• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Acid08

Banned
Still alot of game left

Come on, you know how the Blues play with a lead.

Sharks haven't showed me anything against the Blues that they can overcome any kind of deficit. Our players just aren't making good decisions and, outside of Thronton, out top line is total shit. Fucking annoyed.

Acid08

Banned
Those Blues are for real...

It's refreshing to see bullshit free playoff hockey.

You obviously didn't watch the last game.

They're for real against us because we have incompetent coaching and dumb players. The Blues have maybe 4 top 6 forwards, a terrible bottom 6, pretty good D, and brilliant goalies. They'll be exposed at some point.

Jakeh111

Come on, you know how the Blues play with a lead.

Sharks haven't showed me anything against the Blues that they can overcome any kind of deficit. Our players just aren't making good decisions and, outside of Thronton, out top line is total shit. Fucking annoyed.

I can't talk on how SJ plays because I really just follow the Blues but STL has had missteps in the regular season where they just dont keep the pressure on.

I'd rather see the Sharks win, though, I'm tired of them having that underachiever tag. I'd like Jumbo Joe to win a Stanley Cup.

But yeah, I didn't watch the last game.

Being out of the playoffs is interesting, you lose the homer glasses and you can really see other teams for what they are.

For instance, you can easily see that the Rangers are a good team that plays it straight, and that the Pens are a team full of retarded kids.

Fei

I've always liked and respected the Sharks. Talented, clean team that loses spectacularly. That describes plenty of Sabres and Bills teams of the past, so I can relate.

Coins

Banned
They all came out of nowhere when their team had a good season.

Foote is the only member I remember seeing regularly.

I post occasionally. I have the best wings place in the world a block from my apartment so I watch away games there and for home games I'm sitting up in section 318. I'm sadly at home tonight because my dog has the shits and I like my carpet. Lol.

Acid08

Banned
I'm gonna go make myself a drink.

Sharks need to find a way. The pressure and the chances are there but nothing is going in.

edit: Borderline clean check by Winnik gets called but not that slash on Pavs? Questionable but at the least the officiating is way better than Saturday.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Blues-Age has been FOOTE and belvedere for the past few seasons, at least. Can't recall anyone else from that period.

UberTag

Just to call out a class act when one takes place...

Joe McDonald @ESPNJoeyMac
Chimera was waiting for Marchand near the Bruins' team bus after the game and offered an apology for the spear to the groin.
Twitter

Chimera to Marchand: Sorry for low blow - ESPN.com

WASHINGTON -- Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand was walking to the team bus after the 4-3 victory in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinal series against Washington Monday night at Verizon Center, and waiting for him at the end of the hallway was Capitals forward Jason Chimera.

During a scrum in front of the Bruins’ net early in the third period, Chimera clearly struck Marchand in the groin area with his stick, sending Marchand to the ice in pain. He was attended to by team trainer Don DelNegro.

Chimera was given a two-minute penalty for slashing.

In the hallway, Chimera apologized for the incident.

“Sorry, man. You know I’m not like that,” Chimera told Marchand.

Apologies aside, Marchand was not happy with the slash.

“He was trying to be sneaky and do a cheap shot,” Marchand said before talking with Chimera. “The ref caught him and that’s all that matters.”

It’s the playoffs and no doubt emotions are running high, but Marchand thought Chimera crossed the line.

“You don’t want to see stuff like that,” Marchand said. “You want to try to stay away from that stuff, but that happens in the playoffs.”
Good on you Jason Chimera. You're a stand-up guy.

560341_275458385879451_244528182305805_609592_580452159_n.jpg

Acid08

Banned
Welp that's the game. We're just giving them all the time in the world and no pressure on the penalty kill.

I don't understand why the coaching staff thinks this PK strategy is going to work. It hasn't all year long and it still isn't, god forbid changes are made.

Top Bottom