guys would look better in a more wide open type of game but you won't see that in this series.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Seven straight Game 3 wins for the B's. I like that stat.

rellix

Lucic & Marchand
KuGsj.gif
Truly pathetic.

Normally I could say "I've lost respect for them after tonight," but I lost it for those two a long while ago.

Caps played so shitty the last 30 minutes. If I ever see Schultz take another shift in a Caps uniform.. save me jebus.

UberTag

Him and Seguin both look a little lost out there. Seguin more so.

I think playing against the Ovechkin line the first two games they were afraid to make a big turnover and were playing too conservatively. They shuffled the lines and put Krejci with them but Krejci is another guy who has been invisible. I think those guys would look better in a more wide open type of game but you won't see that in this series.
Seguin's been invisible.
Krejci's still rattled from having a 120-pound piece of acrylic land on him after Game 1.

And I'd take Marchand any day of the week over Lucic because at least Marchand is smart about being a dick whereas Looch just makes dumbass decisions and almost cost his team the win tonight.

On the bright side, the one useless player from last year's Stanley Cup run... aka "the Maple Leaf" Tomas Kaberle... isn't around any more. Which I'm quite thrilled about. Foreign Jackass can take solace in the fact that he has a Toronto player taking up space on his active roster.

Socreges

Banned
I can't defend a lot of stuff Marchand does, but he honestly very, very rarely dives. I know none of you would believe that, but eh, who cares.

Good win, nice to score some goals finally.

Same with Kesler. Doesn't take much to get branded. Best to just not do it at all.

TheFatOne

Katie Carrera ‏ @kcarrera Close
Backstrom received a match penalty at the end of regulation. It comes with an automatic one-game suspension pending reviewal by NHL. #Caps

oops wrong hit

Edit: I missed it what did he do?

UberTag

oops wrong hit

Edit: I missed it what did he do?
Evidently he cross-checked Peverley in that scrum after the whistle blew at the end of regulation.

Great news about Backstrom if that match penalty holds.
Would love to get a death grip on this series at 3-1 before heading back home to Beantown.

Rooting hardcore for the Panthers tomorrow night.

Acid08

Banned
The Blues literally run that same PP every single fucking time and they always score. TMac, get your fucking head out of your ass and make a PK change.

Top Bottom